PDA

View Full Version : Female Marine Recruits

WrkInPrgres21
01-18-09, 05:55 AM
i know in other branches during basic theres a lot of animosity(sp?) with the women in the barracks... Ive heard personal testimonies from other military branches of how the women are nasty to eachother and get in fights at night when no ones around... I hope thats not true of the marines with all i hear about the brotherhood and the bond between the men and women is that its strong and they always look out for eachother i hope that holds true as far as not having to worry that the woman next to me in basic will want to beat my butt for no apparent reason cause they have some kind of complex instead of working towards completing basic together as a team... any thoughts comments personal experiences??

on a side not... men get to shave their beards... do women get to do their legs... prob a dumb question (although we are required to bring pantyhose... can we actually have thigh highs i hate pantyhose) but my recruiter is a guy and admits to not knowing the details of what goes on with female details of the women marine recruites.... anyone with help on that would be greatly appreciated... im enlisting on 24feb2009 then doing delayed entry for roughly 3 months based off the date i get from meps when i go

O and final thought here recruiter said our tours are for 7 months and sometimes less depending on need unlike the army which is 18 months is that true or a line of crap... ive had part in dealing with recruiters with my fiance' he's in the army reserves and did not have a good experience at all...

SureShot12
01-18-09, 06:08 AM
In boot, you will be with recruits from around the Country, all with their own views and opinions on things.

With such a melting-pot of people, you're bound to dis-agree on things. There will be fights, so what.

I think that any good leader should be able to adapt and adjust in these situations and refrain from coming to blows(find another solution by being able to read the signs of whats really happening). However, if you swing on me, you brought whats coming on yourself.

I got in a 3 fights while at boot. 1 in recieving and 1 in MRP(the other we wont get into).

The recieving fight- I was backing up a single recruit that was catching crap from a small group. That "group" threw the first punch. I stepped in and helped him out

The MRP fight- Another recruit pushed me, I warned him. he pushed me again, I dropped him(man did I pay for that, phew).

Your ability to deal with/handle differences as well as being humble and expressing humility(basically keeping your mouth shut) will also determine what happens.

I wouldnt dwell on it. Your platoon will grow as TDs pass. I'm still friends with Marines I went to boot with, today. I met some of the most honorable men I have ever met, while I was in boot. Most butt-beatings dont happen to "no apparent reason".

Um, I'm not sure about shaving your legs, I sure hope they let you :) but you'd better practice doing it QUICKLY.

Dont over-think this. Its training. Many have gone through it before you and many will go through it after you. Just go there and take care of yourself and help who you can.

Marine84
01-18-09, 08:10 AM
Not one time in the whole 4 years I served did I EVER see WM's fight. That's one thing the Corps will teach you how to do - be tolerant of b!tches that probably feel the same about you that you do about them.

And, yes, you will get to shave your legs but, you won't be able to do it in the shower. There are deep sinks for that and you have to do it on your time (meaning the hour of free time that you get every night or on Sunday during your free time).

Also, use pantyhose - them knee highs would not only look funny but, be about damned tacky with that skirt on. Even when you do wear your trousers, wear pantyhose - you DO NOT want pantylines when in uniform.

PaidinBlood
01-18-09, 08:11 AM
Not one time in the whole 4 years I served did I EVER see WM's fight. That's one thing the Corps will teach you how to do - be tolerant of b!tches that probably feel the same about you that you do about them.

And, yes, you will get to shave your legs but, you won't be able to do it in the shower. There are deep sinks for that and you have to do it on your time (meaning the hour of free time that you get every night or on Sunday during your free time).

Also, use pantyhose - them knee highs would not only look funny but, be about damned tacky with that skirt on. Even when you do wear your trousers, wear pantyhose - you DO NOT want pantylines when in uniform.

maybe you don't.... :D

Achped
01-18-09, 08:15 AM
Amazing, no questions like, "How can I get faster/stronger?" no "Where can I get knowledge for boot camp?" no "I'm ready to do whatever it takes" just a bunch of can I shave my legs, I hate panty hose, can I wear high thighs? and are female Marines nasty...

What an outstanding thread.

Sometimes I feel like I'm losing hope in the poolees. Maybe I'm becoming an irritable salt dog like some of the other Marines on here. Maybe Iraq is getting to me. Maybe the lack of showers and shaving with ice water has gotten to me. I don't know what it is but if these are the crop of people that are joining the ranks of my Corps that are eventually going to replace me in a combat zone, just don't even bother.

I'll stay here and carry on the fight with my LCpls and PFCs that actually want to do **** beneficial for their country, that worry about whether or not their M2 is timed correctly and their NVGs have fresh batteries. Not the ones that worry about high thighs and panty hose and ****.

Marine84
01-18-09, 08:18 AM
I'm pretty sure you don't like lookin' at 'em.

Marine84
01-18-09, 08:20 AM
Matt, tell me how you really feel.

introspect
01-18-09, 08:22 AM
In boot, you will be with recruits from around the Country, all with their own views and opinions on things.

With such a melting-pot of people, you're bound to dis-agree on things. There will be fights, so what.

I think that any good leader should be able to adapt and adjust in these situations and refrain from coming to blows(find another solution by being able to read the signs of whats really happening). However, if you swing on me, you brought whats coming on yourself.

