PDA

View Full Version : Faking orders.....kinda long, bear with me

Quest4Knowledge
01-22-09, 09:08 PM
Hey All,
Okay so faking orders might be an extreme way to put it. Here is the situation:

Back in 2005 my reserve unit told us that we were going to deploy in a couple of months. They told us that the orders were on the way and to start getting our lives ready asap, like wills, housing, any kinda of contract we needed to break. For me this meant leaving College mid-semester to get stuff done. Well about 5 weeks later we were told to stand down because new orders were inbound for us to go somewhere else, which came true. Anyways, I went back to my teachers and explain the situation and they refused to help me and I got "F's" for all the classes and was told there was nothing I could do. After I came back from the real deployment I had to give the college my orders to reenroll me. But they told me that if I could provide proof of the earlier deployment that they might excuse the failed semester.

Here's the problem:

There is no proof and we never got paperwork because they rescheduled us last minute. Plus, all of the Marines who are a higher rank than me are gone and those that are left are my peers, juniors, or wasn't there at the time. No New Marine there now would put something in writing verifying a story they don't have an account of.

Here is what I'm thinking:

Write something that you would expect to get from admin explaining the situation. Put on the company letter head and then put on there the POC info of a Marine who was in the unit during that time incase they need to call and ask questions.

Another Problem:

What if that isn't good enough and they want a warning order like you receive before you get the 5 page actual order or something?

Solution:

I could write up a fake document that says it constitutes original orders and model it like the one I got for the later deployment. Do the same thing with the POC from above. But I don't want to because A) couldn't they verify authenticity somehow, B) it's illegal, and C) it shows no integrity. Unfortunetly, I need my degree and to fix this situation at the school.

I could really use some suggestion and/or advice. Thoughts?

GySgtRet
01-22-09, 09:31 PM
With incomplete information it is difficult to give you any advise. For instance are you Air Wing MLG or a 4th MarDiv Marine? I will take a stab it it but bare in mind this is all just a guess becasue of the lack of information. I would right or better yet call the HQ that you are attached to. They may be able to accomodate it but because of security reasons they may not be able to respond with the information that you need. It is possible, and only possible that the RS may be able to help.

Gunny out
:usmc:

outlaw3179
01-22-09, 09:32 PM
Gee I dont know Corporal . Do you really *****ng think thats a good idea?

temarti
01-23-09, 12:39 AM
Solution:

I could write up a fake document that says it constitutes original orders and model it like the one I got for the later deployment. Do the same thing with the POC from above. But I don't want to because A) couldn't they verify authenticity somehow, B) it's illegal, and C) it shows no integrity. Unfortunetly, I need my degree and to fix this situation at the school.

Why did you wait so long to try to get this fixed, at the time you were told orders were coming did you just drop everything without actually getting the orders?

Yes, it is illegal to produce false documents in an attempt of personal gain, I would think even contemplating this in order to fix the situation is a question of integrity, now if you go through with it then your integrity is shot. You can not fix a cracked egg.

Quest4Knowledge
01-23-09, 02:48 AM
This all happened about 4 months after I finished SOI and being new, didn't know that nothing is set in stone and to not alter my life until I have paper in my hand confirming information. I was just following what I was being told to do.

When I went back to school after the deployment was rescheduled the faculty was unwilling to help and said I had to take the F's. It wasn't until I got back from deployment in 2007 that the school said that I was wrongly informed and to produce paperwork and they'd try to get it fixed.

Finding this out I contacted my admin to get a letter explaining the situation and par admin SOP they acted like it was a huge deal and by doing their job they were in fact doing me some kind of a huge favor. So nothing happened and I dropped the issue, but now I'm trying to get into Grad. school and get a Federal job after I graduate. I need to get the failed semester taken off my transcript.

So I didn't initially wait. And yes, I know that it's illegal, that's why I said "B) it's illegal." I threw that out there because even though I'm not doing it, those are the only solutions I see and I would like help if anyone has any other ideas or knows of a similar situation.