PDA

View Full Version : Do male Marines respect the female??

tripletgirl101
01-16-09, 05:21 PM
Okay so I have been reading Band of Sisters and so far in the book there are 2 female Marines attatched to I think it was an infantry unit to search the females and children. So far the male Marines have no respect for the female. Is this true? Does it happen just when the females volunteer with them since they think they can not handle it or does it happen with all MOS's??

0231Marine
01-16-09, 05:25 PM
It's situationally dependant. Grunt units who don't work with females normally are more prone to dislike female Marines. However, most of the Marine units are used to it and there is no difference one way or another. A Marine is a Marine, regardless of gender.

PaidinBlood
01-16-09, 05:42 PM
It's situationally dependant. Grunt units who don't work with females normally are more prone to dislike female Marines. However, most of the Marine units are used to it and there is no difference one way or another. A Marine is a Marine, regardless of gender.

I would say that is a pretty fair assessment. Many of our Marines were pretty immature if a woman even walked by, let alone "dare" try to work with them. It is what is, just don't let it make you bitter. Use that negativity and prove them wrong. I wouldn't recommend trying to be "one of the boys" to fit in either. In the end I always had more respect for the ladies among them. Just me, maybe. Do you like dipping and scratching yourself? Up to you.. :usmc:

tripletgirl101
01-16-09, 05:50 PM
I would say that is a pretty fair assessment. Many of our Marines were pretty immature if a woman even walked by, let alone "dare" try to work with them. It is what is, just don't let it make you bitter. Use that negativity and prove them wrong. I wouldn't recommend trying to be "one of the boys" to fit in either. In the end I always had more respect for the ladies among them. Just me, maybe. Do you like dipping and scratching yourself? Up to you.. :usmc:

I have never tried to be "one of the boys" I just be who I am and if I happen to kick their butts then so be it. ;) Do I like dipping ans scratching myself meaning....? (Yes I am slow) :scared:

PaidinBlood
01-16-09, 05:54 PM
:) That was not aimed at YOU personally. You will see in time that some of our Sisters do try to fit in this way. I'm not knocking them, just saying I personally didn't think too highly of it. my 2 pennies.

tripletgirl101
01-16-09, 05:57 PM
:) That was not aimed at YOU personally. You will see in time that some of our Sisters do try to fit in this way. I'm not knocking them, just saying I personally didn't think too highly of it. my 2 pennies.

Hehe, okay. I have never heard anyone say my two pennies! My mom says 2 cents, I like the pennies one. :)

Isrowei
01-16-09, 06:44 PM
Keep in mind you're reading a very biased book. Read up a little on the author. An author with a case to prove about gender bias isn't likely to paint a good picture of gender respect. Take from it what you will.

Any individual within the Marine Corps will rise and fall on the merits of their actions. If you act like a floozy... people will dismiss you as inconsequential. If you are competent, they will respect that. Take from that what you will. It's not about kicking anyone's butt. Most likely many people will kick yours, male and female. Just do the right things for the right reasons. The rest will sort itself out.

If you choose to walk into the Marine Corps with a chip on your shoulder about supposed bias I guarantee you will find it.. and you will be a disaster of a Marine.

tripletgirl101
01-16-09, 06:57 PM
Keep in mind you're reading a very biased book. Read up a little on the author. An author with a case to prove about gender bias isn't likely to paint a good picture of gender respect. Take from it what you will.

Any individual within the Marine Corps will rise and fall on the merits of their actions. If you act like a floozy... people will dismiss you as inconsequential. If you are competent, they will respect that. Take from that what you will. It's not about kicking anyone's butt. Most likely many people will kick yours, male and female. Just do the right things for the right reasons. The rest will sort itself out.

If you choose to walk into the Marine Corps with a chip on your shoulder about supposed bias I guarantee you will find it.. and you will be a disaster of a Marine.

Thank you, I will keep that in mind. I had a feeling it would be over dramatized that is why I asked. But you never know.

Covey_Rider
01-17-09, 01:25 AM
Isrowei put it very well.

My own personal view...females aren't judged to much differently then the males, it just seems that way sometimes. What you're talking about is the lioness program. We just had to send the female from our platoon to go and do that for a month with a grunt unit...and she had no problems. She carries her own weight. The problems that you can have when going to a unit that you're not apart of, is that you have to prove yourself to them...they don't know how you've trained or how you'll handle yourself in a bad situation. To them you're just an outsider. Doesn't matter if you're male or female.

