PDA

View Full Version : Bike

echo3oscar1833
01-22-09, 09:11 AM
Well guys Im looking to buy me a motorcycle this spring, always been interested in getting one. Anyone got any suggestions, ideas, prices. I want to get a used bike. Thinking of spending about $10,000:marine:

usmc0331
01-22-09, 09:30 AM
look me up brother, Ill give you a great deal.

www.atomicpowersports.com (http://www.atomicpowersports.com)

or give me a shout 734-241-8444 10-6 mon-fri or 10-4 sat

I can ship usually for 300-400 bucks

KawiGunny
01-22-09, 09:42 AM
Would probably help a little if you gave more info. Like do you have riding experience and how much? What type of riding you are looking at doing? What type of bike do you have in mind(sport/sport touring/cruiser)?

usmchauer
01-22-09, 09:44 AM
What are you looking to get out of it? Do you want a street bike? Cruiser? Give us some of your thoughts.

david43844
01-22-09, 10:13 AM
Check out the Suzuki Boulavard C50T

Crusader20
01-22-09, 10:18 AM
Would probably help a little if you gave more info. Like do you have riding experience and how much? What type of riding you are looking at doing? What type of bike do you have in mind(sport/sport touring/cruiser)?

that is what i would have suggested. Lets us know what type of ride you are looking into. You may get different ideas.

nvusmcsgt
01-22-09, 11:04 AM
I like the street fighter look. I cant believe I am sayint this the the Harley full dress Ultra Classic is nice.

Phantom Blooper
01-22-09, 12:21 PM
http://www.bmcycles.com/harleyVShonda.swf

:beer:

:evilgrin:

Sluggo977
01-22-09, 12:30 PM
if you like the street fighter look check out the buell lighting .

ride safe

echo3oscar1833
01-22-09, 01:17 PM
Well Im looking to get a cruiser bike. Been looking at the Harley Dyna Low Riders to be exact. Sry I didn't post that info, went out and got me a set of Red Wing Riding Boots Yesterday. Im definately going to get a bike of that sorts. Just wanna know some experiences, and suggestions on things. I have about 3 months of riding experience on a Honda Shadow.:marine:

KawiGunny
01-22-09, 01:24 PM
Well Im looking to get a cruiser bike. Been looking at the Harley Dyna Low Riders to be exact. Sry I didn't post that info, went out and got me a set of Red Wing Riding Boots Yesterday. Im definately going to get a bike of that sorts. Just wanna know some experiences, and suggestions on things. I have about 3 months of riding experience on a Honda Shadow.:marine:

Do you still have the Honda Shadow? If so, please keep riding it for a few more months and play around with it. Ride it like you stole it from time to time but don't go to far out of your comfort zone. Please don't take it wrong but that doesn't seem to be much experience to upgrade to that type of bike. You may be more than capable of handling it but I don't know you to judge that personally. I have been riding for about 30 yrs and have seen a lot of things go wrong with inexperienced riders on bikes they shouldn't have. Thats just my 2 cents.

echo3oscar1833
01-22-09, 01:29 PM
Do you still have the Honda Shadow? If so, please keep riding it for a few more months and play around with it. Ride it like you stole it from time to time but don't go to far out of your comfort zone. Please don't take it wrong but that doesn't seem to be much experience to upgrade to that type of bike. You may be more than capable of handling it but I don't know you to judge that personally. I have been riding for about 30 yrs and have seen a lot of things go wrong with inexperienced riders on bikes they shouldn't have. Thats just my 2 cents.

I wish I had the bike still around, it wasn't mine unfortuantly it was my buddies and he lives in florida. I am looking at the prospect of getting a Shadow also. They seem to be a relative easy bike to ride, from the little experience I have on one. I was just looking at the Honda site, I could pick one up alot cheaper than a Harley. That and I could get one on ebay for only a few thousand. Thanks for the advice Gunny much appreciated. Kill!!

KawiGunny
01-22-09, 01:40 PM
I wish I had the bike still around, it wasn't mine unfortuantly it was my buddies and he lives in florida. I am looking at the prospect of getting a Shadow also. They seem to be a relative easy bike to ride, from the little experience I have on one. I was just looking at the Honda site, I could pick one up alot cheaper than a Harley. That and I could get one on ebay for only a few thousand. Thanks for the advice Gunny much appreciated. Kill!!

The Ebay route or Craigslist route would be my advice. Buy something used, in good shape and cheap. Ride it till you are very comfortable with it then look at buying something down the line of what you really want. That way you haven't forked out a lot of money on the first bike and someone out there is always looking for a cheap starter bike. Take your time while getting some milage rolled up. As you get more comfortable with it then start playing around with it to increase your comfort level. Your young and shouldn't be in any hurry to get anywhere. Especially the grave.

echo3oscar1833
01-22-09, 07:29 PM
The Ebay route or Craigslist route would be my advice. Buy something used, in good shape and cheap. Ride it till you are very comfortable with it then look at buying something down the line of what you really want. That way you haven't forked out a lot of money on the first bike and someone out there is always looking for a cheap starter bike. Take your time while getting some milage rolled up. As you get more comfortable with it then start playing around with it to increase your comfort level. Your young and shouldn't be in any hurry to get anywhere. Especially the grave.

Yeah Im def, not looking to get out, show off on, my goal is to get a bike by Jun 20, I wanna go to Sturgis on The River this year up in Davenport IA. Its a pretty big rally. Again thanks for the advice Gunny, always good to get info from a seasoned rider. Anybody else got any good advice, or other bikes.:D

usmchauer
01-22-09, 08:53 PM
My suggestion is to get your license and find dealers that will let you rent. Money well spent for sure. You can try out a few different styles of bikes and even different brands. The only way to know for sure what you [I]really[I] want out of a bike is to try 'em out. Also most states offer a motorcycle safety course. I took the course a few months ago in California and was definately money well spent for a beginning rider. Good luck.

NoRemorse
01-22-09, 08:54 PM
Haven't ridden a bike in years. Kid on the way so we won't be cruising for years. The wife's amenable to a cruiser.

Here's my question: Anyone know where I can buy a '72 Datsun 280Z?

bucksgted
01-22-09, 09:08 PM
I've owned bunches of brands, but I'm partial to HD. I put lots and lots of miles on my bike and do it in comfort and style on my Ultra. Can also say I put approx 100K miles on my 1972 Honda 750 K3. You've had some really good advice on riding, but it sounds like you need lots of experience. Do yourself and the rest of us out on the road - - - take a Riders Edge Class and then take an experienced riders class. Even the Marine Corps says each Marine rider must take both. There are many, many reasons to do it.

Stay safe, no matter what you ride!! Just ride, have fun and be safe!!

bucksgted
01-22-09, 09:17 PM
Haven't ridden a bike in years. Kid on the way so we won't be cruising for years. The wife's amenable to a cruiser.

Here's my question: Anyone know where I can buy a '72 Datsun 280Z?

Sorry, Marine, you won't ever find a '72 280Z; in '72 they were 240Zs. I owned one of the first 260Zs in 1974 (commercially acceptable, piece of crap for carbs). 280Z hit the streets in '75. The 260Z really was only made for one year. Having said all that, my 260Z with 240Z carbs was a reeeeeal screamer. Found a man when I lived in Atlanta that did the conversion for me and installed adjustable struts. Rode like a brick on a roller skate, but sure was fun to drive.

