PDA

View Full Version : Command change occurs at MCLB

thedrifter
01-23-09, 08:13 AM
Command change occurs at MCLB
Maj. Ricardo Matus is now in command of Headquarters Company, East, Marine Corps Logistics Command at the Marine Corps Logistics Base in Albany.
Jennifer Maddox Parks jennifer.parks@albanyherald.com

MCLB-ALBANY — Maj. Ricardo Matus joined the command team at Marine Corps Logistics Base-Albany Thursday during a change of command ceremony conducted on base.

A change of command ceremony took place Thursday morning for Headquarters Company, East, Marine Corps Logistics Command at the Marine Corps Logistics Base in Albany. Maj. Richard Harrington turned over command of the unit to Matus.

“The last year has been amazing. We’ve come a long way in LOGCOM,” Harrington said. “We worked hard and made people accountable. We could not be more proud. Each one of us is taking care of others and ourselves. That is what we are about.”

After the command switched to Matus, he commented on the level of responsibility this new post will hold for him.

“I’m happy to have this opportunity,” he said. “I have big shoes to fill. I look forward to following in the direction of Harrington and to serving as best I can.”

Matus’ new post will require him to interact with Marines in the unit to ensure preparedness for their duties, making sure they have educational opportunities, that they remain physically fit, among other things.

“It involves getting everyone to work together as a team,” said Harrington. “I loved this job, but it’s a necessary change.”

More than 100 Marines, including the Albany Marine Band, participated in the event. The ceremony took place after Harrington held the commanding post for nearly a year.

Ellie