As soon as you prove yourself competent with those Marines, then you'll be fine. But if you don't carry yourself professionally and pull your own weight, then you'll earn a bad reputation.

commdog7
01-17-09, 04:29 AM
As a female Marine, I can tell you that gender bias does exist in the Corps. I occurs more often with the grunts, who will judge you before they even get the chance to know you. Some of the grunts...

SGT7477
01-17-09, 11:33 AM
Okay so I have been reading Band of Sisters and so far in the book there are 2 female Marines attatched to I think it was an infantry unit to search the females and children. So far the male Marines have no respect for the female. Is this true? Does it happen just when the females volunteer with them since they think they can not handle it or does it happen with all MOS's??

Where were they hiding them in my time,lol?:D

tripletgirl101
01-17-09, 12:40 PM
Thank you so much guys!

Where were they hiding them in my time,lol?:D

I almost spit out my drink when I read that! ;)

SGTMCCANN
01-23-09, 09:50 PM
I think overall alot of Marines are affraid to work with Female Marines. In my book Their is no such thing as Male Marine/ Female Marine. It really matters the most when you come home complaining about them. Then your big boss gets involved. Any Male Marine out there knows who I'm talking about too. Yes the Wife.....Lots of jealousy. So i guess alot of guys would rather go around it all together. Now as a Engineer, I see females all the time. Not only that females that leave the wire and do get in firefights. So the females not fighting not totally true. I guess if I had to pick, I'd pick to work with them. Because ultimately we are all Marines, and most males dont go through anything diffrent than the Female Marines

Petz
01-24-09, 02:53 AM
I hate females who expect the males to cover for their slack. If you expect to get promoted like them, then you'd better work like them.

I would have pro/cons reflect but unfortunately it doesn't work that way.... women get 4.5/4.5 while guys get 4.2/4.2

I can't explain it... they just do.

outlaw3179
01-24-09, 07:04 AM
I dont think once I ever worked with a female. Then again I was in Horno. I only had the asbestos in the flattops to keep me warm at night.

Marine84
01-24-09, 07:06 AM
I would have pro/cons reflect but unfortunately it doesn't work that way.... women get 4.5/4.5 while guys get 4.2/4.2

I can't explain it... they just do.

Funny, was always the other way around for me. I would always get passed up for some bonehead that had enough extra pages in his SRB that he had to get a wheelbarrow to move the damned thing from building to building when checking in at a new duty station.

Commdog is right. As females, we have to work twice as hard to be half as good as the dumbest male in the shop. We get tested everyday by some male that wants to see us fail and tries his damndest to push us to the end of our rope and bring the tears on. Kind of like DI's trying to break you down - once they see that you can be broken, they swarm in on you and you're gone. I was never one to make it where a male had to pull my weight and I let everybody know straight out the gate that I KNEW I wasn't as strong as they were and, yes, there were lots of things that I STILL couldn't do as well as they could. When they saw they couldn't ruffle my tailfeathers and I wasn't one to b!tch/cry/moan/groan/complain about having to do the same things they had to, they left me alone and treated me like the Sister that I am. There were a few that brought me to tears but, when you bring me to tears, I'm pi$$ed and come out swinging (especially when you add alcohol). :)

Petz
01-24-09, 10:05 AM
well, when it comes to LITERALLY pulling weight... well I understand there are limitations.

what I'm refering to is a female I deployed with who wouldn't train because her MSgt from her unit she transfered from said not to listen to anyone........ she was serious.

then there are the mechanics who did actually work on the trucks because someone else would do it for them.

that not withstanding... women CAN work and do the jobs..... just so long as they don't pull any stunts like that crap....

I'm pretty strict on pro/cons... but when 95% of the Corps isn't it's not really fair to my Marines.....

Seyborg
01-24-09, 12:11 PM
Ok ok ok!

My turn.

First off Grunts, FOR THE MOST PART.....don't respect POGs. ALL women are POGs. It's like being worse than a POG. Not saying thats the way it is, but thats the way MOST grunts think.

Non-O3 community, you're gonna be fine, there is no bias or difference between Male or female. That's the way I've gathered it. Not saying thats in stone.

Like the SSgt. said, alot of females work less and get promoted more for that less work. It's crap. To be honest (AND THIS IS JUST ME) I find it hard to respect and female NCO. Sometimes they don't have to work for it....

BUT NOT ALL Fem. NCOs are in that situation.

Basically, you'll be fine. Don't go telling some grunts that just got back from deployment what to do and you wont get hella harrassed.

I'm gonna get beaten for this one....

Seyborg Out.

outlaw3179
01-24-09, 12:13 PM
Its your opinion Seyborg and for the most part your right.

Seyborg
01-24-09, 12:16 PM
Thanks.

ER

Enigmatic
01-24-09, 02:36 PM
Ok ok ok!

My turn.

First off Grunts, FOR THE MOST PART.....don't respect POGs. ALL women are POGs. It's like being worse than a POG. Not saying thats the way it is, but thats the way MOST grunts think.

Non-O3 community, you're gonna be fine, there is no bias or difference between Male or female. That's the way I've gathered it. Not saying thats in stone.

Like the SSgt. said, alot of females work less and get promoted more for that less work. It's crap. To be honest (AND THIS IS JUST ME) I find it hard to respect and female NCO. Sometimes they don't have to work for it....

Basically, you'll be fine. Don't go telling some grunts that just got back from deployment what to do and you wont get hella harrassed.

Seyborg Out.

Maybe YOUR fresh outta boot camp ass don't. But I know I worked with hella-grunts and they all respected me. Everyone from the fresh outta SOI boots to the former 0369 Company 1stSgt. Shoot, a lot of the grunt NCO's preffered hanging out with me over some of their counterparts.

Being a grunt don't automatically make you sh*t hot, believe me, I've met more than my fair share of those that were straight up pusses. And I told them too.

You'll learn to respect the POG when you really need something. Which should be soon.

Petz
01-24-09, 03:10 PM
just don't pay him... he'll come around.

or take his sipr net away when he needs an intel brief...

or his chow...

or don't fix his vehicles...

don't replace that broken sally pack...

this kid has no idea what CSS means... just 'cause we "support" you doesn't mean you can do it without us.... turd.

Wyoming
01-24-09, 03:14 PM
just don't pay him... he'll come around.

or take his sipr net away when he needs an intel brief...

or his chow...

or don't fix his vehicles...

don't replace that broken sally pack...

this kid has no idea what CSS means... just 'cause we "support" you doesn't mean you can do it without us.... turd.

Gotta agree with you here. Seyborg and his 6 months of experience is daunting.

Jeez!!

SGTMCCANN
01-24-09, 05:03 PM
Alright lets not get started on this Grunt Poge thing, because I met grunts that were afraid as hell to use a line charge, or for that matter even set of a 500lbs shot. crying about, "that aint our...

SGT7477
01-24-09, 05:42 PM
Gotta agree with you here. Seyborg and his 6 months of experience is daunting.

Jeez!!

It's only Seyborg,lol.:D

BR34
01-24-09, 05:50 PM
To be honest (AND THIS IS JUST ME) I find it hard to respect and female NCO.

And for that I find it hard to respect you. Is this really the lesson you want to pass on to these poolees? And right after telling her that you find it hard to respect females, you tell her that she'll do fine?

And the kicker...the last thing you wrote let's us all know that not only did you understand you were about to **** off a lot of Marines, you didn't even give a ****!

I'm sure you'll make a great NCO...with no respect.

Marine84
01-24-09, 05:53 PM
CYBORG - you're right - if I were anywhere within a 50 mile radius of your narrow boot a$$ right now, I would strangle you with my own hands. You'll be thanking us POGS when you have to call in an air strike.

Camper51
01-24-09, 06:12 PM
Well, it's been a long time since I was in and since I was a "pogue" I worked with a lot of Women Marines. (we called 'em BAM's at the time) Anyway I found that most were competent and did thier jobs and did them quite well. However, there were those who were more interested in saggin the springs and they made things look bad for the rest of them. It is truly all in how you present yourself. You don't have to be an angel but don't be a slut by any means. Do your job, do it well and take no crap that you don't need to and you will find that you will be treated just fine. There are always going to be those who will denigrate you and any other female, those people are just idiots and since you already know that you can ignore them and go about your business....

outlaw3179
01-24-09, 06:47 PM
I like how the "Non-Infantry" Marines get upset . Who gives a f*ck. Thats why grunts are *******s. Cuz we don't have to give a f*ck or go around always defending our MOS. Thanks for the support guys but remember , the Marine Corps revolves around the infantry. You are there to support us . We appreciate your support and help because without you we couldn't get anything accomplished.