Sgt Jim
01-22-09, 09:20 PM
Echo3,I bought a new 900 kwallski,i know thats not how you spell it,that what i call it.it,s big enough for my wife and myself,gets good gas mileage and it,s a layed back style of a cruiser.came with bags ,wind shield, sissy bar,got it for 7.500.00,new.every one i ride with ride harleys,only one ask me why i didn,t buy a harley,told him i had earned the right to buy what i wanted and could afford,and didn,t see him handing any money over to buy what he thought i should have bought.each to his own,buy what you think you will be happy with,you can research them on line or buy some cycle mags to see what they have tested.i have been on motorcycles from age two till now,have two bikes,one old honda and the new one.if you havent taken a riders course you might think about takeing one like MSF,you can lower ins. rates.have fun,Semper Fi

hrscowboy
01-23-09, 03:00 AM
Harley Davidson ( Chick Magnets )

KawiGunny
01-23-09, 06:30 AM

They are good for boat anchors to. :D

thewookie
01-23-09, 06:39 AM
I will not be shocked when I hear that the Marine Corps has baned bikes, maybe for Sgt's and below. Every time I read the Marine Corps Times, I am seeing another story about another young Marine (usually) that has passed due to a bike accident. I'd venture to say that 75% of Marines that die on bikes are young, and have little or no riding experience. Then factor in the USMC ball extensions that we all grow, and accidents on bikes with young Marines involved are bound to happen.

Don't think they can't do it; if they can ban ink they can ban bikes.

KawiGunny
01-23-09, 06:44 AM
I'm with you. Over the years I have seen the rules slowly change when dealing with bikes and atv's. With todays young hard chargers coming back from across the pond with a pocket full of cash, they...

thewookie
01-23-09, 06:47 AM
Roger that.

With that being said, be safe on bikes Marines!

Semper Fi

NoRemorse
01-23-09, 07:46 AM
Sorry, Marine, you won't ever find a '72 280Z; in '72 they were 240Zs. I owned one of the first 260Zs in 1974 (commercially acceptable, piece of crap for carbs). 280Z hit the streets in '75. The 260Z really was only made for one year. Having said all that, my 260Z with 240Z carbs was a reeeeeal screamer. Found a man when I lived in Atlanta that did the conversion for me and installed adjustable struts. Rode like a brick on a roller skate, but sure was fun to drive.

Wasn't that 280zx released around '75? So bursts my bubble. I'll be a hunting for a Z from 68-72 then.

I wonder if I wasn't looking at the Japanese only version...

Sgt, would you recommend a late 70's model Z or the fuel injected version?

silverdollar
01-23-09, 09:38 AM

If you get the Harley you will need a pick-up too.:D

echo3oscar1833
01-23-09, 10:04 AM
When I was down at 2nd AA Bn my roomate, was showing off on another Marines bike in the parking lot one evening. He was doing circles around cars, went around to fast one time, and ran smack dap into...

echo3oscar1833
01-23-09, 10:07 AM
As far as dress when riding a bike, Im kinda partial to slip on riding boots. I got me a set of Red Wing Riding Boots, slip on with the buckle on the side. Tshirts, jeans, vest, and either a beenie, or rag on the head. I kinda like that rough look. Now how many of you since being out of the Corps actually wear a helmet. Ive never wore one, even though Im sure I should. :D

KawiGunny
01-23-09, 10:29 AM
As far as dress when riding a bike, Im kinda partial to slip on riding boots. I got me a set of Red Wing Riding Boots, slip on with the buckle on the side. Tshirts, jeans, vest, and either a beenie, or rag on the head. I kinda like that rough look. Now how many of you since being out of the Corps actually wear a helmet. Ive never wore one, even though Im sure I should. :D
I never ride without a helmet, jacket (Mesh or leather depending on time of year), gloves and boots. Depending on why I am riding depends on wether I wear jeans or riding pants. Always wear your gear. You never know when you might go down.

Don't wear your gear and you go down....... then you will have that "rough and tough" look you mentioned.

echo3oscar1833
01-23-09, 08:45 PM
I never ride without a helmet, jacket (Mesh or leather depending on time of year), gloves and boots. Depending on why I am riding depends on wether I wear jeans or riding pants. Always wear your gear. You never know when you might go down.

