PDA

View Full Version : Future Marine needs a little help.

Dilion
01-20-09, 09:20 PM
I am 15 going on 16 and decided that the marines is what i want to do for my life. Now i have done allot of research but i still have a few questions:

1. I am about 6 feet and 251 pounds. I know i have a little extra weight and i was wondering if this is still acceptable or do i need to start loosing weight before i join?

2. I see and find a whole lot of information about how the marines will help pay for your school but that's not what i want. See the reason i am joining the marines is because i cant do school. So i am joining for a full career. So i was wondering if there is a big difference than joining for a full lifetime career or a 4 year enlistment.

3. I have herd good and bad things about the recruiter and the signing up process. Now i was wondering what its going to be like talking to him? How do i pick my job or profession? How do i pick my location? Any tips to successfully getting the job and location i want? And if some recruiters do lie is there anyway to tell if they are?

4. After i go through the recruiter and finally sign up, what happens next? Do i go straight to boot camp and when (1 day, 1 week)? And then what happens after boot camp? Do i get stationed?

Thanks and any other positive feedback/tips are appreciated.

yellowwing
01-20-09, 09:33 PM
First take a look through the Poolee Hall section (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9) of this site. It has most of the information you are asking about. Pay attention to all of the Sticky Posts, particularly the Poolee Rules (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048://).

biesseb
01-20-09, 10:16 PM
Future Marine?? Pffft! Kid's are getting cocky these days.

By the way, you don't really know if your joining for a full career or not, if your like most boots you'll want out right around the first year.

PaidinBlood
01-20-09, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the interest in our Corps:thumbup:, but you ought to start learning to do things our way. Search the Poolee Hall thoroughly and then ask specific questions from there.

SGT7477
01-20-09, 10:37 PM
Another thing Marines needs to be capitalized.

Dilion
01-21-09, 03:45 PM
Sorry about not capitalizing Marines i understand how disrespectful that could be. I tried to fix it but there is no "edit" button.

SGT7477
01-21-09, 06:09 PM
Sorry about not capitalizing Marines i understand how disrespectful that could be. I tried to fix it but there is no "edit" button.

You will know better next time, Carry On.:flag: