PDA

View Full Version : Friend got screwed

BackhausD
01-16-09, 01:31 AM
My friend came back from PI all ****ed off at the world because he enlisted as 0300, but his orders told him to report to MCT as a 0151. He got 0300 in writing on his contract. I'm trying to help him out the best i can so my question is, can they just change it like that?

I know he did not go through boot camp just to play with paper sitting behind a desk, no offense to anyone.

saltyone
01-16-09, 01:44 AM
This is getting ridiculous.

Covey_Rider
01-16-09, 01:59 AM
I've never heard of this happening before, however the needs of the Corps will prevail. There's nothing that you can do for him...he's a Marine now and has a chain of command that he can go through if he has a problem. Don't take this the wrong way, but it's something that you're going to have to leave alone.

commdog7
01-16-09, 02:00 AM
I never heard of this, unless he didn't meet the qualifications to be infantry. Anyways, if he can't change it, he should suck it up. If the Corps needs him in admin, then he should just be proud to be doing the job the Corps need him to do. He can try lat moving into infantry while in the fleet.

saltyone
01-16-09, 02:10 AM
I never heard of this, unless he didn't meet the qualifications to be infantry. Anyways, if he can't change it, he should suck it up. If the Corps needs him in admin, then he should just be proud to be doing the job the Corps need him to do. He can try lat moving into infantry while in the fleet.

What are you doing over here? Get back to our thread so we can finish this debate. :D

commdog7
01-16-09, 02:41 AM
What are you doing over here? Get back to our thread so we can finish this debate. :D
That we shall...

KawiGunny
01-16-09, 07:04 AM
Sh!t happens. His only recourse is to cry breach of contract and get out. Or he could do the Marine thing and SITFU.

BackhausD
01-16-09, 10:51 AM
Alright, thank you I was just wondering if he could do anything.

Zulu 36
01-16-09, 12:28 PM
Tell him to go see his recruiter. They should be able to tell him what his next move should be, especially if they DID write a guaranteed 03xx contract for him. Otherwise, he's stuck as a Remington Raider.

There are worse things to do than fetch coffee for the Sergeant Major. I can't think of one right now, but there must be something worse. :D

rvillac2
01-16-09, 01:18 PM
He should have a copy of his enlistment contract. Is he sure it said 03xx? Did they provide him with a reason for the change if it did?
Make sure you have the fact straight before accusing the Corps of screwing him.

ttracker65
01-16-09, 01:33 PM
In his contract it will also state that he has to meet Min. Requirements in Boot to hold the MOS what was his PFT, Swim and Rifle scores????

GySgtRet
01-16-09, 02:25 PM
There is noway. I am not sure this frined as this poolee puts it had a actual contract? Think about, MCT then SOI? I don't think that the Corps would make this mistake. I don't think that we have all of the facts either.

Gunny out
Semper Fi
:usmc:

PaidinBlood
01-16-09, 02:25 PM
Sh!t happens. His only recourse is to cry breach of contract and get out. Or he could do the Marine thing and SITFU.

:thumbup: I second that one, Gunny. :beer:

SGT7477
01-16-09, 02:58 PM
Suck it up and move on, our beloved Corps will put you where they need you.

CplKJSpevak
01-16-09, 03:00 PM
I know he did not go through boot camp just to play with paper sitting behind a desk, no offense to anyone.

:evilgrin:My Heavy (Meanest,craziest Drill Instructor) had Admin. for his MOS. (YAWN!).......I get tired of repeating this crap on here......But I forget you Poolees don't know anything yet!!
Do you think Marine Corps Boot camp is like Ranger school, Buds Seal training? Amphibious Recon school? It's designed to get everyone with half a heart through. It's called BASIC training. Your not magically turned into a warrior like the commercials show.

BackhausD
01-16-09, 04:09 PM
I realize I made a GIANT mistake with the naming of this thread, it can easily be taken as an insult to the Marine Corps. I appologize to whom ever I offended and am sorry to the Corps itself. Hopefully my DIs will fix that problem in two months.

As far as the facts, this is what I know.
He shipped to Parris Island with an 0300 contract and after boot he received orders to go to MCT and his MOS was 0151, not 0300.
As far as qualifying, he said his PFT score was 221, he was swim qual level three and qualified sharpshooter on the range.

I think this is going to go down as too bad, so sad, suck it up.

My Heavy (Meanest,craziest Drill Instructor) had Admin. for his MOS. (YAWN!).......I get tired of repeating this crap on here......But I forget you Poolees don't know anything yet!!
Do you think Marine Corps Boot camp is like Ranger school, Buds Seal training? Amphibious Recon school? It's designed to get everyone with half a heart through. It's called BASIC training. Your not magically turned into a warrior like the commercials show.I'm sorry sir, it seems like I had a giant brain fart yesterday.

E6Meat
01-16-09, 04:23 PM
There is no reason for him to be all ****ed off at the world, he can do a latteral move to the infantry community after a couple of years, I did it after being in admin. He needs to be a Marine and SITFU anyways and use the off time he will have from being at a desk job to either knock out some college or train to be a bad ass grunt.

PaidinBlood
01-16-09, 04:24 PM
Yup. Tell him to see his recruiter (with tact!) and then carry on. Things go funny for a reason. Better not get all bitter and whiny or blame it on my Corps..

Qwarkeh
01-16-09, 04:26 PM
In MCT they tell you what your MOS is, and at that point they will ask if there's any problems with it. He can bring it up as a breach of contract and they may fix it for him. Upon getting there he can also just talk to his platoon commander about it.