1. Make Marines
2. Win Battles.

and if Seyborg wants to be an egotistical , self centered , cocky assh*le, good . Let him. 3/6 has an outstanding lineage. He has reason to. Here in a bit I'm sure hell have an opportunity to back his talk , pull a trigger and get in the fight. Semper Fi Marine.

5Romeo Actual Out.

Enigmatic
01-24-09, 07:13 PM
I like how the "Non-Infantry" Marines get upset . Who gives a f*ck. Thats why grunts are *******s. Cuz we don't have to give a f*ck or go around always defending our MOS. Thanks for the support guys but remember , the Marine Corps revolves around the infantry. You are there to support us . We appreciate your support and help because without you we couldn't get anything accomplished.

1. Make Marines
2. Win Battles.

and if Seyborg wants to be an egotistical , self centered , cocky assh*le, good . Let him. 3/6 has an outstanding lineage. He has reason to. Here in a bit I'm sure hell have an opportunity to back his talk , pull a trigger and get in the fight. Semper Fi Marine.

5Romeo Actual Out.

That's all I'm saying. I got no problems with grunts being egotistical and all that trash. You can't be a punany out on the front lines!
Alls I'm saying is give us the respect we're due. Thank you for doing so, Outlaw. Obviously, the Corps does revolve around the 03's. ****, I been thinking bout going back in and lat-moving to Infantry myself (torn between that and Intel). But I still won't tolerate someone who's barely out of boot disrespecting what I did for HIM and others like him. Semper Fi.

SGT7477
01-24-09, 09:43 PM
CYBORG - you're right - if I were anywhere within a 50 mile radius of your narrow boot a$$ right now, I would strangle you with my own hands. You'll be thanking us POGS when you have to call in an air strike.

84 I would pay to see that fight.:D

tripletgirl101
01-25-09, 01:57 PM
Thank you guys. Right now at my age, girls will act like complete idiots to get attention from the guys (since the guys are in the whole save the damsel in distress stage) Personally I really hate it. I don't need rescuing, and I will prove myself until the day I die. Thank you all so much for all your opinions.

Enigmatic
01-25-09, 02:49 PM
Thank you guys. Right now at my age, girls will act like complete idiots to get attention from the guys (since the guys are in the whole save the damsel in distress stage) Personally I really hate it. I don't need rescuing, and I will prove myself until the day I die. Thank you all so much for all your opinions.

Ummm...no actually I think they're in a whole other stage...but I ain't your daddy so I won't speak on that. :D

tripletgirl101
01-25-09, 03:19 PM
Ummm...no actually I think they're in a whole other stage...but I ain't your daddy so I won't speak on that. :D LOL oh yeah I know what they want. And in their minds if they help us with our books and such they will get it. :angel:

kaboom1371
01-25-09, 10:53 PM
oh gosh is this the REMF soap Oprah........episode 3,000

Petz
01-26-09, 01:29 AM

1. Make Marines
2. Win Battles.

5Romeo Actual Out.

we could revolve around sniping.... or air strikes... or attacks from vehicles..... why, those aren't infantry MOSs are they?!!

shut up.

Isrowei
01-26-09, 06:12 AM
Ok ok ok!

My turn.

Seyborg Out.

You are an idiot.

Since when did mosquito wings speak about ANYTHING with knowledge? Get more than 6 months under your belt and come back. Better yet, wait till you're a NCO and see how you like a PFC deciding whether it's his right to respect you or not.

Isrowei
01-26-09, 06:25 AM

1. Make Marines
2. Win Battles.

5Romeo Actual Out.

You're old enough to know better.

1) All MOS's make Marines. Not just infantry.
2) All MOS's win battles... not just infantry.

All of the non-kinetic battlespace is fought by non-infantry MOS's (and if you don't know what that is... just go home).

Infantry is a small population of the Marine Corps, designed for a specific job. Important yes, but every aspect of your success depends on someone else. Someone who is non-infantry.

Food, chow, gear.... all of that is provided by a non-infantry Marine. All you do is breathe and live through your Saturday nights.

0231Marine
01-26-09, 07:10 AM
I have a unique perspective on this because not only was I a POG when I was in, but my wife is also a Marine and is currently a Sgt at Quantico.

