PDA

View Full Version : Rant and question.

Drill for life
01-18-09, 08:10 PM
I have not posted in awhile but I am so mad. I was at work yesterday and was on break and my brotehr called me and asked me where I was(I was on break, I work at kroger) so I said"I am in the break room" so I hang up and three minutes later my brotehr and my dad walk in and ask me what I want to do when I get off. If you don't know I hat my dad with a passion but God told me to go with him so I said "I don't know a movie or something". So I got back to work and trust me I was dead tired(I had to bring in Carts four times, come on your are only supposed to do it once but "I had to help people me being the nice guy I am) so I got off at 6:30 P.M. said good-bye to my buddies at work. So I went to my dad's car and I fall asleep until we get home I go inside to change and I am like wow I ca't even move. So here I am dead tired and my dad comes into my room and says come on and I day No I can't I am so tired so he leaves. I go to sleep. I wake-up to go to church and I sign in at childresn church(I work the sound booth for the children) and my recruiter calls me and says I can't join the Marines, I just drop my phone. I pick it back up and ask why, he said my dad called and told him this" John has had Asthma since he was 6 and he has ADHD and ADD, to me he isn't fit to join The Marine Corps or any other branch of the military" I just get real sad now ans I tell him I ahve not had a Asthma attack since I was 10 and have not taken ADHD and ADD medication since I was in 8th grade. I do not know waht to do, I cannot find the regulations and I have not had the time to talk to my recruiter becasue I was working and because tomorrow is MLK day. What is going to happen, Gunnery Sergeant Voss can I still join the Marine Corps.

Wyoming
01-18-09, 08:30 PM
Hmm, I sure do wish your Recruiter had not been caught cold on this.

Truth be told, you got potential, you have desire, and all of that mess, but now, you gotta long road ahead of you.

Drill for life
01-18-09, 08:37 PM
THank you but my question is can I enlist in the Marine Corps.

Phantom Blooper
01-18-09, 08:57 PM
How old are you?:evilgrin:

Phantom Blooper
01-18-09, 09:02 PM
When you are eighteen you can apply for waivers without parental permission. You have to be medicine free for a year for the ADHD. You will have to have a PFT Pulmonary Function Test done at your expense to show that you are asthma free to MEPS.

There are no guarantees.....your dad did what he did...maybe prematurely but all this would of had to be disclosed anyway!:evilgrin:

Drill for life
01-18-09, 09:17 PM
I know I have not takenMeds for a year and my asthma is under control(I have 90% lung capacity). I am 17, I am enlisting as soon as possible(June 1st 2009). What kind of waivers could I apply for? My mom would gladly sign for the waivers. Just so you know my mom and dad are divorced and have for 8 years(He has no custody) so that means his signature isn't required for my enlistment.

Phantom Blooper
01-18-09, 09:31 PM
MEDICAL WAIVERS FOR ASTHMA AND ADD!:evilgrin:

Drill for life
01-18-09, 09:38 PM
Okay so I won't need one for my ADHD then. I know this is a dumb question but will my DI's knwo about me ahving ADD and ADHD? What about asthma, will they push me harder.

Phantom Blooper
01-19-09, 06:44 AM
YOU NEED A WAIVER FOR ASTHMA....ADD...AND ADHD!

You need a current PFT to show you breathing function.

You need to be medicine free for a year. You need doctors statements to say you are not being treated for any of the above.

If your mother is willing to sign you still need this documentation to DEP and the waivers must be approved by MEPS or BUMED.

There have been many in your situation....persistance is the key....and attitude.

You need to stay motivated....but also realize that this documentation would have come to light even if your dad did not call your recruiter.

As you have been told and hopefully learned on this site that HONESTY is the best policy when trying to enlist.:evilgrin:

Drill for life
01-19-09, 11:15 AM
Well I told me old recruer that Sgt. WAshington and he wrote it down and I asssumed my currect recruiter SSG Creed would know but it turned out he didn't. Thank you for you help and advice.

rvillac2
01-19-09, 11:28 AM
Cagle, you're turning into a drama queen.
I am skeptical that a recruiter called you on the Sunday of a 72 just to tell a 17yr old that he couldn't join the Corps as you described it.

You are just confirming to me, along with your other posts, that you're merely seeking attention.

Wyoming
01-19-09, 11:46 AM
Cagle, you're turning into a drama queen.
I am skeptical that a recruiter called you on the Sunday of a 72 just to tell a 17yr old that he couldn't join the Corps as you described it.

You are just confirming to me, along with your other posts, that you're merely seeking attention.

So I ain't the only one to think this way.

Had me worried for a bit.:scared:

NoRemorse
01-19-09, 11:48 AM
Well I told me old recruer that Sgt. WAshington and he wrote it down and I asssumed my currect recruiter SSG Creed would know but it turned out he didn't. Thank you for you help and advice.

SSG Creed? Is he an Army Recruiter? I've never heard of an SSG in the Marine Corps.

You've got the fresh scoop from the Marines on the board already. Get all your medical records squared away.

yellowwing
01-19-09, 11:50 AM
SSG Creed? Is he an Army Recruiter? I've never heard of an SSG in the Marine Corps.

You've got the fresh scoop from the Marines on the board already. Get all your medical records squared away.

Good ending!