PDA

View Full Version : Tricare-for-Life on new OMB Chopping Block

fontman
01-14-09, 08:07 PM
Below summarizes what Obama has in plan for us retirees; request widest dissemination!:mad:

Semper Fidelis,
font

Patriots, Patriettes and friends -- I am going to send this around until you get off of your butts and contact your representatives. I cannot express the importance of this bill. They want to take money out of all of our pockets and like someone below said, give it to the illegals for their health care. I don't know about you but that ****es me off since we fought for this country and many of us shed blood for it. These politicians couldn't care less about us and maybe it will do no good whatsoever to contact them. But by God I will have my satisfaction of knowing that I at least tried to do something about it and didn't sit on my apathetic butt and let it happen. This is important and it will take about ten minutes out of your busy day to send to your three representatives.

Semper Fi,
MSgt John Cooney USMC (ret)
1006 Oak Dr, Jacksonville NC 28546
910 455-1353, cell 910 381-1353

---

Subject: Tricare-for-Life on OMB Chopping Block

If you know of anyone who is Retired Military, please forward this on to them.

I don't know how many of you partake of the Tricare-for-Life program but here is a very interesting note on the subject. Seems as though our President-elect has placed a priority on cutting it out of the budget as a means to provide funding for those things he promised during the campaign. In any case, on page 189 of the Congressional Budget Office report, there is a strong recommendation to eventually eliminate the program as it is too expensive. I would ask that you contact your elected officials and register your strong opposition to the elimination of this program. Just another move to slight those of us who dedicated much of our adult lives to the defense of our country. Thanks for listening.

Heads-up from BG Bob Clements, USAF Ret (P38 Bob)

---

The following has been added to the Congressional Budget Office Web Site for those who have never opened one of these web sites from OMB :

"Now here it is folks and I will guarantee if you sit around on your behind and do nothing about it as they bring these options forward this coming year, you will lose one of the best healthcare benefits that the Medicare eligible retired military have. It is short of the promises made that we fought so hard for back in the late 90s and early 2000s but it is still the best healthcare program that anyone in the United States has, bar none. People who are professionals always look for the channel of least resistance when it comes to cutting money out of the Federal and DOD budget. I can tell you this straight on, military retirees are one of those channels of least resistance noted for sitting around, doing nothing, and waiting for ole Joe to do it for them. You had better wake up. Your medical benefits are prime target. If you lose them, you have nobody to blame but yourself. Let me repea tthat... you have nobody to blame but yourself. The way to secure your benefits is to write to your members of Congress and to keep writing and writing and writing. ONCE IS NOT ENOUGH!! Keep repeating the above statement until you are blue in the face. Now I'm going to make one more statement to all of you younger people out there who are not yet eligible for Tricare for Life.

HEALTH CARE WILL EVENTUALLY BECOME THE DOMINATING FACTOR IN YOUR LIFE. Remember that...it will impact you big time with the utmost in cruelty unless you are fortunate enough to die from a heart attack...or get run over by a truck. Now, I am going to say AGAIN exactly what OMB has in store for military retirees using TFL. This source is directly from OMB and is not something that I have dreamed up. They are telling you exactly what they are going to do with your benefits. If you do nothing, this is what you will get. The service organizations will put up a fight and are aware of this and will put up a fight but, they will need your help and can't do it by themselves. I hope this makes it clear as to what you can expect if you do nothing.

--- A footnote: BG Bob Clement is known with affection as"P38bob". He flew P38s inWWII. He was one of the stalwart warriors that led effectively from the front when the hard battles were being fought to bring Tricare for Life to reality. I was honored and pleased to be a player in that effort by following P38 Bob's lead. (in those days I was known as MilVet99)

MilVets: it looks like we will again be confronted by the 'attack of the beancounters' who, by and large, wouldn't know (and probably never will know) genuine unselfish service to our country and are solely motivated by crunching numbers so that those numbers will reflect favorably on their bosses and their boss's causes. They have no thought to the havoc they would cause... in many cases the loss of any amount of TFL benefits would be a an insurmountable hardship... and to some it would truly be a death sentence. It is well that we gear up for the fight now. As P38Bob says, we must write, write, write and write. Once is not enough! In time I will be preparing letters for your use in writing to your elected officials and submitting them to the TREA Membership, and to others who may want to join the fight. Them Beancounters haven't seen anything until they've see a united and angered group of MilVets. Lets do it and git 'er done!!!

Your comments and inquiries are welcome.

Fred Langston
President (2008), Legislative Affairs Chair, Greater San Diego Chapter 128
The Retired Enlisted Association (TREA)
fglangston@yahoo.com

Allmarine21
01-15-09, 07:13 AM
This is bull****. I just sent my congressman an email and I strongly request that all military , retired, active duty write their elected officials.