PDA

View Full Version : UH vs. UW

Duke0300
01-16-09, 09:40 PM
Hey, hows it going.

Apparently, all UH job positions were filled for 2009. Although I signed a UH contract, I found out it did not process - today - 3 days before I ship (and I enlisted way back in June!)

So, my recruiter had me sign a UW contract. He said I will still go to SOI and inevitably be placed in the fleet, however, I will first take CQB, MOUT and other Security Forces training courses, and be deployed to high security clearance bases such as nuclear weaopns facilities and submarine docks. He also mentioned that it will be a total of 5 years in the Corps rather than 4.

Is this information accurate?

And of course, I'm keeping the attitude that wherever the Corps needs me, I'll go.

Thanks for your time

E6Meat
01-16-09, 10:56 PM
The information is pretty accurate. What will happen though is you will go to your Security Force School then you will either end up in a FAST Co or provide the security at the places he told you. During your tour you will also end up in the grunts as an infantryman, so ultimately you will end up doing what you originally wanted to. You are definately being taken care of.