PDA

View Full Version : Toughest Training

Ian1911
01-17-09, 09:51 PM
I'm looking to enlist in the Marine Corps in about 6 months or so, I plan on going 0311. Anyway, my question is this. I would like to go though the most difficult training the Marine Corps has to offer, is there something that I have to sign up for from the beginning, or are people chosen to go into training for stuff like Force Recon? I hope this isn't an idiotic question, and I'm sure my recruiter will answer any of my questions, I'm just curious now. I appreciate any information.

ecfree
01-17-09, 09:55 PM
Ian1911,you need to fill out a complete profile,now......:evilgrin:

JoeInVille
01-18-09, 11:26 AM
Ricky Recon

PaidinBlood
01-18-09, 11:47 AM
I went to Chaser Course and ZBV Backscatter Operator/Analyst training. Both pretty grueling, I'm not going to lie...

E6Meat
01-18-09, 12:30 PM
Going into Marine Corps boot camp and then into the Infantry community is absolutely the hardest training you can find, initially. Going infantry will allow you the opprotunity to try out for Recon and if you survive and last in the Recon Community for awhile you can try out for Force Recon which is called Marine Special Operations Capable (MarSOC). Hope that answered your question. Semper Fi

SGT7477
01-18-09, 03:56 PM
I'm looking to enlist in the Marine Corps in about 6 months or so, I plan on going 0311. Anyway, my question is this. I would like to go though the most difficult training the Marine Corps has to offer, is there something that I have to sign up for from the beginning, or are people chosen to go into training for stuff like Force Recon? I hope this isn't an idiotic question, and I'm sure my recruiter will answer any of my questions, I'm just curious now. I appreciate any information.

First things first, go earn our beloved title and then think about moving on.:evilgrin:

Enigmatic
01-18-09, 04:01 PM
I went to Chaser Course and ZBV Backscatter Operator/Analyst training. Both pretty grueling, I'm not going to lie...

Damn it, I did the Chaser Course in Norfolk, on a Navy base. All we had to do is sit in some damn classroom, watch a video, then take a test! Myself and the four other Marines were like "That's it?" Made me wish we were on a Marine base.
The Jungle Warfare Training Course in Oki was pretty grueling. A lot of us got hypothermia from the cold ass water. But it made me respect Vietnam vets a hell of a lot more.

Old Marine
01-18-09, 04:02 PM
Although I have never experienced it, I would guess that Navy Seal Training is about as rough as it gets in the U.S. Armed Forces.

If you like it really rough you could try the Korean Marine Corps.

PaidinBlood
01-18-09, 04:03 PM
Damn it, I did the Chaser Course in Norfolk, on a Navy base. All we had to do is sit in some damn classroom, watch a video, then take a test! Myself and the four other Marines were like "That's it?" Made me wish we were on a Marine base.
The Jungle Warfare Training Course in Oki was pretty grueling. A lot of us got hypothermia from the cold ass water. But it made me respect Vietnam vets a hell of a lot more.

Yeah that's what we did too! The Backscatter one was supposed to be a joke, too. :D

Enigmatic
01-18-09, 04:09 PM
Yeah that's what we did too! The Backscatter one was supposed to be a joke, too. :D

Ah, my bad! See, I'm only 5' 3" so a lot of things go over my head....

One of my buddies, an Arty Sgt who had spent most of his enlistment at Pendleton, had told me at the Chaser Course in Pendleton they made them do all these drills and take-down procedures and this, that and a third. So I was more than dissapointed when alls we did was watch a video.

PaidinBlood
01-18-09, 04:21 PM
Ha. Maybe to get the MOS or if you are one of the ones who gets tapped to work a special detail for some time (some of our guys got detailed to "chase" for the infamous Pendleton 8.) We just went to the Pendleton brig and did the exact same thing you said. Might have been open book, can't remember...

Ian1911
01-18-09, 10:30 PM
Going into Marine Corps boot camp and then into the Infantry community is absolutely the hardest training you can find, initially. Going infantry will allow you the opprotunity to try out for Recon and if you survive and last in the Recon Community for awhile you can try out for Force Recon which is called Marine Special Operations Capable (MarSOC). Hope that answered your question. Semper Fi That's pretty much what I was looking for, thank you.

01-19-09, 12:12 AM
If you like it really rough you could try the Korean Marine Corps.

I was active duty in the mid-70's, I heard from a LOT of people that those ROK Marines are bad-ass!