PDA

View Full Version : A little Advise...

jp1816
01-24-09, 10:02 PM
Hey how's it going all, I am a 23 year old who is trying to the join the Marines, I love this country too death and I want to something noble in my life. For the past two years I have lost 65lbs and I need to lose 100lbs more to join the delay entry program. Right now I am stuck at a job with no end in sight. What I am doing here is I am asking advise on the best possible ways and healthy ways to lose weight as fast as possible so I can join the marines. If any of you can give me advise I would appreciate it.
Thank you and god bless you all

rvillac2
01-24-09, 10:13 PM
There is plenty of info for you to read in the Poolee Hall.

saltyone
01-24-09, 11:03 PM
Good luck my friend. My cousin was a decorated recon Marine. He served for about eight years before coming home to be a cop. Before he was able to join the Corps, he had to lose well over a hundred pounds himself. It took him about a year. I was in high school at the time and remember how hard he worked to lose the weight. You can do it...it just takes discipline and desire. He went from being very out of shape to becoming a fine Marine.

Running is your friend. It's the best way to shed the pounds. Run as far as you can daily. Change your eating habits. It doesn't take long to break bad habits and you'll be amazed at how much energy you have.

If you truly want to be one of us, then work your azz off, always keeping your eye on the prize. Other people have done it, so there is no reason why you can't. Visit often and let us know how you are doing. If you need encouragement, you'll find it here.

Good luck.

biesseb
01-24-09, 11:08 PM
May I suggest visiting www.bodybuilding.com, going to the fat loss message board. People there will be able to help you out I believe much better than any of us can. A good place to start though is finding out how many calories a day you require to stay where your at and then eating fewer than that, all while doing cardio and weights.

SlingerDun
01-25-09, 12:00 AM
Take the fork out your mouth and remain active. Don't drive when you can walk or bike. Make the last meal of the day a small one and don't feed at least a few hours before bed.

I have different ideas about excessive running for XXL's. It may not agree with the joints and dem bones until your a light heavyweight. Humping stairs, bleachers, hills etc should kick your ass plenty it just takes a little more patience. I seen giants get in good wrestling shape with out running much at all. Good Luck.

--->Dave