Don't wear your gear and you go down....... then you will have that "rough and tough" look you mentioned.

Yeah your right Gunny I should be wearing a helmet. I have been looking into getting some leather. What would you recommend, also I was curious, do you belong to the Leatherneck Motorcycle Club there Gunny. Been looking to join up once I get my bike. Kill!!

Hamelink83
01-23-09, 10:32 PM
LCpl,

Being a poolee, I don't know if I'm allowed to post in the open area, so hopefully I'm not overstepping my bounds. Most of the advice you've received is good and definitely agree with at least sitting on them to see how you fit on them.

I have riden a lot, although I have spent most of it going full tilt on a racetrack. My dad on the other hand is a cruiser guy so I have ridden his bikes as well as his friends. From personal expierence, if you wanna buy an American bike, go with Victory motorcycles. They tend to be better manufactured overall as well as handle better. I respect Harley Davidson, but I'm not a huge fan. The cost of upkeep on them high, their engine performance is subpar, and they handle like a Mac truck although awesome in a parade setting.

If you don't care where it's made and just want a good bike, check out the Hondas. My dad has a Honda Shadow 1100 that has a bulletproof engine. He has over 50k miles on it and has yet to have a hiccup on it yet. Most of the bikes out of Japan are going to run pretty solid and with a shaft drive, will be fairly low maintainence, have good power for displacement, and handle decently. They do lack the Harley cool factor.

I can tell you first hand that throwing down the cash on good gear is worth it's weight in gold because asphault sucks no matter what speed you it at it. I am a huge fan of Alpinestars and Suomy helmets. I was spit off a bike (if you look at the photos in my profile you can see what was left) at roughly 130mph and walked away due to good gear. Hope this helps in some form.

echo3oscar1833
01-23-09, 10:36 PM
LCpl,

Being a poolee, I don't know if I'm allowed to post in the open area, so hopefully I'm not overstepping my bounds. Most of the advice you've received is good and definitely agree with at least sitting on them to see how you fit on them.

I have riden a lot, although I have spent most of it going full tilt on a racetrack. My dad on the other hand is a cruiser guy so I have ridden his bikes as well as his friends. From personal expierence, if you wanna buy an American bike, go with Victory motorcycles. They tend to be better manufactured overall as well as handle better. I respect Harley Davidson, but I'm not a huge fan. The cost of upkeep on them high, their engine performance is subpar, and they handle like a Mac truck although awesome in a parade setting.

If you don't care where it's made and just want a good bike, check out the Hondas. My dad has a Honda Shadow 1100 that has a bulletproof engine. He has over 50k miles on it and has yet to have a hiccup on it yet. Most of the bikes out of Japan are going to run pretty solid and with a shaft drive, will be fairly low maintainence, have good power for displacement, and handle decently. They do lack the Harley cool factor.

I can tell you first hand that throwing down the cash on good gear is worth it's weight in gold because asphault sucks no matter what speed you it at it. I am a huge fan of Alpinestars and Suomy helmets. I was spit off a bike (if you look at the photos in my profile you can see what was left) at roughly 130mph and walked away due to good gear. Hope this helps in some form.

Appreciate the bike advice little devil dog soon to be,:D. However as a Lance Corporal of Marines it is my duty to inform you that yes you have overstepped your bounds by posting here. Read the rules, post in the Poolee/Wannabe section!! Read the Freaking Rules!!. Kill!!:evilgrin:

Petz
01-24-09, 02:50 AM
I will not be shocked when I hear that the Marine Corps has baned bikes, maybe for Sgt's and below. Every time I read the Marine Corps Times, I am seeing another story about another young Marine (usually) that has passed due to a bike accident. I'd venture to say that 75% of Marines that die on bikes are young, and have little or no riding experience. Then factor in the USMC ball extensions that we all grow, and accidents on bikes with young Marines involved are bound to happen.