Now, addressing the POG thing, I find it hard to believe that those that have actually seen the business end of an AK-47 in combat would honestly believe that the infanty units can operate self sufficiently. Tell yourself that you can accomplish your mission by yourself when you run out of ammo and are starving in some hole in the wall outpost that has no sandbags or t-walls.

Regarding the ever intelligent Seyborg. Tell me boot, just how many female Marine NCO's have you had the opportunity to serve with or under since you've been in? Let me guess, you're basing your judgment on hearsay and what your squad leader has told you from the one time your unit had a female come down for the lioness program. I'll tell you that the majority of female Marines have accomplished more in their time in the Marine Corps than you have so if I were you, I would shut my mouth and type out an apolgy on this forum to 84 and any other female that might frequent this site. What you wrote previously is sexist and is unbecoming of a junior Marine like yourself. I would pay money to watch you try and tell my wife that you don't respect her stripes and that she didn't earn them. And I would sit there and laugh when you're locked at the POA getting dressed down by her in front of your fellow grunts.

stein07
01-26-09, 10:21 AM
Good post, 0231.

Well Seyborg, obviously, you don't respect us females, but maybe you can respect the opinion of a male Marine who has obviously BTDT. But wait, he isn't a grunt, so I guess his opinion doesn't matter either. Screw his four combat deployments and his CAR.

commdog7
01-26-09, 10:51 AM
I have a unique perspective on this because not only was I a POG when I was in, but my wife is also a Marine and is currently a Sgt at Quantico.

Now, addressing the POG thing, I find it hard to believe that those that have actually seen the business end of an AK-47 in combat would honestly believe that the infanty units can operate self sufficiently. Tell yourself that you can accomplish your mission by yourself when you run out of ammo and are starving in some hole in the wall outpost that has no sandbags or t-walls.

Regarding the ever intelligent Seyborg. Tell me boot, just how many female Marine NCO's have you had the opportunity to serve with or under since you've been in? Let me guess, you're basing your judgment on hearsay and what your squad leader has told you from the one time your unit had a female come down for the lioness program. I'll tell you that the majority of female Marines have accomplished more in their time in the Marine Corps than you have so if I were you, I would shut my mouth and type out an apolgy on this forum to 84 and any other female that might frequent this site. What you wrote previously is sexist and is unbecoming of a junior Marine like yourself. I would pay money to watch you try and tell my wife that you don't respect her stripes and that she didn't earn them. And I would sit there and laugh when you're locked at the POA getting dressed down by her in front of your fellow grunts.

That's the most intelligent statement I have seen on this site in a while. Semper Fidelis

Petz
01-26-09, 11:25 AM
commdog!!!! are you serious!!

I've said some smart things.........haven't I?

0231Marine
01-26-09, 11:30 AM
...shut up.
...Turd

You've got a point SSgt :)

Petz
01-26-09, 11:32 AM
I get lucky sometimes.

SGT7477
01-26-09, 11:59 AM
commdog!!!! are you serious!!

I've said some smart things.........haven't I?

Maybe in our world but in a womans world, just joking.:D

Petz
01-26-09, 12:02 PM
hahahaha.... you have a point... my wife says the same thing!

tripletgirl101
01-26-09, 01:37 PM
Thanks guys!

Sgt0231
01-26-09, 01:49 PM
Ok ok ok!

My turn.

Seyborg Out.

Hmm PFC... how long have you been in? I dont think you have sufficient time in service to determine how a female Marine earns respect or rank. Im going on 5 years and have 3 Iraq deployments behind my back and an Afghanistan deployment in front of me. I have earned every rank from Private and have not been given rank like candy. Now Im not going to sit here and say that every female Marine earns her rank because believe me, I know quite a few female Marines whose ranks needs to be pulled. But you know, I know alot more Males in the same situation and I gotta tell ya, alot of the male Marines I meet, I have absolutely no respect for. I have been on a "grunt" base in Ramadi (Hurricane Point to be exact) and you better believe every junior Marine addressed me as a then Cpl. Respect or not, I guarantee you get face to face with me, you will be giving me the respect I damn well deserve. Oh and before you disagree and think your resume looks better than mine, maybe you should do a deployment first and then come talk to me.

and for those who dont know, my husband is 0231Marine! :marine:

