PDA

View Full Version : FNG to the board

fallfast90
01-20-09, 10:42 PM
I have been looking for a Marine Forum and i have come across this one. My name is joe, and i was in the Marines from 02-06. I got outta the Marines as a Cpl in the 5811 field (MP). I was stationed in Oki (cp hansen) and Quantico VA. I got married in my last year of active duty, and i now i have 3 kids and a crazy dog. I became cop in AL and almost got reactivate when i finished the academy. I look forward to talking to all you guys! ! !

saltyone
01-20-09, 10:46 PM
I have been looking for a Marine Forum and i have come across this one. My name is joe, and i was in the Marines from 02-06. I got outta the Marines as a Cpl in the 5811 field (MP). I was stationed in Oki (cp hansen) and Quantico VA. I got married in my last year of active duty, and i now i have 3 kids and a crazy dog. I became cop in AL and almost got reactivate when i finished the academy. I look forward to talking to all you guys! ! !

Welcome...from another relatively new guy. One word of advice though...watch out for the one they refer to as "Doc". He's got a short fuse.

LOL...just kidding Doc...please don't hurt me. ;)

fallfast90
01-20-09, 10:50 PM
appreciate the welcome.

saltyone
01-20-09, 11:38 PM
appreciate the welcome.

Almost forgot...Update your profile.

thedrifter
01-21-09, 06:01 AM
Welcome Aboard!

Ellie

nptwildcat
01-21-09, 07:11 AM
Welcome Marine

nvusmcsgt
01-21-09, 11:21 AM
Welcome and Semper Fi

kRut
01-21-09, 11:28 AM
Ha-ha!

SGT7477
01-21-09, 11:41 AM
Welcome aboard Marine.

kRut
01-21-09, 11:49 AM
7477..got your e-mail. I was on here long time ago back in 03-05. Went over seas and forgot all my stuff. So Here I go again. Thanks for the welcome.

GREENMARINE
01-22-09, 10:30 AM
WELCOME JOE.... i was with 3rd bn. 4th marines at camp hansen in 78'/79'......got so sick one night, outside the shangrila in kinville...... i was just just wondering if they ever got the street unblocked.... from that massive pile of yaki soba and mojo that i left behind. SEMPER FI BROTHER

kRut
01-22-09, 10:52 AM
Okie.
I was stationed at Schwab at Dickey Barracks (Torn down now) 1986 and Courtney 1991. I left that miserable pile of rocks and thought I'd never go back. My civilian job contracts to the government, I brief and de-brief at Hansen before I go over to the PI to do stuff.

I had a few days to kill and it was funnyit was 16 years almost to the day that I drove onto Courtney and the damned place was like a time capsule, nothing had changed. The picinic bench next to the building I lived in still had the same paint smear I had carved my initials in..which were still there.

Hansen got a big as PX and food court that used to be a motor pool area. otherwise it was still pretty much the same place. The street is still blocked off and if you don't hit the gate in your vehicle before 1600, you might as well set at the gas station or go back to the food court.

The Kobe Stake house near Courtney Towers on the ville side of the fence was still there as was the same damned chef-cook. I had my friends sit at the same table I always sat at with my old Marine buddies...talk a bout a mind blower. Naha Airport changed a lot...Kadena was the same...

Jarhed87
01-22-09, 02:33 PM
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h191/curion123/h317/rebeccabdream/09.gif

Twitchell
01-22-09, 02:35 PM
Welcome Corporal!

Quinbo
01-22-09, 05:32 PM
Hey top was that taco joint still there across the road from the front gate at Courtney? Standing gate guard could wave to the guy and he would trot across the road and take your order. Best tacos on Oki. Semper Fi

kRut
01-23-09, 06:35 AM
Yes "Taco Delight" since I had civies with me the last time I was there, I don't think they had the munchies for that kind of food. I was there in July of last year and I'll be goin over in Feb this year.

What is a real kicker, this time I'll fly into Manila from Okie and then take a bus up to Subic to work with the FILMAR's. I don't know if we will go into Olongapo, but I'm curious as hell as to how it looks these days after the volcano and the US splitting back in 95.

I can remember ordering the beef burrito that was about 9 inches long and about 4 inches in diamiter...for some reason that beef tasted so good..and they delivered to your room..that was the cool part about it.

I lived in the last 4 storied building as you went over the hill and the Staff NCO billits and that huge ass field was down there..you made a turn to the left to go to Tengan castle restaurant..good chow there also.

Quinbo
01-23-09, 07:05 AM
After having done two pumps already going everywhere with a radio on my back I asked the 1st Sgt for a FAP next deployment. There are some awesome FAPs handing out towels at the gym, life guard on the beach, what did I get... camp guard on Courtney wa hoo. 6 freakin months on guard duty. Anyway courtney aint all that bad and has a nice beach. We stayed in the barracks directly down the hill from the gate and right above the new chow hall. It wasn't all bad. Still have a birthday card from my long time friend Ernest Bitah. He hand made it and then the whole section handed me a half gallon of Jim Beam wrapped in camo duct tape.