I got in a 3 fights while at boot. 1 in recieving and 1 in MRP(the other we wont get into).

The recieving fight- I was backing up a single recruit that was catching crap from a small group. That "group" threw the first punch. I stepped in and helped him out

The MRP fight- Another recruit pushed me, I warned him. he pushed me again, I dropped him(man did I pay for that, phew).

Your ability to deal with/handle differences as well as being humble and expressing humility(basically keeping your mouth shut) will also determine what happens.

I wouldnt dwell on it. Your platoon will grow as TDs pass. I'm still friends with Marines I went to boot with, today. I met some of the most honorable men I have ever met, while I was in boot. Most butt-beatings dont happen to "no apparent reason".

Um, I'm not sure about shaving your legs, I sure hope they let you :) but you'd better practice doing it QUICKLY.

Dont over-think this. Its training. Many have gone through it before you and many will go through it after you. Just go there and take care of yourself and help who you can.

Not that I plan on fighting or anything, but what are the punishments for getting in physical altercations in boot?

Marine84
01-18-09, 08:23 AM
I would assume it wouldn't be tolerated.

PaidinBlood
01-18-09, 08:25 AM
you can be NJP'd especially if you cause injury.

Achped
01-18-09, 08:30 AM
Matt, tell me how you really feel.

Come on Kim, everyone already yells at me for complaining too much lol. As if me *****ing about being in Iraq for almost every single holiday of the year to include my birthday while not being able to shower or get laid is something I shouldn't be *****ing about lol.

PaidinBlood
01-18-09, 08:32 AM
I hear you, man. Keep the watch for us. :iwo:

Isrowei
01-18-09, 08:33 AM
Not that I plan on fighting or anything, but what are the punishments for getting in physical altercations in boot?

That's why he went to boot and came back a "Marine friend" and not a "Marine".

Don't be stupid.

PaidinBlood
01-18-09, 08:45 AM

Don't be stupid.

Just went back and read that one. Somehow I missed it in all the other horsehockey... :sick:

If you don't have the self control to get through boot camp (with its intense level of supervision and micro-management without slugging it out, you have NO place in the Fleet. You will be lucky to make 2 years. I know MCRD is one huge melting pot of testosterone and frustration but Marines aren't just trigger pullers. If you can't think before shooting I'll see you on 60 min one day...

samfreed7
01-18-09, 12:11 PM
Sometimes I feel like I'm losing hope in the poolees. Maybe I'm becoming an irritable salt dog like some of the other Marines on here. Maybe Iraq is getting to me. Maybe the lack of showers and shaving with ice water has gotten to me. I don't know what it is but if these are the crop of people that are joining the ranks of my Corps that are eventually going to replace me in a combat zone, just don't even bother.

^^^ On that note of losing hope in poolees. It varies with person to person.. Just I dont judge Marines as a whole just because I have a bad experiance with one. Reading this, the first thought in my mind was wow, the girl had a question and she was looking for an answer. It wasnt like she was had posted a reply on someothere thread asking about a female question. There are plenty of other threads concerning run times and staying motivated..

WrkInPrgres21
01-18-09, 12:21 PM
Amazing, no questions like, "How can I get faster/stronger?" no "Where can I get knowledge for boot camp?" no "I'm ready to do whatever it takes" just a bunch of can I shave my legs, I hate panty hose, can I wear high thighs? and are female Marines nasty...

I'll stay here and carry on the fight with my LCpls and PFCs that actually want to do **** beneficial for their country, that worry about whether or not their M2 is timed correctly and their NVGs have fresh batteries. Not the ones that worry about high thighs and panty hose and ****.

I'll start with... im still a civy, dumb questions are part of my nature... im sure my drill instructor will fix that real quick... in the meantime:

I have asked those questions and thousands more from my recruiter as well as expressed to him and the others at the office as well as showed my initial dedication to the corps. They even invited me to be a guest poolee before signing so i can take advantage of the training and be prepared for the journey to come. I asked the dumb questions on here cause thats what they are dumb minute details that dont really matter whether or not i get an answer but really the only place where i can ask due to the major lack of female marines in my area.

and in response the specific "how can i get stronger/faster" my recruiter wasnt much help with that he just said run, do crunches, and pullups and ull be fine.... not much help if you could shed some light on that itd be greatly appreciated cause anyone can do that to become strong... but what does it take to become marine strong

sorry that my first thread was "flighty" it never meant to offend due to its lack of importantance i didnt get to read through all the stickys so i didnt want to ask what i feel is common questions that im sure ur all sick of answering when i could just read prior ones... i appreciate the fact that marines take the time out to give advise cause ill take all that i can get

SureShot12
01-18-09, 01:51 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Originally Posted by SureShot12 http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images_ln/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?p=436357#post436357)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images_ln/misc/images_ln/spacer.gif

Depends on the severity, I would assume. SDI told me that he could have the MPs come lock us up for fighting if he wanted(kind of a threat).

We were in MRP, so we couldnt really get 1/4decked, but we got a little physical punishment. The squad bay would never be as shinny as it was after we got done.

You've gotta pick your battles. Differences will always be there and there will always be a tough guy proclaiming his toughness to everyone. You've gotta be able to look past/through that and just take care of you. Coming to blows should be a worst(last) case decision when you feel youre threatened with bodily harm.

