PDA

View Full Version : An army of one and his 50 fiancées

MillRatUSMC
06-14-03, 11:39 PM
An army of one and his 50 fiancées

Times reports on colonel who lured women he met via web
MSNBC

June 11 — While Col. Kassem Saleh was stationed in Afghanistan, he had plenty of support from back home. He could count on emails, letters and phone calls from his women — more than 50 fiancées who he met through Internet dating services. Now these women, recently clued in to his "chronic courting," want the Army to take action, according to a report in Wednesday's New York Times.

`He wrote better than Yeats. He wrote better than Shakespeare. He totally intoxicated you with his feelings: "Oh, baby, I want to tell you how much I miss you." "I can't wait to get home to you.'"
— ROBIN SOLOD
One of Saleh's fiancee*********
FOR YEARS, according to some of the women, Saleh met women through Web sites like tallpersonals.com, match.com and christiansingles.com. What ensued were flowery emails,
letters and satellite telephone calls from his bases in Afghanistan.

A member of the Army's 18th Airborne Corps at Fort Bragg,
N.C., Col. Saleh headed reconstruction and humanitarian efforts for the U.S.-led military operations in Afghanistan, Army spokesman Col. Roger King, told the Times.

The women want the Army to punish Saleh and according to King,
the Army is investigating the matter, the Times reported.

His scheme fell apart this spring when a local Washington
television station broadcast a story about a woman who was engaged to Saleh. MSNBC.com's local news Web site picked up the story and other women who thought they were Saleh's betrothed called the television station.
TRACKING DOWN THE TRUTH**
Solod read the news story on the Internet and tracked down
Saleh's "fiancée" in Washington despite his denials that he and the woman were "just friends." Solod discovered that the two were indeed involved, an exposure that has deeply hurt the many women who thought they were soon headed down the aisle, according to the report.

According to some of the women, not even the sappy emails were
unique. Saleh would reuse emails he received from his women and
forward them to many others.

In one e-mail message that the New York Times said Solod
supplied, he wrote: "You are my world, my life, my love and my
universe. It's like my mother used to say to me in Arabic when I was a little boy. Yi Yunni (my eyes), Ya hyyetti (my love), Ya elbee (my heart), and Ya umree (my life). She used to sing it to me so I would fall asleep in our one-bedroom apartment in the slums of Brooklyn."

"We are not a group of stupid, naïve women," Sarah Calder, 33,
told the Times. "We are bright, intellectual, professional women. I
can't tell you how much he wooed us with his words. He made us feel like goddesses, fairy princesses, Cinderellas. We had all found our Superman, our knight in shining armor."*

Now a question;
How did the old boy keep them seperated in his mind?
One or two maybe but 50 is an insanity.
IMHO
Unless there's money involved, I see this as bad judgement in an Army Officer.
He wanted to start his own Army...LMAO

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

PS
Saleh, 50, has been in the Army for 29 years and is the primary staff officer for the civil affairs section of the 18th Airborne Corps. He returned to Fort Bragg in May after leading reconstruction and humanitarian operations in Afghanistan.

Saleh, who has declined to be interviewed, is at worst guilty of a technical violation of Army regulations regarding conduct unbecoming of an officer.
The lawyer representing the officer said he did not believe Saleh had committed a crime.
``Although hurting someone's feelings is not a good idea, it's not a crime,''

"At worst, this would be a technical violation of the Uniform Code of Military Justice Article 133," he said.
Article 133 refers to conduct unbecoming of an officer. The Army could dismiss Saleh from the service, and he would lose his pension, his lawyer said.

Saleh had been separated from his wife since 1998 and that the two planned to divorce.
My note ;
Wonder Why?

Devildogg4ever
06-15-03, 05:46 AM
Looks like Slick Willy had some competion while he was in office! This guy, Col. Kassem Saleh, did more damage. He broke all those hearts. (50 or more) All Slick Willy did was to break 1 heart, **** off 1 heart, and ruin a perfectly good dress! Of course, Slick was a more into your face, kinda guy!! :)