Don't think they can't do it; if they can ban ink they can ban bikes.

new MCT has a story about the secs getting together with bike manufacureres... wanting them to stop selling motorcycles designed for racing to young motivators who just got back stateside... and they mention that a lot of them get disabling injuries or in a few cases die shortly after they purchase them... a few hours I think they said.

that's crazy... but banning the bike in general would be facist... I think they would limit CC size though.... a 600 isn't as fast as some people think.

Sgt Jim
01-24-09, 09:42 AM
SSgt Petzold,a 600cc of any of the jap 4 can run well over 140-150 mph,and run high 10 seconds in a 1/4 mile,thats fast

Petz
01-24-09, 09:52 AM
but it's not the jxr 1000 that people kill themselves on all the time....

Sgt Jim
01-24-09, 10:11 AM
True,very true

benw2200
01-24-09, 10:13 AM
http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/Gallery/Honda%20CBR1000RR%2006%20%205.jpg

so sexy...this thing is beautiful

usmc0331
01-24-09, 02:02 PM
the death and accident rate has nothing to do with displacement(600 vs 1000) its all rider inexperience that causes 90% of these crashes with 10% being other factors(IE other drivers, animals etc)

I can run you down all day on a 600, if you were on a 1,000. I can pull faster lap times on the track all day on a 6. Its not the displacement, both bikes are crazy fast its just simply rider error.

I have raced at the professional level(AX/MX), and I have owned literally every brand and model of rocket produced. I can tell you first hand the displacement is not the issue. On a dyno 600's will push just as much torque and RWHP as a 1000 from low to close to mid, so its just as easy to loop out on either.

These young marines now are into rice burner cars and rockets(they are afriad of v8 muscle) and think they look cool in a srt-4 neon for whatever reason or a rocket. Most have never thrown a leg over a bike and go buy themselves a 636 ninja(take my wifes idiot air winger brother) because its cool. The Corp should make any rider take an approved motorcycle safety course and limit the riders on base to E-4 and above, just my 2 cents

Petz
01-24-09, 03:11 PM
http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/Gallery/Honda%20CBR1000RR%2006%20%205.jpg

so sexy...this thing is beautiful

how the sh!t did you enter into service in 2009 and be a PFC???!

if you fvcked up fix it otherwise get your faker asz outta here.

echo3oscar1833
01-24-09, 03:34 PM
how the sh!t did you enter into service in 2009 and be a PFC???!

if you fvcked up fix it otherwise get your faker asz outta here.

I just looked at his profile it says he graduated this month as well, but also entered the Marine Corps in 2009. Thats a little odd if I do say so myself. They must have shortened Boot Camp to a month rofl!! Kill!!:D

benw2200
01-24-09, 04:22 PM
No faker here. I started boot camp 20 Oct 2008 and graduated 16 Jan 2009. I was a contract PFC. Accept my apoligies. I'll fix the profile.

Old Marine
01-24-09, 05:11 PM
I suggest that during you free time that you stop by a military hospital if you have one nearby. When I was stationed in Diego I used to go to the Naval Hospital during the Vietnam war and one day I asked a Corpsman if all the guys on this particular ward were in Vietnam. He told me to go and ask them and 90% were in there because of bike accidents. Nuff said.

CH53MetalMan
01-24-09, 05:39 PM
What is the difference between a Harley motorcycle and a Hoover vacuum?

Ans. The Dirt Bag.

Ninja 650 rider here. Arai helmet, great visability & comfort. MSF safety course is a must. Always wear full gear, they call it armor, I know it isn't much but a good jacket, gloves and boots are way better than nothing when you go down.

Learn to be quick with your front brake. At the first anticipation of trouble ahead, pull in the clutch and at the same time start cutting back some speed with your front brake. You can let go of the front brake after aggressively chopping off some speed, but don't do that with the back brake or you'll risk a high side crash.

And I'm not talking about 'stoppie' braking with the front brake. Learn to have a very intimate relationship with your front brake. And just as important, remember to look where you want to go. Don't look at the trouble, or you'll take the bike into it.