The circumstances surrounding the punch I threw were more in-depth then just a push and a punch, it had been going on longer then that. I wont go into it.

I'm by no means a "tough guy", but I wont let anyone walk all over me. I'm pretty confident that most misunderstandments can be remidied by other means, over fighting.

Every friend of mine that went to boot saw fights. Some understandable, others not.

I wouldnt recommend throwing punches because someone "disrespected" you.

If you dont bring it on yourself, then a fight should be easily avoided.

Don't be stupid.

Um, no its not.

BR34
01-18-09, 02:38 PM
There is NOTHING that ANY human-being has EVER done that I cannot do...

Can you pass a 10lb baby through your uterus? I'm just curious.

SGT7477
01-18-09, 03:53 PM
i know in other branches during basic theres a lot of animosity(sp?) with the women in the barracks... Ive heard personal testimonies from other military branches of how the women are nasty to eachother and get in fights at night when no ones around... I hope thats not true of the marines with all i hear about the brotherhood and the bond between the men and women is that its strong and they always look out for eachother i hope that holds true as far as not having to worry that the woman next to me in basic will want to beat my butt for no apparent reason cause they have some kind of complex instead of working towards completing basic together as a team... any thoughts comments personal experiences??

on a side not... men get to shave their beards... do women get to do their legs... prob a dumb question (although we are required to bring pantyhose... can we actually have thigh highs i hate pantyhose) but my recruiter is a guy and admits to not knowing the details of what goes on with female details of the women marine recruites.... anyone with help on that would be greatly appreciated... im enlisting on 24feb2009 then doing delayed entry for roughly 3 months based off the date i get from meps when i go

O and final thought here recruiter said our tours are for 7 months and sometimes less depending on need unlike the army which is 18 months is that true or a line of crap... ive had part in dealing with recruiters with my fiance' he's in the army reserves and did not have a good experience at all...

Marines is to be capitaized at all times, in our beloved Marine Corps it's boot camp, leave the basic training to the army trash.:evilgrin:

NoRemorse
01-18-09, 04:21 PM

^^^ On that note of losing hope in poolees. It varies with person to person.. Just I dont judge Marines as a whole just because I have a bad experiance with one. Reading this, the first thought in my mind was wow, the girl had a question and she was looking for an answer. It wasnt like she was had posted a reply on someothere thread asking about a female question. There are plenty of other threads concerning run times and staying motivated..

The corporal's post was another cry against the injustice of being alive during the ME generation. If you read the original posters questions then you'll know that she's asking about Marine Corps policy and using "other branches" as the yard stick.

She also "knows" that sort of trash happens in the other branches. The original poster can be excused if she's been dealing with hearsay and such; that explains her misconceptions about our beloved Marine Corps.

What climbs right up my ass is the level of nastiness shown by some of the poolees on this thread. Some of these responses are downright disrespectful and lack any military bearing that they should have started picking up in the DEP.

Also, poolees who have been to boot and are posting about trash that should be kept in-house is just stupid. Show some tact and leave most of the mystique of Boot at Boot. Boot is for those who qualify to step on the yellow footprints and Boot Camp experiences doled out by Marines is shared at their discretion.

commdog7
01-18-09, 06:05 PM
There were a few fights in my platoon. All the stress and frustation result in arguments which can lead to a fist fight among the recruits. I remember at least two fight which happened in boot, but there were other minor ones which happened on occassion as well (such as a recruit slamming another recruit up against the wall). It is not very common though, but it does happen. We were only allowed to shave our legs twice during boot, but most of the recruits only got to shave once because the platoon messed up the second time and shaving time was cancelled.

In the fleet, female Marines rarely fight each other. Most get along pretty well.

Achped
01-19-09, 08:43 AM
Haha, they get along real well Sgt...

WrkInPrgres21
01-19-09, 09:44 AM
Marines is to be capitaized at all times, in our beloved Marine Corps it's boot camp, leave the basic training to the army trash.:evilgrin:
Thanks see these things id like to know to avoid **** when i get there

Achped
01-19-09, 09:52 AM
Don't worry, you won't be writing much at boot unless you're taking notes or you're the scribe. You will write recruit way more than you will ever write Marine. At boot you don't even really rate to say the word Marine...

WrkInPrgres21
01-19-09, 05:32 PM
Are the boot camps shown on military channel even accurate or do they only show the nice fluffy stuff to peak interest, I assume that its more difficult and involves a lot more yelling than what they portray, but I have no idea thats why im asking. Is there anywhere to find videos on female Marine boot camp so I can see how that is I know what it sounds like for the male Drill Instructors to yell cause they show that all the time but I've yet to see any female Marine Drill Instructors.

PaidinBlood
01-19-09, 05:39 PM
Ok. I'm not trying to knock you guys because I was kind of the same way, but you all worry to much about "preparing" yourselves. Just go and do your best. Do you think any of these Marines could YouTube a bootcamp video in 1953? And I'll bet it was a different ballgame then. Just relax and prepare yourself for whatever comes your way...

WrkInPrgres21
01-19-09, 05:51 PM
I just ask to get the semantics out of the way so while im in training I can focus on the important things and not have the little nagging questions in the back of my mind. I just want to get the most of the training I'll be fortunate to receive while I'm there this summer

PaidinBlood
01-19-09, 05:59 PM
I just ask to get the semantics out of the way so while im in training I can focus on the important things and not have the little nagging questions in the back of my mind. I just want to get the most of the training I'll be fortunate to receive while I'm there this summer

semantics
1. the study of the meaning of words.
2. the study of linguistic development by examining and classifying changes in meaning. Also called semasiology, sematology, semology. — semanticist, n. — semantic, adj.

What do semantics have to do with this? I am not trying to give you a hard time (seriously) because it is a normal desire to know everything in advance. We clung desperately to our contraband Training Matrix.. :D as if by reading it we would do better. All I'm saying is hearing a female DI screaming will not make you a better recruit. Good luck with it, though, ok?

WrkInPrgres21
01-19-09, 06:08 PM
semantics
1. the study of the meaning of words.
2. the study of linguistic development by examining and classifying changes in meaning. Also called semasiology, sematology, semology. — semanticist, n. — semantic, adj.

What do semantics have to do with this? I am not trying to give you a hard time (seriously) because it is a normal desire to know everything in advance. We clung desperately to our contraband Training Matrix.. :D as if by reading it we would do better. All I'm saying is hearing a female DI screaming will not make you a better recruit. Good luck with it, though, ok?

semantics (used mainly in reference to the previous post where I was told that it's boot camp, not basic for the Marines). What's a Training Matrix, and yes I am newer than new to the military and I expect to get crap for it. I know hearing a female Drill Instructor scream won't make me a better recruit, I'm just too curious for my own good, but my Drill Instructor will fix that I'm sure lol.

PaidinBlood
01-19-09, 06:12 PM
Yup.

SGT7477
01-19-09, 06:24 PM
Ok. I'm not trying to knock you guys because I was kind of the same way, but you all worry to much about "preparing" yourselves. Just go and do your best. Do you think any of these Marines could YouTube a bootcamp video in 1953? And I'll bet it was a different ballgame then. Just relax and prepare yourself for whatever comes your way...

Well put Lance Cpl.:flag:

WrkInPrgres21
01-19-09, 06:53 PM
I got a real dumb question, alright so most of my questions have been dumb irregardless, what does gunny mean? I kept seeing it in some of the stickies.

BR34
01-19-09, 06:58 PM
Gunnery Sgt.
A rank.
Pay grade E-7.

WrkInPrgres21
01-19-09, 07:02 PM
Gunnery Sgt.
A rank.
Pay grade E-7.

thank you! :)

polizei
01-19-09, 07:12 PM
Keep in mind you shouldn't call a Gunnery Sgt. Gunny unless you know it's ok with them, ie. you ask them, at least that's what I've been told.

WrkInPrgres21
01-19-09, 07:19 PM
Keep in mind you shouldn't call a Gunnery Sgt. Gunny unless you know it's ok with them, ie. you ask them, at least that's what I've been told.

Will do! Thanks for all the great advice

BR34
01-19-09, 07:21 PM
"Excuse me Gunnery Sgt, can I call you Gunny?"

Should be an interesting conversation. Can you record it for me please?

Oh, btw don't call CWOs "Gunner" either.

WrkInPrgres21
01-19-09, 07:29 PM
Haha I bet it would, I'm sure if a Gunnery Sgt wanted recruits to refer to them as anything but their title they'd tell us, otherwise its Gunnery Sgt to me. Or rather should it be Ma'am Gunnery Sgt Ma'am? I don't know the protocal for addressing rank, besides in boot camp not to speak unless spoken to, if that's even accurate.

BR34
01-19-09, 07:31 PM
Oh no, no, no...in boot camp everyone is "sir" or "ma'am", even the civvies in the chow hall.

WrkInPrgres21
01-19-09, 07:47 PM
Oh no, no, no...in boot camp everyone is "sir" or "ma'am", even the civvies in the chow hall.

Oh, so you don't have to throw title in everytime you speak with someone? Sir/Ma'am is fine for all instances?

Petz
01-19-09, 08:09 PM

hahhahahahahahahahahhahhahahahhahaha..... wooow.... can somebody top this?

Petz
01-19-09, 08:10 PM

learn as you go, don't give advice you haven't fielded killer wannabe..... it'll only get OTHERS killed.

SGT7477
01-19-09, 09:42 PM
I got a real dumb question, alright so most of my questions have been dumb irregardless, what does gunny mean? I kept seeing it in some of the stickies.

Haven't you looked at our rank structures, Gunny is short for GySgt?:flag:

Enigmatic
01-19-09, 10:11 PM
Oh, so you don't have to throw title in everytime you speak with someone? Sir/Ma'am is fine for all instances?

I cannot think of another poolee or Marine friend who chose a more appropriate handle for themselves....but I got faith in you.....;)

C BAKER
01-19-09, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by SureShot12 http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images_ln/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?p=436465#post436465)
There is NOTHING that ANY human-being has EVER done that I cannot do..

Hahahaha! That made me spit out my Mt.Dew!

CBRN5711Tech
01-19-09, 10:49 PM

Irregardless isn't a word. I just thought I'd point that out.

PaidinBlood
01-19-09, 11:49 PM
No it isn't, but I'm going to go with Gonzo's evaluation of this young lady. Couldn't have picked a better name but I think she'll do fine. I mean she fvcks up here and there but she doesn't get all butt-hurt when someone corrects her. Those were the most successful Marines that I can remember. You'll go far, Beth, just keep studying and remember who you are. :thumbup:

I might have missed this, but what's your status with a contract?

Petz
01-20-09, 11:52 AM
let's just leave it alone... I've seen maybe one female posting in this thread... how many of you "men" have gone through female recruit training??? none of you could even serve any role in it except MAYBE at the Bn level administrative roles.... but I doubt there are many males.

WrkInPrgres21
01-20-09, 12:55 PM
Irregardless isn't a word. I just thought I'd point that out.

dictionary.com <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>irregardless</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>
adverb</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>regardless; a combination of irrespective and regardless sometimes used humorously </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

With all due respect, not trying to be a bunghole but it is.

WrkInPrgres21
01-20-09, 12:58 PM
No it isn't, but I'm going to go with Gonzo's evaluation of this young lady. Couldn't have picked a better name but I think she'll do fine. I mean she fvcks up here and there but she doesn't get all butt-hurt when someone corrects her. Those were the most successful Marines that I can remember. You'll go far, Beth, just keep studying and remember who you are. :thumbup:

I might have missed this, but what's your status with a contract?

eleven lbs over the max for recruits cause honestly i got big knockers cant help it so i gotta drop that and then sign so i gave myself til feb 24th to lose that in the meantime im a guest poolee with my recruit office -- and thanks a lot for the support I didnt claim to know anything going into this thats why I ask a lot of questions I work hard i keep my head down and I'm determined, its slow going but I'll get there and thats all that matters. Afterall if being a Marine was easy, anyone could do it.

***Butt-hurt hahahaha

WrkInPrgres21
01-20-09, 01:02 PM
I cannot think of another poolee or Marine friend who chose a more appropriate handle for themselves....but I got faith in you.....;)

I picked the name because it is completely accurate I don't claim to know anything about the service and I'm here to work hard to make the most out of my life and hopefully become one of the few and the proud! :marine:
Thanks for the support any helpful advice would be much appreciated!

WrkInPrgres21
01-20-09, 01:05 PM
Haven't you looked at our rank structures, Gunny is short for GySgt?:flag:

Haven't gotten that far yet, admittedly I have a lot to learn.

KawiGunny
01-20-09, 01:15 PM

You still in country? What unit and MOS?

KawiGunny
01-20-09, 01:36 PM
honestly i got big knockers

Words ain't sh!t without pictures. :p

Just kidding. Keep asking your questions. Shows you have a great deal of concern for becoming a Marine and doing the right thing.

WrkInPrgres21
01-20-09, 01:44 PM
Words ain't sh!t without pictures. :p

Just kidding. Keep asking your questions. Shows you have a great deal of concern for becoming a Marine and doing the right thing.

Haha thanks, I'll load pictures eventually. In the meantime as far as questions... How does one earn a bloodstripe my recruiter is very proud of his and I have no idea how he earned it or what it means I'm too new for my own good I think sometimes heh.

KawiGunny
01-20-09, 01:47 PM
Haha thanks, I'll load pictures eventually. In the meantime as far as questions... How does one earn a bloodstripe my recruiter is very proud of his and I have no idea how he earned it or what it means I'm too new for my own good I think sometimes heh.

First... another way to loose weight is get rid of that looser you live with. Pretty bad he can't make weekend drill with the Army. As mentioned in your other thread.

Second..... The blood strip is something you earn by becoming an NCO (Cpl).

Enigmatic
01-20-09, 01:49 PM

The new school way is, you pick up Corporal, NCO, Non-Commissioned Officer. The old school way was....well, we wont get into that. Do you read? Maybe we could recommend some books that could help you out...

WrkInPrgres21
01-20-09, 02:06 PM
The new school way is, you pick up Corporal, NCO, Non-Commissioned Officer. The old school way was....well, we wont get into that. Do you read? Maybe we could recommend some books that could help you out...

Yes I do and I would greatly appreciate it! :)

Bonzack
01-21-09, 12:58 AM

It all depends on your platoon. A lot of the time we fought...A LOT. When it comes down to it though, they're your sisters and MOST of them will always help you out when you need it. Don't worry about that.

As far as shaving your legs...the only guys you'll be seeing really are your PMI's and coaches on the ranges..the other male recruits..you dont see them, nor do you want to. They're just as nasty as you are.
So dont worry about it.

Every special privilage that you will get, such as shaving and washing your hair, you WILL earn it. They dont care if your doing a company commanders inspection, they'll pit you. They did it to me. I still passed to. (i was in the damn pit almost everyday so I knew how to get straightened up fast)

Just do what they tell you. Everything goes a lot better when you dont know what your doing, and you just do it.

Remember! Hurry up and wait!:D

commdog7
01-21-09, 02:42 PM
I got a Blood Stripe question for all you Motivators out there. We know that the blood stripe is awarded to NCOs for bravery at Chapultepec, but why are officers allowed to wear it? [Jeopardy music...]

Enigmatic
01-21-09, 02:51 PM
I got a Blood Stripe question for all you Motivators out there. We know that the blood stripe is awarded to NCOs for bravery at Chapultepec, but why are officers allowed to wear it? [Jeopardy music...]

Damn Sgt, way to jack the thread! LOL....course I know the answer...but lets let one of the young n' thuggin kids take this one...

polizei
01-21-09, 03:57 PM
The reason only corporals and above are authorized to wear the stripe is because there was such a high percentage of NCOs and officers killed in the taking of the castle.

Marine84
01-21-09, 06:44 PM
How does one earn a bloodstripe my recruiter is very proud of his and I have no idea how he earned it or what it means

I got a stupid question.....................have you asked your Recruiter any of this stuff? I can understand the gender specific stuff that you ask but, have you not asked your Recruiter how he got his blood stripe and what it means?

SGT7477
01-21-09, 07:28 PM
I got a stupid question.....................have you asked your Recruiter any of this stuff? I can understand the gender specific stuff that you ask but, have you not asked your Recruiter how he got his blood stripe and what it means?

It never ends 84,lol.:D

PaidinBlood
01-21-09, 07:55 PM
The reason only corporals and above are authorized to wear the stripe is because there was such a high percentage of NCOs and officers killed in the taking of the castle.

All you get for dying is your name on a wall. It's about how you go out. The salient point here was energy, initiative and personal courage demonstrated at the lowest levels when the attack would otherwise have faltered. Small Unit Leadership generations before its time. In a time when the enlisted man need only be cannon fodder, these Marines carried the fight and handed the Army a nice victory. (The doggies were probably busy fighting the cadets....:D)

Qwarkeh
01-21-09, 08:11 PM
This thread went down fast! Just so you know, females do ***** a lot at each other, just wait until you go to MCT.

And you have way bigger things to worry about. Right now I'm dumfounded by how Marines here weren't slapped by their parents or something, so they think they have the right to DEBATE with a Staff Sergent!

"Hey, is it okay to put my microwave in my wall locker?"
"...No."
"Really? My roommate's class commander said-"
"WTF DEVIL? I said no and that's the end of it!"

WrkInPrgres21
01-22-09, 09:08 AM

He really brushes me off doesn't like to answer questions just basically wants to know when I lose the 11lbs to sign and thats it.

SGT7477
01-22-09, 09:33 AM
He really brushes me off doesn't like to answer questions just basically wants to know when I lose the 11lbs to sign and thats it.

He should be answering your questions that's his job, ask him who is CO is and that you want to talk to him that should be an indication to get him moving.:D

WrkInPrgres21
01-22-09, 09:38 AM
He should be answering your questions that's his job, ask him who is CO is and that you want to talk to him that should be an indication to get him moving.:D
Is it innappropriate to ask about sign on bonus's I'm not in it for the money but it would be nice.

Achped
01-22-09, 09:41 AM
You can't even make weight and you're trying to get PAID to join the Marine Corps?

Can you pass an IST at least?

polizei
01-22-09, 09:44 AM
Of course you can ask (ASK, not receive) about signing bonuses. You should work on getting your weight on-target though.

Covey_Rider
01-22-09, 09:49 AM
Matt you motivate me haha.

What happened to SureShot??? He run away scared? I just now started reading this thread and I was reading his posts...I got all excided and I was hoping that I didn't miss the battle but it looks like it ended before it really got going. Bummer.

I don't remember seeing anyone answering your questions regarding deployments yet...yes we're currently doing 7 month pumps to Iraq. However some units will do a 12 month tour, but you don't really need to worry about that to much. Most of the units that are doing 12 month tours are ETT's, MiTT's, BPT's, etc. <---I just kept this thread going for another day or so by adding that haha.

And if SureShot does come back...my question is that if he is capable of doing what anyone else can do...why isn't he a Marine???? I mean hell, come on here with your macho talk about how you like to fight...Well I'd just like to say that I'm glad that everything is working out for you.

WrkInPrgres21
01-22-09, 09:52 AM

What happened to SureShot??? He run away scared? I just now started reading this thread and I was reading his posts...I got all excided and I was hoping that I didn't miss the battle but it looks like it ended before it really got going. Bummer.

I don't remember seeing anyone answering your questions regarding deployments yet...yes we're currently doing 7 month pumps to Iraq. However some units will do a 12 month tour, but you don't really need to worry about that to much. Most of the units that are doing 12 month tours are ETT's, MiTT's, BPT's, etc. <---I just kept this thread going for another day or so by adding that haha.

And if SureShot does come back...my question is that if he is capable of doing what anyone else can do...why isn't he a Marine???? I mean hell, come on here with your macho talk about how you like to fight...Well I'd just like to say that I'm glad that everything is working out for you.

Thank you I was waiting on that I didn't want to sound inpatient and ask again.

WrkInPrgres21
01-22-09, 09:53 AM
You can't even make weight and you're trying to get PAID to join the Marine Corps?

Can you pass an IST at least?

Yes I can pass the IST, that's not an issue I didn't know til last thursday that I wasn't at the weight requirement that's why I can't make weight yet, I'll meet that in no time.

SGT7477
01-22-09, 09:59 AM
Is it innappropriate to ask about sign on bonus's I'm not in it for the money but it would be nice.

I guess that would be up to you.:flag:

awbrown1462
01-22-09, 09:59 AM
WrkInPrgres get a book on the History of the Marine Corps and look for one on WM's too they will answer alot of your baisic questions about the Marines

WrkInPrgres21
01-22-09, 10:15 AM
WrkInPrgres get a book on the History of the Marine Corps and look for one on WM's too they will answer alot of your baisic questions about the Marines

Thank you! I've been getting a lot of helpful book suggestions I really appreciate it :)

Petz
01-22-09, 10:40 AM

do some searching in his posts... you'll see that he mentions why he's not a Marine yet.

Petz
01-22-09, 10:43 AM
Yes I can pass the IST, that's not an issue I didn't know til last thursday that I wasn't at the weight requirement that's why I can't make weight yet, I'll meet that in no time.

I'll weep for those big knockers...... :cry:

have you ever lived with a large group of women before???? you'll all start your "time of the month" at the same time....

guys imagine 60-80 females all irritable and wanting to make a man bleed for 7 days also...... this is why we train separately... no other reason but this. (disclaimer; don't take offense to this....)

WrkInPrgres21
01-22-09, 11:05 AM
I'll weep for those big knockers...... :cry:

have you ever lived with a large group of women before???? you'll all start your "time of the month" at the same time....

guys imagine 60-80 females all irritable and wanting to make a man bleed for 7 days also...... this is why we train separately... no other reason but this. (disclaimer; don't take offense to this....)

Hahaha the reason I gained weight in the first place was I went from a 120-160 in a month because of the birth control shot. Major bummer considering I was a toothpick my whole life (always had big knockers though)
BEST benefit of the shot no "time of the month", so I figure the Drill Instructor is going to be whooping butt in boot camp I probally won't gain the weight back so I'm going back on the shot before I leave. IF I'm going to bleed in boot camp its going to be for something good.
I'm not looking forward to the irritable women either. AHHHHHH!

WrkInPrgres21
01-22-09, 12:19 PM
I have my first Pool ee function tonite anything I should know besides wear a good pair of sneakers and dress warm?

polizei
01-22-09, 12:23 PM
Do you know what you will be doing? Again, you should talk to your recruiter...they are a wealth of information...

Petz
01-22-09, 12:25 PM
Do you know what you will be doing? Again, you should talk to your recruiter...they are a wealth of information...

read the thread so she doesn't have to repeat herself....

beth, just expect some of the guys to stare.....!!...... anyways, just be prepared to possibly run, or flex arm hang... or some kind of PT..... other than that, I can't think of anything.

WrkInPrgres21
01-22-09, 12:28 PM
He wouldn't tell me just said to dress warm and he'd see me tonite.

Petz
01-22-09, 12:41 PM
probably a run or something outside.

WrkInPrgres21
01-22-09, 12:51 PM
probably a run or something outside.

Thanks, you have an answer for everything I love it. Any idea if they still do bayonnette (sp?) training in boot camp? They still show it on the Marine website but I heard, and I hate hearsay, that they no longer do that??

WrkInPrgres21
01-22-09, 12:56 PM
read the thread so she doesn't have to repeat herself....

beth, just expect some of the guys to stare.....!!...... anyways, just be prepared to possibly run, or flex arm hang... or some kind of PT..... other than that, I can't think of anything.

Stare for what purpose, because I'm a girl, hey I could be butt ugly you guys have no idea yet since I havent posted pics up haha. Unless you facebooked me, btw I hate facebook someone made me one, and it's lame.

My first time flex arm hang I stayed up for 17 because my recruiter counted out loud and I knew I passed the required 14 seconds. I should have kept going, see how long I could hang in there.

Isrowei
01-22-09, 01:07 PM

Yeah, i'm not going to argue with a civvie about why he couldn't hack it. Especially when my job was to send kids like him home. Meh.

So, short show. No fireworks on this end.

Petz
01-22-09, 01:08 PM
Thanks, you have an answer for everything I love it. Any idea if they still do bayonnette (sp?) training in boot camp? They still show it on the Marine website but I heard, and I hate hearsay, that they no longer do that??

that's not exactly a compliment.

yes they do.

KawiGunny
01-22-09, 01:19 PM
Stare for what purpose, because I'm a girl, hey I could be butt ugly you guys have no idea yet since I havent posted pics up haha. Unless you facebooked me, btw I hate facebook someone made me one, and it's lame.

My first time flex arm hang I stayed up for 17 because my recruiter counted out loud and I knew I passed the required 14 seconds. I should have kept going, see how long I could hang in there.

Well you have already mentioned you have big knockers.

Isrowei
01-22-09, 01:22 PM
Unless you facebooked me...

I think someone should find out and report back...

WrkInPrgres21
01-22-09, 01:26 PM
that's not exactly a compliment.

yes they do.

I meant it as one, truly. :)

WrkInPrgres21
01-22-09, 01:27 PM
Well you have already mentioned you have big knockers.

Yes, this is true, but you've heard the term "butterface" ? That could always be the case here. And until I post pics or someone facebooks me... I guess you'll never know.

Petz
01-22-09, 01:31 PM
depends on which facebook you are... allentown network?

WrkInPrgres21
01-22-09, 01:33 PM
depends on which facebook you are... allentown network?

Yup look for the blonde close-up face pic, you'll know you have the right Beth.

Isrowei
01-22-09, 01:34 PM
Yes, this is true, but you've heard the term "butterface" ? That could always be the case here. And until I post pics or someone facebooks me... I guess you'll never know.

Is that a dare?

Just curious.

WrkInPrgres21
01-22-09, 01:35 PM
Is that a dare?

Just curious.

Haha:nerd: btw you're kid is cute.

Petz
01-22-09, 01:36 PM
and it's butherface... not butterface... that just doesn't make sense. maybe but'erface....

WrkInPrgres21
01-22-09, 01:38 PM
and it's butherface... not butterface... that just doesn't make sense. maybe but'erface....

I've never seen in written I questioned writing it out as butherface but I didn't know the proper spelling.

Isrowei
01-22-09, 01:40 PM
I've never seen in written I questioned writing it out as butherface but I didn't know the proper spelling.

That sound really close to "butcherface" which might also be accurate depending on who it is being applied to.

Thanks, God made kids cute so we don't kill them when they're cranky. :D

polizei
01-22-09, 01:42 PM
Here....I think this is it:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/polizei1/s725071180_1696.jpg

WrkInPrgres21
01-22-09, 01:44 PM
Here....I think this is it:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/polizei1/s725071180_1696.jpg

Yes that's me

KawiGunny
01-22-09, 01:45 PM
Do you think a bunch of young motivated hard chargers care about the face? When you walk up I bet not one of them will even look at your face first. Thats just the way it is with most males.

sscjoe
01-22-09, 01:48 PM
"I think someone should find out and report back.."

Hey LT. I think you owe that poolie a special surprise when he gets to the Island.

WrkInPrgres21
01-22-09, 01:52 PM
I'm aware I have a brother grew up around all his friends.

WrkInPrgres21
01-22-09, 01:57 PM
Bad picture though that was after a long day out in the sun at a car show in ocmd and some drinking. But what can ya do.

Isrowei
01-22-09, 02:00 PM
"I think someone should find out and report back.."

Hey LT. I think you owe that poolie a special surprise when he gets to the Island.

It's a she.

And I don't have time to chase down recruits. I already do that enough for legitimate purposes.

Isrowei
01-22-09, 02:01 PM
Bad picture though that was after a long day out in the sun at a car show in ocmd and some drinking. But what can ya do.

Are you nervous about the concensus..?

KawiGunny
01-22-09, 02:02 PM
It's a she.

And I don't have time to chase down recruits. I already do that enough for legitimate purposes.

I think he was referring to the poolie that found her facebook pic.

polizei
01-22-09, 02:04 PM
I was making it easier for you Marines. :D

WrkInPrgres21
01-22-09, 02:05 PM
I was making it easier for you Marines. :D

As you can see, it really wasn't worth half the effort of finding me.

WrkInPrgres21
01-22-09, 02:08 PM
Wow what did this thread turn into 111 posts most not even in reference to the 1st post.

Isrowei
01-22-09, 02:10 PM
I think he was referring to the poolie that found her facebook pic.

Ah, that makes sense. Free beer for Polizei at the Brig N' Brew when he gets here. Tell your DI to give you some time off. :D

KawiGunny
01-22-09, 02:15 PM
Ah, that makes sense. Free beer for Polizei at the Brig N' Brew when he gets here. Tell your DI to give you some time off. :D

Now thats some funny sh!t right there. I don't care who you are.:beer::evilgrin:

WrkInPrgres21
01-22-09, 02:20 PM
Now thats some funny sh!t right there. I don't care who you are.:beer::evilgrin:

Hahahahaha

WrkInPrgres21
01-22-09, 03:23 PM
How do you add a picture to your profile anyways?

JWG
01-22-09, 03:25 PM
How do you add a picture to your profile anyways?

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/profile.php?do=editprofilepic

WrkInPrgres21
01-22-09, 03:31 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/profile.php?do=editprofilepic

Awesome thank you, there's so much on this site that I get lost trying to find exactly what I want.

sscjoe
01-22-09, 03:31 PM
I recieved a pm from polizei, he believes he is in trouble for posting the pic.

WrkInPrgres21
01-22-09, 03:32 PM

Why? Trouble with who(m)?

Isrowei
01-22-09, 03:41 PM

Not from us. We're just joshing around. And judging from the conversation, I think the female poolee was expecting it to be posted.

WrkInPrgres21
01-22-09, 03:47 PM
Yes practically because I would prob. never have gotten around to getting a picture up. I cannot access facebook from work.
I'm waiting for the person who says "wow you post a lot for being at work"

BR34
01-22-09, 07:45 PM
So, I guess the new social network for you is leatherneck.com, huh, Beth?

Petz
01-23-09, 12:08 AM
apparently....

so how was the poolee function?

Achped
01-23-09, 03:00 AM
This is starting to remind me of that "Am I too pretty to be a Marine?" thread...

What a joke.

0231Marine
01-23-09, 06:33 AM
That's why God made light switches and paper bags :) <br />
<br />
Something my roomate used to say because he would bring some ugly women by the barracks (AKA: Barracks Rats)

KawiGunny
01-23-09, 06:50 AM
That's why God made light switches and paper bags :)

Something my roomate used to say because he would bring some ugly women by the barracks (AKA: Barracks Rats)

AKA: Rack Monsters

thedrifter
01-23-09, 06:55 AM
This is starting to remind me of that "Am I too pretty to be a Marine?" thread...

What a joke.

That All Folks!

Ellie