KawiGunny
01-26-09, 02:25 PM
Hmm PFC... how long have you been in? I dont think you have sufficient time in service to determine how a female Marine earns respect or rank. Im going on 5 years and have 3 Iraq deployments behind my back and an Afghanistan deployment in front of me. I have earned every rank from Private and have not been given rank like candy. Now Im not going to sit here and say that every female Marine earns her rank because believe me, I know quite a few female Marines whose ranks needs to be pulled. But you know, I know alot more Males in the same situation and I gotta tell ya, alot of the male Marines I meet, I have absolutely no respect for. I have been on a "grunt" base in Ramadi (Hurricane Point to be exact) and you better believe every junior Marine addressed me as a then Cpl. Respect or not, I guarantee you get face to face with me, you will be giving me the respect I damn well deserve. Oh and before you disagree and think your resume looks better than mine, maybe you should do a deployment first and then come talk to me.

and for those who dont know, my husband is 0231Marine! :marine:

Respect is earned not demanded. I don't care who your husband is, show a little respect and you will get more in return that you give out.

Sgt0231
01-26-09, 03:27 PM
Respect is earned not demanded. I don't care who your husband is, show a little respect and you will get more in return that you give out.

Show respect? I'm sorry GySgt, but you obviously think you know me based on what I said to the PFC. I show and give respect all the time. I'm not going to let a PFC who is telling other people on this forum that females work less than male Marines because it just isnt true.

Also, I dont care if you dont care who my husband is, just making it known, because he is obviously a big hit on this forum. My husband brought this post to my attention and I posted my opinion. Done deal.

commdog7
01-26-09, 09:51 PM
I definately agree with Sgt 0231.

Being a female, we have to work twice as hard to earn the respect of our Marines. Although there are a few female Marines out there who do not deserve their chevrons, most female Marines are hard workers who deserve some respect. I can't stand ignorant males who think that female Marines have it so easy. I haven't had anything handed to me for being a female, I have had to earn everything- every d@mn thing. Maybe some grunts talk sh!t about female Marines because they have never worked with us, they don't understand how hard we really work. I've worked with a few solid grunts who have ended up having a good deal of respect for female Marines.

Seyborg will not make it far unless he fixes himself. Ain't no f*cking PFC going to tell me I did not earn my rank, that I am the lowest form of Marine. I've spent my time in the sand box- I was in Fallujah when Saddam was hung. Where was he? Oh wait, he was a civilian (not even a poolee) when I came back from war. I don't know who the hell he thinks he is, but he better start showing some of these NCOs a little d@mn respect.

Enigmatic
01-27-09, 12:41 AM
Sgt0231, I just had to laugh when I saw your post because I had to stop my own wife, a former Marine Cpl, from creating an account and speaking out on this when SHE saw Seyborg's post! I understand where you and other female Marines are coming from, having been married to one. I know she had to work twice as hard as her male counterparts just to get the same amount of respect, and it shouldn't be that way. Me personally, I always gave every Marine the benefit of the doubt, wether they were male, female, whatever.

commdog7
01-27-09, 02:57 AM
Rah!

KawiGunny
01-27-09, 07:36 AM
Show respect? I'm sorry GySgt, but you obviously think you know me based on what I said to the PFC. I show and give respect all the time. I'm not going to let a PFC who is telling other people on this forum that females work less than male Marines because it just isnt true.

Also, I dont care if you dont care who my husband is, just making it known, because he is obviously a big hit on this forum. My husband brought this post to my attention and I posted my opinion. Done deal.

So since the SSgt is the one that origionally posted that and he just agreed then it is ok for the SSgt to say it? As far as working less than male Marines..... So do and some don't. Same is true about male Marines. They all fall into that 10% as far as I care. You have to keep in mind that there are fewer female Marines around and that sorta makes you (female Marines) stand out. It's like the WM's that get the title of being sleezy. Some people look at it and says that the way all WM's are. If you are gonna let a sorry arse boot PFC make a comment and get under your skin, then maybe you should step back and re-evaluate things. I am (was) a grunt and damn proud of it. I don't agree with his comment about WM's being POG's. He does not speak for the grunt's. He is just showing his maturity level here and nothing we say on here is going to change that. He can hide behind his computer and type whatever he wants. And it's obvious that he has no respect for rank on this forum. He probably falls into that 10% himself. Personally I think he should be locked in a room with about 5 or 6 WM's that are having their time of the month. Maybe then he would have a different outlook on Marines in general.