Never brake while in a turn! Unless you WANT to low side the bike.

echo3oscar1833
01-25-09, 12:21 AM
What is the difference between a Harley motorcycle and a Hoover vacuum?

Ans. The Dirt Bag.

Ninja 650 rider here. Arai helmet, great visability & comfort. MSF safety course is a must. Always wear full gear, they call it armor, I know it isn't much but a good jacket, gloves and boots are way better than nothing when you go down.

Learn to be quick with your front brake. At the first anticipation of trouble ahead, pull in the clutch and at the same time start cutting back some speed with your front brake. You can let go of the front brake after aggressively chopping off some speed, but don't do that with the back brake or you'll risk a high side crash.

And I'm not talking about 'stoppie' braking with the front brake. Learn to have a very intimate relationship with your front brake. And just as important, remember to look where you want to go. Don't look at the trouble, or you'll take the bike into it.

Never brake while in a turn! Unless you WANT to low side the bike.

thanks great advice brother :) :D

Petz
01-26-09, 01:52 AM
that's basic riders course info.... If you didn't know that, then you should go take some courses before you buy yourself a bike... maybe get a super cheap bike that you have to kick start and that way you can lay it down a few times without spending 3,000 to fix it.

Mindgame
01-26-09, 02:31 AM
These young marines now are into rice burner cars and rockets(they are afriad of v8 muscle) and think they look cool in a srt-4 neon for whatever reason or a rocket. Most have never thrown a leg over a bike and go buy themselves a 636 ninja(take my wifes idiot air winger brother) because its cool. The Corp should make any rider take an approved motorcycle safety course and limit the riders on base to E-4 and above, just my 2 cents

The Corps does require every Marine to take the MSF course. I think it is a great idea. There are alot of things I had to learn on my own, because I didn't take that course. I am still going to take it when the weather comes around. I am definetly very happy that I didn't get a bike when I was 18. I was a complete idiot when it came to driving a car. Don't get me wrong, I still have my fun on a bike, but I know where, and when I can and can't do it. You will never see me messing around in a high traffic, or city street area.

As for the rest of the statement. I couldn't dissagree with you more Cpl. Im 23, and I think it would royally suck for someone like me to not be allowed to ride because I need the rank.

As for the bike itself. I can't speak for everyone, but Yes. I enjoy riding something that looks nice. If Im paying for a toy. I wan't it to look nice, and run good. However I'm not going to go out and buy a 09gxr because everyone else is. Id rather buy me an 03, 04 cbr600rr, or a 05 636, because I like there look better, and there reasonably priced.

Cars... I choose the forced Induction 4cylinder over the good ol American muscle any day. :D I know who would come out on top, but I just enjoy building my DSM

KawiGunny
01-26-09, 07:39 AM
As mentioned already, the Corps does require that you take the basic MSF course prior to buying a bike ot an ATV. <br />
<br />
As far as limiting who rides on base to E-4 and above..... that just means that...

Petz
01-26-09, 11:39 AM
we do as Staff NCOs need to reach out to the junior ranks and get them involved in group bike rides... the Corps has authorized those... I think it's a great program, where you can set up a 100 mile ride during the week and just go ride and enjoy the bike.

a lot of these kids want to feel that adreniline rush they felt in combat, so they go 160 on the express way... fall, and their toothpick spines snap..... if you aren't wearing the full body suit with the spine protection they have in racing, you WILL die at anything over 80 MPH... it may not be immediate, so you may get a free ride in an ambulance! sounds like fun right?

KawiGunny
01-26-09, 11:57 AM
we do as Staff NCOs need to reach out to the junior ranks and get them involved in group bike rides... the Corps has authorized those... I think it's a great program, where you can set up a 100 mile ride during the week and just go ride and enjoy the bike.

a lot of these kids want to feel that adreniline rush they felt in combat, so they go 160 on the express way... fall, and their toothpick spines snap..... if you aren't wearing the full body suit with the spine protection they have in racing, you WILL die at anything over 80 MPH... it may not be immediate, so you may get a free ride in an ambulance! sounds like fun right?

