PDA

View Full Version : Boot Camp..wtf??

usmc0331
01-21-09, 04:34 PM
so this young pfc comes into work today and we get to talking. He stated they are adding another battalion to PI for the males

IE making 1st-4th bn males (5th bn being the DI's) and 6 BN being female?

Has anyone heard of this? It doesnt sound right to me but who freaking knows.

2nd thing is he stated his platoon graduated with over 115 recruits? WTF, he says the platoons are alot larger now due to the volume of recruits going through--any new marines on here that can confirm?

Shoot, we started with 78 and graduated with like 49!

davblay
01-21-09, 05:01 PM
Isrowi up!

I do know that they re-activated Quebec company (3rdBN), maybe the LT can enlighten you on this question.

BR34
01-21-09, 07:39 PM
They told us when I went through, 2 years ago that they would be adding another battalion. Hasn't happened yet. Maybe a recruit rumor...maybe a slow process.

Bastion
01-21-09, 08:25 PM
"You called for a Boot? This is Boot, reporting as Ordered..."

Yeah, I Graduated August 15, 2008, and that wasn't even a slight breeze in a recruits mouth. I sincerely doubt that sort of thing is going to go on...sounds like a 1st battalion rumor, they love to talk themselves to death. Lack of discipline. (Cough Second Battalion=Best Battalion, Cough)

Also, I started with 99 recruits and ended with sixty nine or so. Also Also, there are no stress cards/recruits still go through hell at the crucible/in genera/the training schedule is still 12/13 weeks or so.

Whitey
01-22-09, 03:51 AM
"You called for a Boot? This is Boot, reporting as Ordered..."

Yeah, I Graduated August 15, 2008, and that wasn't even a slight breeze in a recruits mouth. I sincerely doubt that sort of thing is going to go on...sounds like a 1st battalion rumor, they love to talk themselves to death. Lack of discipline. (Cough Second Battalion=Best Battalion, Cough)

Also, I started with 99 recruits and ended with sixty nine or so. Also Also, there are no stress cards/recruits still go through hell at the crucible/in genera/the training schedule is still 12/13 weeks or so.

lack of discipline like filling out your profile? ?

usmc0331
01-22-09, 09:33 AM
lol the lance cpl throwin down the law.........:flag:

Bastion
01-22-09, 08:22 PM
lack of discipline like filling out your profile? ?

*Snaps to parade rest*

"AYE AYE, LANCE CORPORAL OF MARINES"

*Goes to fill out his Profile, the parts he cares to share*

JimEnglish
01-22-09, 10:38 PM
so this young pfc comes into work today and we get to talking. He stated they are adding another battalion to PI for the males

IE making 1st-4th bn males (5th bn being the DI's) and 6 BN being female?

Has anyone heard of this? It doesnt sound right to me but who freaking knows.

2nd thing is he stated his platoon graduated with over 115 recruits? WTF, he says the platoons are alot larger now due to the volume of recruits going through--any new marines on here that can confirm?

Shoot, we started with 78 and graduated with like 49!

I arrived in MCRD San Diego on 30 Oct 76. The Vietnam era G.I. Bill was scheduled to expire at the end of the year. My platoon had about 50, but right before the end of the year there were some new platoons that easily had over 100 recruits. Shortly after New Year, there were some that barely had 30. Everyone wanted to get in on the educational benefits before they expired.

tripledog
01-23-09, 06:56 PM
Geez, and to think I had to wait from oct to Feb to get enough fools to join to make 34 in our platoon. Then 16 weeks. I think they put the bullseye on me.

Achped
01-24-09, 09:03 AM
*Snaps to parade rest*

"AYE AYE, LANCE CORPORAL OF MARINES"

*Goes to fill out his Profile, the parts he cares to share*

Stop being an idiot.

Seyborg
01-24-09, 12:26 PM
^^

LOL

Yes, we sound off. Yes, we still run til we puke. (Least I did, chow before PT WTF). I started with 108 ended with 58.

More people are being pushed through sure. I think that PFC is REALLY exaggerating.

W/e.

LCpl of the Marines? You're gonna get hazed or you HAVE been.

Seyborg