PDA

View Full Version : question about pinning of strips

Marine1955
01-20-09, 12:08 PM
I just want to know if they still pin your strips on like they did back when i was in. god those lines you walk thru as they pin them on you. god forbid you made clp. then the blood stripes were added. guest you could say you did earn them then Semper FI

:yes::yes::yes:

Chumley
01-20-09, 12:16 PM

I'm guessing that you will receive an answer that resembles "hazing is not tolerated....". That was the policy when I was in too, however............
SFi
C

BR34
01-20-09, 02:46 PM
Nah, it's not allowed anymore. Hell, I've seen Marines get a ass chewing for giving a friendly pound to the collar where newly placed chevrons reside.

dhenderson88
01-20-09, 04:49 PM
Here at Fort Meade they still line up and everyone gives you a good punch.

Twitchell
01-20-09, 07:07 PM
I'm guessing that you will receive an answer that resembles "hazing is not tolerated....". That was the policy when I was in too, however............

I hear that....

outlaw3179
01-20-09, 07:12 PM
2000 when i was promoted to Cpl. I got the sh*t kicked out me.

Marine1955
01-20-09, 07:33 PM
darn they took all the pride in getting promoted away whats next baby sitting. just sh*tting ya i'm glad,there where times guys couldn't walk are move there arms from all the punches that some would get. and if you had a heavy handed s.o.b. you could kiss it good by. thanks for the imfo guys Semper Fi

SGT7477
01-20-09, 08:19 PM
darn they took all the pride in getting promoted away whats next baby sitting. just sh*tting ya i'm glad,there where times guys couldn't walk are move there arms from all the punches that some would get. and if you had a heavy handed s.o.b. you could kiss it good by. thanks for the imfo guys Semper Fi

Our time wasn't easy Marine, I can still feel the pain.:evilgrin:

Marine1955
01-20-09, 08:33 PM
Our time wasn't easy Marine, I can still feel the pain.:evilgrin:
at least you remember the fun we had..LOL

SGT7477
01-20-09, 10:28 PM
at least you remember the fun we had..LOL

Never forget,lol.:D

nptwildcat
01-21-09, 07:16 AM
My son got his pinned the right way. Then he came home and ole dad pinned them on real good!:cool::flag:

fallfast90
01-21-09, 08:19 AM
When i got pinned i had hurt my shoulder in a football game with the platoon earlier. Sooooo, i just received a whole lotta dead legs!!!!!

KawiGunny
01-21-09, 08:30 AM
When I pinned on Gunny, my Battalion Commander did it. Me and him go back many years. I was a young hard d!ck LCpl and he came to us in 3/6 a brand new butter bar. Throughout the years, our paths crossed several times. My last victor unit was 3/6. First and last as far as that goes. That ole butter bar was now my BC. He asked if I wanted a formation or something simple in the conference room. I'm not big on formations for my accomplishments so we did it in the conference room. My wife and a couple of my friends was there along with the other SNCO's and Officers of the unit. The BC and my wife had already worked things out. They both stuck the chevrons through my collar and they both just grinned at the same time as they nail them to my collar bones. Then they put the backing on them. I think that was one of the best pains I have ever felt. Next to the pinning of my blood strips.

richerich
01-21-09, 10:35 AM
Do you mean Chicken Strips?

Marine1955
01-21-09, 10:47 AM

guess you weren't even thought of when we were getting our strips

when we got ours you had to walk threw a line of your senors pfc's and upper ranks and they would knock the sh*t out you as you walk down the line and god help you if you tried top run.. if you were a pfc to l/cpl. you only got hit in the arms cpl.up you got hit in the arm and thigh so you tell me or they chicken strip son

KawiGunny
01-21-09, 10:52 AM
guess you weren't even thought of when we were getting our strips

when we got ours you had to walk threw a line of your senors pfc's and upper ranks and they would knock the sh*t out you as you walk down the line and god help you if you tried top run.. if you were a pfc to l/cpl. you only got hit in the arms cpl.up you got hit in the arm and thigh so you tell me or they chicken strip son

Thanks but let him talk his trash if he wants. A Cpl and did 8 yrs. I wouldn't expect anything more.

Marine1955
01-21-09, 11:06 AM
Thanks but let him talk his trash if he wants. A Cpl and did 8 yrs. I wouldn't expect anything more.

SEMPER FI GUNNY

SGT7477
01-21-09, 11:37 AM

You have never been pinned,lol.:D

richerich
01-21-09, 11:40 AM
Ouch Gunny.

KawiGunny
01-21-09, 12:08 PM
Ouch Gunny.

Well killer if I was that worried about my spelling I would have used spell check or the dictionary. You could have pointed it out that I misspelled a word rather than making fun of it. And for you to call them "chicken strips", lets just say its a good thing we weren't in the same room at that very moment. Semper Fi

cw2533
01-22-09, 01:34 PM
Marine1955 don't let him get to you. These young ones don't know what it was like but I sure would have liked to have had him in my plt.

Eric Hood
01-23-09, 02:50 PM
I got out over twenty years ago. It was done and everyone knew about it. My top pinned on mine. It's a good tradition. We are, after all , Marines.
Semper Fi,
Eric