PDA

View Full Version : Academics In BT

trancemasta
01-18-09, 03:51 PM
I've searched on this topic and found one thread, but for some reason I'm not allowed to view it I guess because my status is not Marine. But could some one tell me what kind of academics are taught in BT? I was told some of it is Marine Corps history and thing like that. But will they also be having academics such as English,math,science etc..?

Enigmatic
01-18-09, 03:56 PM
I've searched on this topic and found one thread, but for some reason I'm not allowed to view it I guess because my status is not Marine. But could some one tell me what kind of academics are taught in BT? I was told some of it is Marine Corps history and thing like that. But will they also be having academics such as English,math,science etc..?

What the hell is BT????? I think you got your services crossed....

PaidinBlood
01-18-09, 04:12 PM
HOLY SH!T. Are you talking about Boot Camp? How about majoring in pain with a concentration in bull$hit?

PaidinBlood
01-18-09, 04:13 PM
Seriously, though, it just depends on your SAT scores. These will decide which classes you will be allowed to take. Electives have very few pre-requisites, however..

Enigmatic
01-18-09, 04:15 PM
Yeah, make sure you sign up early for 20th Century Warfare, it tends to fill up quickly....and stay away from Creative Writing, I've heard the Proffesor is a meanie.....

trancemasta
01-18-09, 04:19 PM
What the hell is BT????? I think you got your services crossed....

Boot Camp;)

trancemasta
01-18-09, 04:21 PM
So basically it was a dumb question.

PaidinBlood
01-18-09, 04:22 PM
No such thing, man. It's all good.

Enigmatic
01-18-09, 04:23 PM
Boot Camp;)

OK I've had my fun....look, you're not going to have any traditional "English" or "Science" classes like you would at, say, a community college or a university.

That being said, you WILL have a lot of classes. But they will concentrate on what's important to us as Marines and what we need to know, such as our history, administering first aid, uniform regulations, proper civilian attire, how we should conduct ourselves out in town, things of that nature.

NoRemorse
01-18-09, 04:36 PM
Yeah, make sure you sign up early for 20th Century Warfare, it tends to fill up quickly....and stay away from Creative Writing, I've heard the Proffesor is a meanie.....

But he will teach him the proper way to use 'daggone' in a sentence.

Phantom Blooper
01-18-09, 04:40 PM
So basically it was a dumb question.

No such thing, man. It's all good.

I beg to differ....the old cliché about there is no dumb questions.....is archaic.

Just do a search in the www.leatherneck.com (http://www.leatherneck.com) Poolee Hall of Fame and Ask A Marine Forum and you can come up with hundreds upon thousands of dumbazz questions by poolees and wannabees.

But will they also be having academics such as English,math,science etc..?

Yes you will learn to shout properly and figure out your pay and allowances and you will learn the chemical nature of weapons....other than that everything else you should have learned in high school!:evilgrin: