PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Program

trancemasta
01-17-09, 01:41 PM
I currently live in New York City and my friend just moved from here 2 years ago to Nashville. If we chose to do the buddy program, how do we go about that. Also what are the requirements for the buddy program. I think I was told once that to be able to get placed at the same location of duty, both of us would have to enlist for the same job. Can someone give me a little more depth about this. Thank You.

Covey_Rider
01-17-09, 01:56 PM
Do some research on the forums...I'm pretty sure you can find the answers to your questions if you put some time into it.

trancemasta
01-17-09, 01:58 PM
Yes I've done the research. But I have not found anything on my situation. How can I do the buddy system if my friend lives in Nashville and I in New york?

Covey_Rider
01-17-09, 02:09 PM
I honestly have no idea. I know that it's possible, I'm assuming that the recruiters from both stations have to coordinate with each other on the matter. I'm pretty sure that the both of you have to have the same MOS to get stationed together. Not positive though...I'll wait for a wiser Marine to answer your questions.

trancemasta
01-17-09, 02:18 PM
Thanks for trying.

SGT7477
01-17-09, 04:22 PM
I currently live in New York City and my friend just moved from here 2 years ago to Nashville. If we chose to do the buddy program, how do we go about that. Also what are the requirements for the buddy program. I think I was told once that to be able to get placed at the same location of duty, both of us would have to enlist for the same job. Can someone give me a little more depth about this. Thank You.

Boot camp together, yes, but duty station, good Luck.:flag:

Phantom Blooper
01-17-09, 04:47 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73449

thewookie
01-17-09, 08:56 PM
The buddy program ends at the gates of MCRD Parris Island or SD. You get to stay close to your buddy for the first 13 weeks - then you are a Marine, and on your own. You might be in the same company for MCT or SOI, but that's just sheer luck and how the schedule plays out.

trancemasta
01-18-09, 09:10 AM
Alright. Thanks for the responses.