I don't remember if it is 2 MEF or 2nd MarDiv that set up a motorcycle club and HIGHLY encouraged the Marines to participate. And if I am not mistaken, 2nd MarDiv also had the Battalions and independent Battalions set up riding clubs also. They were to get together and have safety classes and do group rides. I believe their rides were supposed to be once a month and on a weekday. Since it wasn't mandatory, a lot of people didn't want to get invovled since they stressed safety so hard. Safety checks on all bikes prior to riding and at the end of the ride. A lot of seasoned riders that take good care of their bikes and PM them on a regular basis didn't like being told what to do to their bikes. So they just didn't join. I didn't. Theseclubs had great intentions for the new riders but seemed to "insult" the seasoned riders. At least I thought it did.

I went down at just over 100 once and here I am. I have known people that went down doing less than 50 and not survive. It doesn't matter how much gear you wear. If it's your time....... it's your time. I do ride with my gear on and I highly encourage everyone to do the same. You don't have to spend big bucks and get the name brand just to get good protection. Just research the gear you are interested in and ask around also. Join a forum that deals with the specific type of bike that you ride or want to ride and ask those people for their opinion. Someone there has the same gear you are looking at and can give you some good feedback on it even if it's negative.

Petz
01-26-09, 12:05 PM
well, I stand corrected on the speed thing. I was given that info from safety people... civilians at a bike shop.... I wasn't trying to buy anything so I don't think they were trying to sell me anything.

KawiGunny
01-26-09, 12:13 PM
well, I stand corrected on the speed thing. I was given that info from safety people... civilians at a bike shop.... I wasn't trying to buy anything so I don't think they were trying to sell me anything.

Those thugs at the stealership will tell you something so you case pass it on in hopes that their buisness will pick up. I hate going to them. I try to do all my mech work myself and buy from somewhere other than a stealership. Some of the best work I ever had done on my bike was from a small motorcycle shop. The mech that owned the place used to work for a dealer and didn't like their practices. He opened his own buisness and gives it to you like it is. No BS and great rates.

Someone out there always has a statistic they came up with and want to pass it around. It's all good. I just get 3 or 4 and average them out. Close enough for government work.

Petz
01-26-09, 12:14 PM
I feel like a tool....

KawiGunny
01-26-09, 12:23 PM
I feel like a tool....

No need. They try to pump me up whenever I go to look at new bikes. Thats the only time I go to these places anymore. I went last week to look at the Kaw Ninja 1400 and they tried to fill me full of crap thinking I had no clue about the bike. Once I told them I currently have the ZZR1200 (Predecessor to the Ninja 1400) and belonged to a website that deals with these bikes they changed their tone. I played dumb with them for a while though just for entertainment.

KawiGunny
01-26-09, 12:24 PM
I feel like a tool....

Oh..... and you are a tool.

To help train our new young devildogs to take your place one day.

Semper Fi

DocGreek
01-26-09, 12:28 PM
HAD to sell my 1999 Sportster, 883, my reaction time has taken a big dump!! Owned several bikes, in my old fart lifetime.....parents lived in Ft. Myers, Fl., I was stationed at the Naval Hosp. in Key West, 66, 67, and part of 68. Owned a Triumph Bonneville....brand new....drove from K.W., to F.M., and back, at least 100 times!! Worst times, were during the typical Florida rainstorms....HAD to pull over, use a Marine poncho, and waited out the storm. AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!! THE GOOD OLD DAYS!!!!....P.S. I was one of the ambulance drivers.....and an E.R. "Tech"!!......SEMPER FI......Doc Greek

Petz
01-26-09, 12:28 PM
NIIIICE.... hahah... I'm all motivated a sh!t now gunny. thanks!