PDA

View Full Version : Prior Service reenlistment

Colleen23
01-21-09, 12:17 PM
Hi, if possible I am in need of some re-enlistment information on behalf of my husband. He is a former Marine who served 4 years active duty from 1994-1998 followed by 4 years of inactive duty. He has been out a little over 9 years now and would like to re-enlist. He has emailed and left a message for a prior service recruiter a few days ago but has not heard anything back yet. I was hoping perhaps in the meantime someone here may be able to shed some light.

His MOS was 0311 and 8152. His re-enlistment code is 1A. He will be 33 in October and will probably need 3-4 months of conditioning to get back into Marine weight/strength standards.

Is it even possible to go back active duty after being out so long? Will he or should he go into the Reserves first? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I apologize ahead of time if my thread is not in the right catagory.

Thanks,
Colleen

thewookie
01-21-09, 12:40 PM
I'm confused. Your husband is a member of this site; so, why then are you asking this question. Looks to me like he referred you? Are you making it easier on him, does he use his nose to type? Any help would be great, thanks.:confused:

thedrifter
01-21-09, 12:45 PM
I'm confused. Your husband is a member of this site; so, why then are you asking this question. Looks to me like he referred you? Are you making it easier on him, does he use his nose to type? Any help would be great, thanks.:confused:

I felt the same way.....;)

Ellie

Colleen23
01-21-09, 01:04 PM
Sorry, I didnt make it clear in my post. Yes, he is a member of this site, I was simply helping him as his current work hours allow him very little time to get online. He actually wasnt even aware that I created a profile for myself and started this thread.

thewookie
01-21-09, 03:59 PM
Right, thanks. Sorry, I can't help you. Good Luck

richerich
01-21-09, 04:11 PM
Ma'am, I don't know if this helps, but call another PS Recruiter.

Prior Service Recruiting
1-800-627-4637
http://www.marforres.usmc.mil/stay/Default.asp
PRIOR SERVICE RECRUITER DIRECTORY
http://www.mfr.usmc.mil/DEV/Stay/psr.asp