PDA

View Full Version : Preparation For Bootcamp

PooleeWickline
01-22-09, 01:27 PM
Hey, I am Poolee Wickline. I ship to Parris Island on June 29th, which leaves me about 5 months left. I was wondering what would be ways for me to prepare for basic, primarely focusing on the physical aspects, then the mental and emotional.

SGT7477
01-22-09, 02:21 PM
So you must be going to the army so I don't know how you should prepare for basic, but to prepare for the Marine Corps it's really mind over matter. Another thing you can't prepare yourself mentally for our boot camp, just do as your told and do it quick.

Taylor0861
01-22-09, 03:40 PM
First, you are going to boot camp, not basic. There is a difference. Second, you need to be able to run, do pull-ups, and crunches well. Don't worry about distance, the most you will probably run is about 4-5 miles. If you want to try to prepare for the humps, load up a pack with about 40-50 pounds of sand and go for a walk. Parris Island does not have any hills, but she has other challenges.
There is really nothing you can do to prepare mentally and emotionally. Hopefully you have been away from home for an extended period of time before. I was surprised that a number of recruits from my platoon had not.

rvillac2
01-22-09, 03:55 PM
Taylor, can you fill out your profile please.
Are you MOS 0861? If so, we could certainly use your input here.

PooleeWickline
01-22-09, 05:55 PM
thank you for the help