PDA

View Full Version : Yes another recon question

Poolee Quinn
01-20-09, 12:36 AM
A few days ago I went in to change my future MOS from Combat Engineer to infantry, but my recruiter said that there might be a reconnaissance slot open. So I said if it was open I would take it(right now he is checking if the spot is still open). I am sure this question has been answered before but i cant seem to find it. So here it is; what is the difference between recon and force recon. Aren't they both 0321?

I would appreciate it if any of you marines could answer this or give me the link to where it is answered on here.

Enigmatic
01-20-09, 12:45 AM
A few days ago I went in to change my future MOS from Combat Engineer to infantry, but my recruiter said that there might be a reconnaissance slot open. So I said if it was open I would take it(right now he is checking if the spot is still open). I am sure this question has been answered before but i cant seem to find it. So here it is; what is the difference between recon and force recon. Aren't they both 0321?

I would appreciate it if any of you marines could answer this or give me the link to where it is answered on here.

First of all Marine is always capitalized.

Secondly, I'm not going to get in your azz about posting another Recon thread because I'm in a good mood....but I'd advise you to go regular infantry first. Then after a deployment or two, if you and your higher-ups think you're sh*t-hot and you still wanna do it, then you should look into going 0321. Just my dos pesos.

PaidinBlood
01-20-09, 12:45 AM

Ok, Quinn. You didn't even need to search here for the difference between recon and force recon. That sh!t could be found about anywhere on the internet. more importantly that has nothing to do with you since they are not looking for YOU, I promise. Against my better judgment, here is what you were looking for. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marine_Corps_Force_Reconnaissance

Pretty fvcking elementary, huh? :evilgrin:

joecoul89
01-24-09, 12:15 AM
Just so you know, I knew 2 0321 contracts in boot camp. They both lost their MOS because they could not meet the qualifications in boot... its easy to lose, your better off going regular infantry.

PaidinBlood
01-24-09, 09:01 AM
Just so you know, I knew 2 0321 contracts in boot camp. They both lost their MOS because they could not meet the qualifications in boot... its easy to lose, your better off going regular infantry.

I don't think I like the way you say regular infantry, Marine.. :evilgrin:

joecoul89
01-25-09, 02:38 PM
Sorry Lance Corporal, by "regular infantry," I only meant, 03xx. Recon obviously takes a higher level of commitment and physical ability...What I was saying is that those 2 recruits lost their MOS because of the difficulties of the recon prerequisites such as expert rifle score, highest swim qual, and near 300 pft. I didn't mean any offense by it, sorry about that.

Enigmatic
01-25-09, 02:47 PM
I don't think I like the way you say regular infantry, Marine.. :evilgrin:

Get 'im, clown killer! :D

PaidinBlood
01-26-09, 07:55 PM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/IMPO/ET0003%7EKiller-Clown-Posters.jpg
Get 'im, clown killer! :D

buddy47
01-30-09, 07:15 PM
Recon units must have changed a lot since my time in! everybody had to have a primary mos first, 0321 was a secondary! and it was only by a unit commanders recommendation.

Zebra29er
01-31-09, 07:31 PM
Recon units must have changed a lot since my time in! everybody had to have a primary mos first, 0321 was a secondary! and it was only by a unit commanders recommendation.

Rodger That

Sgt Leprechaun
02-01-09, 02:01 AM
Buddy, that is correct.

And, poolee...go Infantry first, then try out for recon. If you don't meet the requirements for 0321, you'll go into the next MOS that needs bodies, and that could mean Cook, Admin, Supply, Field Radio Operator.....who knows.