PaidinBlood
01-16-09, 04:28 PM
Be that as it may, still check in with the recruiter on leave, if only as a courtesy to the hard working Marine(s) who helped him get where he did. Also may provide some additional insight which would assist him in tactfully attempting to rectify this. S/F

CplKJSpevak
01-16-09, 05:58 PM
I don't think we were told ANYTHING about our MOS's until the end of MCT, when they walked around giving us our orders.....We were more focused on being Marines. Those who think the world owes them something, do better in college.

Phantom Blooper
01-16-09, 07:39 PM
As far as the facts, this is what I know.

When he got screwed....did he get kissed?

You don't know the facts....what you are spewing is hearsay from your friend to you a third party.

I just love these questions about my friend.....if they are old enough to join the Marines or another branch of service they are old enough to come and ask the questions on their own.....or go to the RSS with the contract in hand and all the ducks in a row......and the binding contract in hand....

The Poolee Forum/Ask A Marine Forum is littered with hundreds of my friend is getting screwed....my friend has ten DUIs and attempted murder....Can he/I join the Marine Corps threads.

Can't friends stand up and ask the question on their own?

The only ones that should ask the types of questions are Marine parents...for their Marine!

I know why the friend Marine can't.....hes out getting screwed!

:evilgrin:

Enigmatic
01-16-09, 09:04 PM
I was an 0151, and it wasn't that bad. I spent my entire enlistment working by myself directly for a Company 1stSgt, in a billet that was respected by all. Even the grunts when I was at 3rd FAST.

sgt tony
01-16-09, 09:18 PM
Well did he screw up in boot camp. got re cycled or some thing. The deal is to finish boot camp when you were scheduled if you miss that then you lose the your guarantee.

Well that they way it was back in my days as a recruiter any way(1980s)

davblay
01-16-09, 09:40 PM
My friend came back from PI all ****ed off at the world because he enlisted as 0300, but his orders told him to report to MCT as a 0151. He got 0300 in writing on his contract. I'm trying to help him out the best i can so my question is, can they just change it like that?

To the learned comrades that took time to reply to this.......Shame on you! If his "friend is not interested enough to post his own questions, then why bother with it. It then becomes hearsay both ways, we have no idea what the whole story is, nor will he!

If your gonna answer third party question,,,, I have a cousin, by marriage that has a uncle, that has a nephew that knows a friend that got screwed the exact same way, can any of you help?

With out knowing the details, we play right into thier ploy to make fun of our answers to these rediculas threads!

As far as I am concerned, the laugh is over, if he wants to know, he's a Marine, let him ask!!! You are only 1/2 a step ahead of being a nasty civilian yourself!

Dave

BackhausD
01-16-09, 09:52 PM
When he got screwed....did he get kissed?

You don't know the facts....what you are spewing is hearsay from your friend to you a third party.

I just love these questions about my friend.....if they are old enough to join the Marines or another branch of service they are old enough to come and ask the questions on their own.....or go to the RSS with the contract in hand and all the ducks in a row......and the binding contract in hand....

The Poolee Forum/Ask A Marine Forum is littered with hundreds of my friend is getting screwed....my friend has ten DUIs and attempted murder....Can he/I join the Marine Corps threads.

Can't friends stand up and ask the question on their own?

The only ones that should ask the types of questions are Marine parents...for their Marine!

I know why the friend Marine can't.....hes out getting screwed!

I think I deserved that.
He just told me about it and we have only talked twice since he came back. So I was curious because out of all the threads I have read on here I have never seen this happen before. I thought this was the best resource to get the best answer. There are TONS of Marines on here that have more knowledge than any Poolee could fit into there head. This is also my only resource for Marine Corps information other than my recruiter. This is a lot faster too...

But I think he can handle himself and he will get it taken care of. I was just curious that's all.

But thank you Marines for all your help.

BackhausD
01-16-09, 10:01 PM
With out knowing the details, we play right into thier ploy to make fun of our answers to these rediculas threads!Sir, I can guarantee that no one in Windsor,CT is laughing right now..at least over this matter. This was totally serious, but I can see where you are coming from.
How do you know I'm not BSing you all and making things up as I go along?
You'll have to take my word on this one (even though a Poolees word is worth about the same as the Detroit Lions).
This was a sincerer question and I was only looking for information on the matter.
I hope I am not overstretching my place and if I am, please throw me back in it.

Petz
01-16-09, 10:19 PM
I bet he had an enlistment code that tied the 03 field with a short/hot MOS.... ADMIN!!

so just like my CD enlistment code was MT mech it also had HE mech.... I'm glad I got what I wanted....

I wonder what his enlistment code was????

ttracker65
01-18-09, 10:25 PM
I think Cpl Dave Blay Said it All Good Enough!!!

Petz
01-20-09, 11:54 AM
sure did, but we're all just bullsh!ting now with each other... imagine we all had a beer in our hand and we blew off the kid who asked the question.....

BR34
01-20-09, 12:27 PM
BackhausD, MOS orders aren't given upon departure from the Recruit Depot. MOS orders aren't given until you are close to graduating MCT. If he got MOS after graduating boot camp he did something special to deserve them.

ggyoung
01-20-09, 12:33 PM
Hay a o1f##one has it's advantages. Like staying dry or hot chow all the time or a good bunk to sleep on at night or going to the club at night. You know all of that kinda stuff. In admin you can make all of the people you don't like real made at the world like misplacing pay records or like typing in had VD on the outside. There is all kinds of things you can do to people to make there very lives hell or really good. One thing you can't do is brag about all of your hero things you have done. All of this is BS. But I ave seen it done here and there.

KawiGunny
01-20-09, 12:36 PM
If your gonna answer third party question,,,, I have a cousin, by marriage that has a uncle, that has a nephew that knows a friend that got screwed the exact same way, can any of you help?

Sure we can help.....just go back and read through this thread again. :beer: