PDA

View Full Version : Question regrading MOS

Domion
01-15-09, 04:19 PM
Okay so I got home from MEPS my recruiter said he was going to put in my choices for MOS's I want Infantry however i was told its possible that it might be filed so I decided if I cant have Infantry then Combat Engineer is what I would like. Now my question is how long does it usually take to get word on what job I will have. I ask because it's been a couple days and I would think it wouldnt take that long. I'm probably wrong but I dont know so could any Marines tell me how long it typically takes to get word??

rvillac2
01-15-09, 04:30 PM
It takes as long as it takes.

Domion
01-15-09, 07:26 PM
Yes sir thank you

Sgt Leprechaun
01-15-09, 10:15 PM
LOL. Usually only a few weeks unless the pipeline is full. It really shouldn't take longer than 30 days max.

saltyone
01-16-09, 03:18 AM
Yes sir thank you

Something tells me this young man will go far in the Corps.

Domion
01-16-09, 07:50 AM
Something tells me this young man will go far in the Corps.
Thank you sir my Grandfather was a Corpsman and always took me to Marine bases when i was young. We went to MCRDSD when I was 8 and since that day I've wanted to be a Marine.So I hope I do go far in the Corps I'll put everything i have into it thats for sure. Thank you for help Marines guess I should just hurry up and wait.

Domion
01-16-09, 01:51 PM
Just got off the phone with my recruiter. I got Combat Engineer pretty excited bout that!

PaidinBlood
01-16-09, 01:53 PM
Just got off the phone with my recruiter. I got Combat Engineer pretty excited bout that!

Congratulations! Now stick it out and wait for an 03 contract! KILL :mad:

Domion
01-16-09, 05:11 PM
Congratulations! Now stick it out and wait for an 03 contract! KILL :mad:
Yes sir thats what I will do however if one does not open up before I ship I'll do Combat Engineer I've wanted to do both so either or will be great! Hell just earning the title Marine will be perfect!

PaidinBlood
01-16-09, 05:16 PM
Just promise yourself one thing-whatever your job is, DO IT and be proud. Don't ever say "I was going to be ______" or "What I really wanted was _______" Go big and don't look back..

saltyone
01-16-09, 05:40 PM
CE is a pretty damn good MOS. It's always fun to blow sh*t up...and they do plenty. Over in Kosovo, they actually stayed ahead of us a little just to clear out all the mines. We would have been up a...

PaidinBlood
01-16-09, 05:48 PM
For sure. Not knocking them, by the way. NO MATTER YOUR ULTIMATE JOB, take pride. Do it and live it. Took me a while to grow up and recognize the importance of a job well done, regardless of MOS or billet assignment.

Domion
01-16-09, 07:05 PM
I will take pride in my work thats just how I was always raised.Like I said though I wanted to do both I kinda had a feeling infantry would be filled so i was content with CE. I do have a question though.. My friend was a CE and he was telling me that they rode with the Infantry guys alot and they helped with patrols and such. Is this true?

PaidinBlood
01-16-09, 07:09 PM
Everyone will tell you different on this because everyone's experiences were different. I would say don't listen to anyone because the "situation dictates" I know 1371s who were rolling with 03 squads and ****ing **** up. there are plenty who did gay stuff too. be prepared for both.

Domion
01-16-09, 07:17 PM
Yes sir thanks for the info. I kinda thought that I just cant wait to get on that island. I'm sure I'll be thinking differently during receiving haha. Another quick question I know you get 10 days leave after boot but does that include travel or do they give you extra day for traveling?

kaboom1371
01-17-09, 09:36 AM
not all Engineers go to CEB. You can get sent to "swing with the wing" I did my 5 years between 1st and 3rd CEB.

We are an attachment with the grunts. sometimes we rolled with them, sometimes we had our own agenda. We were never really attached to any certain group of grunts. Meaning one minute we were with Charlie and the next minute with Bravo. just where ever you are needed at the time. Other times we where hooked with STA or RECON. Hell I even spent some time with PSYOPS, Hung with some SEALS in Honduras. We go everywhere and do everything...

Domion
01-17-09, 08:10 PM
Thank you for all the info sir. I'm just really excited with everything I've always wanted to be a Marine and this is all very exciting to me. So whatever the Corps has me doing will be a honor.