As far as your last comments..... Sounds like you were trying to add some clout to your post by using your husband. Hopefully I am wrong. I have seen that kind of stuff a lot in my time in. Wifes were always trying to use their husband's name and ranks. I use to just tell them to go tell their husbands congrats on getting promoted that high. Again, hopefully I was wrong with the way i took your comments but if not, some things never change.

And nothing is ever really a "done deal".

Semper Fi

0231Marine
01-27-09, 08:03 AM
Hey Gunny, she was just throwing my name out there so those of you who frequent the forum enough and know who I am would know she is my wife. If you hadn't noticed, she outranks me, or at least did when I was in...lol. She wasn't using it to "add clout" if you will.

PaidinBlood
01-27-09, 08:07 AM
Hey Gunny, she was just throwing my name out there so those of you who frequent the forum enough and know who I am would know she is my wife. If you hadn't noticed, she outranks me, or at least did when I was in...lol. She wasn't using it to "add clout" if you will.

Now that is a man. I can respect that. :thumbup: Maybe chevrons make it easier, but most of us are still in denial... :D

KawiGunny
01-27-09, 08:11 AM

Thats cool. Like I mentioned, I hope I just read it wrong. My wife lurks in the shadows of this site from time to time and reads what people are posting. She gets a little agrevated from time to time also. She is a GySgt in the reserves now. She is the M4L rep for the Tidewater area. She mainly comes on here to see if anyone might be posting anything about a Vet (wounded Warrior) in our area down there. This site and another, that I won't advertise on here, is a great source of information for here.

killerinstinct
01-27-09, 08:37 AM
its basically the few that give the rest of WM's a bad name so alot of tops end up saying stay away or you could end up in the brig. So it's usually applied to all even the cool ones. Which i have prolly met 3 WM's who were cool the rest were/ are whack jobs.

SGT7477
01-27-09, 10:06 AM

Being a female, we have to work twice as hard to earn the respect of our Marines. Although there are a few female Marines out there who do not deserve their chevrons, most female Marines are hard workers who deserve some respect. I can't stand ignorant males who think that female Marines have it so easy. I haven't had anything handed to me for being a female, I have had to earn everything- every d@mn thing. Maybe some grunts talk sh!t about female Marines because they have never worked with us, they don't understand how hard we really work. I've worked with a few solid grunts who have ended up having a good deal of respect for female Marines.

Seyborg will not make it far unless he fixes himself. Ain't no f*cking PFC going to tell me I did not earn my rank, that I am the lowest form of Marine. I've spent my time in the sand box- I was in Fallujah when Saddam was hung. Where was he? Oh wait, he was a civilian (not even a poolee) when I came back from war. I don't know who the hell he thinks he is, but he better start showing some of these NCOs a little d@mn respect.
We tried to fix Seyborg as a poolee and we thought we had him going in the right direction but now that he is a boot Marine he wants to be cocky, the way he is going I hope he never reaches the rank of CPL.:evilgrin:

SGT7477
01-27-09, 10:08 AM
Thats cool. Like I mentioned, I hope I just read it wrong. My wife lurks in the shadows of this site from time to time and reads what people are posting. She gets a little agrevated from time to time also. She is a GySgt in the reserves now. She is the M4L rep for the Tidewater area. She mainly comes on here to see if anyone might be posting anything about a Vet (wounded Warrior) in our area down there. This site and another, that I won't advertise on here, is a great source of information for here.

Well Gunny do you pull rank on each other?:D

killerinstinct
01-27-09, 10:25 AM
but some of the toughest company runs were lead by a WM 1stSgt i mean RUTHLESS up and down canyons thru brush dirt rocks creeks beach runs jesus.

KawiGunny
01-27-09, 10:30 AM
Well Gunny do you pull rank on each other?:D

I used to just call her "boot" from time to time.

Sgt0231
01-27-09, 01:41 PM
So since the SSgt is the one that origionally posted that and he just agreed then it is ok for the SSgt to say it? As far as working less than male Marines..... So do and some don't. Same is true about male Marines. They all fall into that 10% as far as I care. You have to keep in mind that there are fewer female Marines around and that sorta makes you (female Marines) stand out. It's like the WM's that get the title of being sleezy. Some people look at it and says that the way all WM's are. If you are gonna let a sorry arse boot PFC make a comment and get under your skin, then maybe you should step back and re-evaluate things. I am (was) a grunt and damn proud of it. I don't agree with his comment about WM's being POG's. He does not speak for the grunt's. He is just showing his maturity level here and nothing we say on here is going to change that. He can hide behind his computer and type whatever he wants. And it's obvious that he has no respect for rank on this forum. He probably falls into that 10% himself. Personally I think he should be locked in a room with about 5 or 6 WM's that are having their time of the month. Maybe then he would have a different outlook on Marines in general.

