PDA

View Full Version : Public Affairs

johnb08
01-17-09, 11:17 PM
I was curious to know if anyone knows where the training for Public Affairs (OccFld 43) is and how long it is? I was also wondering how likely it is that people kept moved from their original MOS to something the Marine Corps needs you to do.

Also do you get your full pay when you're in boot camp or only partial?

Thanks.

dhenderson88
01-18-09, 06:05 AM
Hey that's my MOS, well will be once I complete training. It takes place in Ft. Meade Maryland and is 3 months long. Depending on when you come in though, you may be sitting her for 3 months before you even pick up school. I know I'll probably be here 2-3 months before I pick up. But it's cool here, we have internet, T.V, all that stuff that you'll miss during Boot Camp and MCT. Plus when your waiting to pick up, after PT in the morning you really don't do anything but sit around and read or clean or something.

johnb08
01-18-09, 12:59 PM
When you were in boot camp how much did you make? I'm hearing a rumor that says you don't get as much pay in boot camp since you don't have expenses? Is this true??

dhenderson88
01-18-09, 02:05 PM
You don't get payed as much during boot camp, but I recieved back pay later for that money that you didn't originally recieve. Mainly they take out a whole lot of money for uniforms and such, but you'll still come out with plenty of money as long as you don't buy stupid stuff at the PX while your there. Alot of my fellow Marines spent alot of money on watches and rings and such to remember the graduation. Personally I think the memory is enough to remember it by.

johnb08
01-18-09, 02:21 PM
I plan on getting married before going to boot camp. The gunny at the recruiting office is telling me I should be leaving boot camp with about 7 grand. Is this true?

dhenderson88
01-18-09, 02:32 PM
Unless your wife spends all your money, I don't see why not. I know most of my friends that are married make a good amount of money.

Enigmatic
01-18-09, 04:05 PM
I plan on getting married before going to boot camp. The gunny at the recruiting office is telling me I should be leaving boot camp with about 7 grand. Is this true?

Cease fire, unload, show clear! Big red flag right there! Before you do that, you better stop and think about that one. How long have you been with her? Are you only getting married because you're shipping off to boot? While you're off getting some at MCRD can you be sure she won't be getting some with Jody? You better ask yourself these questions and many more. My dos pesos, if it's real then it can wait.

PaidinBlood
01-18-09, 04:10 PM
not just cheating, but she might not look the same after you get back. sounds like a fvcked up thing to say but its true..

johnb08
01-29-09, 02:14 PM
I appreciate the advice. We've been together almost 2 years now and I know her better than that. I feel our relationship will make it.