PDA

View Full Version : NEW to site, want to be poolee, asking information

jodom15sc
01-25-09, 10:26 AM
I must say I have looked around the forums and there is a lot of helpful information on here. Im talking to recruiters right now for usmc and I want to contract to leave for bootcamp soon as Im done for college this semester. So I know Im not a official poolee officially in DEP yet. But I did not know where to post really since I am new.

Somebody else may have already asked a question like this, but right now Im stuck on some of the contracting stuff. Im trying to decide on a MOS field, I want to be a police officer after I join the military. But I am thinking of doing Artillery, infantry, or Motor transport, Ive been told by every marine Ive talked to even the recruiter and they said doing MP would suck and not help after serving. So I was wondering what you marines thought of these three fields? Im just trying to find information to help decide which to choose, Im really leaning towards artillery.

Also, i was wondering, how can i get a sign on bonus, i have a 6000 school loan and i would just like a little something to help pay it off. Two of my friends that are marines say never contract unless I get a bonus. So wondering if its easy to get one.

Lastly is there any information I should know about MEPS, Bootcamp, School, or job base i should know about? I found the forum about helping to make it throw bootcamp, so is there anymore forums i should save and memorize?

If this is in the wrong forum I move to a different one,

Wes40138
01-25-09, 10:56 AM
I must say I have looked around the forums and there is a lot of helpful information on here. Im talking to recruiters right now for usmc and I want to contract to leave for bootcamp soon as Im done for college this semester. So I know Im not a official poolee officially in DEP yet. But I did not know where to post really since I am new.

Somebody else may have already asked a question like this, but right now Im stuck on some of the contracting stuff. Im trying to decide on a MOS field, I want to be a police officer after I join the military. But I am thinking of doing Artillery, infantry, or Motor transport, Ive been told by every marine Ive talked to even the recruiter and they said doing MP would suck and not help after serving. So I was wondering what you marines thought of these three fields? Im just trying to find information to help decide which to choose, Im really leaning towards artillery.

Also, i was wondering, how can i get a sign on bonus, i have a 6000 school loan and i would just like a little something to help pay it off. Two of my friends that are marines say never contract unless I get a bonus. So wondering if its easy to get one.

Lastly is there any information I should know about MEPS, Bootcamp, School, or job base i should know about? I found the forum about helping to make it throw bootcamp, so is there anymore forums i should save and memorize?

If this is in the wrong forum I move to a different one,
Welcome ,
1st off ,ALWAYS capitalize Marine . Secondly ,there is a huge thread that already covers bonuses (FYI-use the search bar ) ,Third and final, I know I've been told "you need to find a job with skills that will transfer well into the civilian world" ......If I wanted to do that I would go to technical school or I would finish college .I'm sure potential employers will look @ your TIS ,no matter the MOS and say "Gee now there's a fella that has Honor ,Courage and Commitment ".
And as I mentioned before, use the search Luke .You can find anything ,just about .:D

Wes40138
01-25-09, 11:00 AM
Oh, yeah fill out your profile ASAP ! Or no one (else) will answer your questions .