As far as your last comments..... Sounds like you were trying to add some clout to your post by using your husband. Hopefully I am wrong. I have seen that kind of stuff a lot in my time in. Wifes were always trying to use their husband's name and ranks. I use to just tell them to go tell their husbands congrats on getting promoted that high. Again, hopefully I was wrong with the way i took your comments but if not, some things never change.

Semper Fi

Yeah you were wrong about the "clout", but it's ok, it happens. This is actually the first time I have been on this site, I didnt know my first post would cause such a ruckus!

Sgt0231
01-27-09, 01:47 PM

I know alot of hard-working female Marines as well, all of these Male Marines who say they know ****ty female Marines are obviously talking to the wrong ones (and probably the only females who will give them the time of day!)

KawiGunny
01-28-09, 06:47 AM
Yeah you were wrong about the "clout", but it's ok, it happens. This is actually the first time I have been on this site, I didnt know my first post would cause such a ruckus!

No big deal. At least you made you appearance known. :beer:

KawiGunny
01-28-09, 06:49 AM
I know alot of hard-working female Marines as well, all of these Male Marines who say they know ****ty female Marines are obviously talking to the wrong ones (and probably the only females who will give them the time of day!)

Funny but probably true.

Petz
01-31-09, 02:01 PM

they usually do since no one knows who you are.

Petz
01-31-09, 02:03 PM

Semper Fi

and this is how you get thrown under the bus and survive.

tripletgirl101
01-31-09, 04:44 PM
Thank you guys!

crazymjb
02-01-09, 11:05 AM
My limited experience with female Marines is my girlfriend who I have been with even before we were both Marines. I am proud to say she is an excellent Marine, better than myself in fact. She picked up PFC meritorious out of boot and was head to head for honor grad with the ultimate Honor Grad for her company.

To go with what is being said about females working twice as hard, she has also experienced this. In MOS school (motor T) she was supposed to be class leader. She was told she couldn't do it because they needed a male who could go in the Male barracks to take care of problems (she was one of 3 females in her class). Despite this she did all she could to lead her platoon. She was later told after all her testing that she was to be the class honor grad and would be receiving a promotion. At the last second she was pulled aside and told that she was caught on libo with a Marine who was supposed to be on restricted libo, and that she should have known his status. She was sat down by one of her instructors and told she deserved the award but would not receive it because one of his fellow instructors had something against females.

She also has mentioned that a few females make a bad name for the rest of them. She has known of Marines who have engaged in inappropriate relationships with superiors and was always complaining about them when we talked. She said what her DIs had told her about either being a Bi*** or a Slut was true, and she was always happy to be the bi***.

Being a male Marine, I would say many males do look down on females, or believe they shouldn't be in the Marine Corps, but many do not. As an 03, I think my girlfriend is more competent than many of my fellow classmates were in ITB.

Cliffs:
- You will need to work harder
- Many will have opinions which you can work to change

Good luck,

Mike

Petz
02-01-09, 01:13 PM
off topic.... was she a driver or a mech???? (your girlfriend)

crazymjb
02-01-09, 01:53 PM
3531 Operator. She may go back for LVS school this summer.

Mike

Petz
02-01-09, 02:06 PM
too bad... she's breaking while I'm fixing.... it's the way the world works I guess.

crazymjb
02-01-09, 02:15 PM
If she drives anything like she does in the civilian world ;)
Well apparently you can drift a 7-ton.

She's part of a QRF which is pretty cool. Shes got an M4 while I still have an A4, at least I have an RCO. Anyway, can you tell me any more about the lioness program? I have heard of it, and she's expressed a desire to do it if given the opportunity. She's still ****ed that she couldn't be infantry. Frankly I think she would have been pretty good at it.

Mike

PaidinBlood
02-01-09, 02:18 PM
Her M4 meets the needs of her job a lot better. How is she already "part of a QRF?" Is she deployed?

crazymjb
02-01-09, 02:20 PM
I'm not sure how they did it. But they way they broke down her trucks at her reserve station she is in a QRF.

Yes, it makes sense since an M4 is more maneuverable inside a vehicle, but I am still jealous.

Mike