PDA

View Full Version : MOS question

Palomba
01-15-09, 03:26 PM
I am in the DEP, i leave June 22nd for San Diego. I was given the mos of fire direction and control, I really really wanted Infantry. Can i change this without my recruiter flipping **** on me? i had infantry down as my 1st choice but got my second. And i was really hoping to get into infantry. I have great line scores and a good asvab score.. Im in great shape and working to running a perfect PFT in hopes of doing recon.

Now if i go in as my arty mos, can i change to Infantry later?

rvillac2
01-15-09, 04:29 PM
Now if i go in as my arty mos, can i change to Infantry later?
No.

Enigmatic
01-15-09, 05:38 PM
I'm so sick of poolees saying they really really want infantry, but when told all slots are full they're not willing to wait for one....so how badly do you really want it then?

Palomba
01-15-09, 07:18 PM
I was not given an option to wait.. im asking if i can tell my recruiter its what i want. Then shipout when there ready for me. I was told i got 1 of me choices, and dident get to pick the one i wanted right out.

saltyone
01-15-09, 07:34 PM
This seems to be a common theme. Hell, there should be a separate board just for guys that want infantry and are told they can't get it.

There is another thread on here somewhere that has 0861 in the title. Read what's there and follow the advice.

Sgt Leprechaun
01-15-09, 10:18 PM
I was not given an option to wait.. im asking if i can tell my recruiter its what i want. Then shipout when there ready for me. I was told i got 1 of me choices, and dident get to pick the one i wanted right out.

This is your first warning....your spelling stinks like old feet after a 10 mile road march. Clean it the frack up. Go back and read the rules for poolees and posting regarding this particular issue. I shouldn't have to try and decipher texting code, poor English skills and laziness when reading a post.

Marine84
01-16-09, 08:06 AM
That's why they give you CHOICES Doofus!

LISTEN UP POOLEES!!!! When you are given CHOICES, make sure they are CHOICES that you reallllllllllllly want and don't b!tch, cry, moan or groan if you don't get the first one.

E6Meat
01-16-09, 05:00 PM
Go tell your recruiter that you would like infantry if it opens up for the month that you are suppose to ship to bootcamp, it does effect anything with his job to switch your job as long as you leave for bootcamp when you are suppose to leave. Does that answer your question?

PaidinBlood
01-16-09, 05:08 PM
I'm so sick of poolees saying they really really want infantry, but when told all slots are full they're not willing to wait for one....so how badly do you really want it then?

Hell yeah-good call. You guys need to put up or shut up. You will wait no further than a new fiscal year to get these jobs. That is really not too far, but you are either

a) too short sighted to wait for what you want
b) being a little wimp and preparing your excuse for when grunts pick on
you in the fleet. instead of manning up and being proud of your
contribution to the Corps you will cry "my recruiter fvcked me over"

You are all the same and you all need to grow up. Pound sand