PDA

View Full Version : MCL Reno Nevada area

nvusmcsgt
01-13-09, 04:46 PM
If you live in the Reno area and are interested in joining the MCL let me know. I am a very new member and have a lot of good ideas. We could really use some young guys in there like myself who really want to do some good things. Besides it is a cool place to talk to some of the Ol WWII guys.

Justin Brandenburg
Sgt. USMC (veteran)
justinbrandenburg@sbcglobal.net

nvusmcsgt
01-19-09, 10:57 AM
We are working on getting our website up and running very shortly. We also get to sell beer at the Reno Air Races every year for one of the local restaruants. It is really cool because you get to see all of the airplanes up close.

nvusmcsgt
02-06-09, 02:59 PM
Has anyone else had a hard time dealing with MCL National about their not so good website? I cannot get them to help me fix our address so that people can find us using the search function.

nvusmcsgt
02-12-09, 04:38 PM
Well we have voted to officially start building our Detachment web site. It is going to be sweet. It will really help us to get out and touch people as well as a good advertising platform for donations, and showing people the great things that we do. I will send a link as soon as we go live.

Dan_Mills
03-16-09, 12:06 PM
"Has anyone else had a hard time dealing with MCL National about their not so good website? I cannot get them to help me fix our address so that people can find us using the search function. " National's website sucks for the most part. Alot of the information up there is embeded information that comes from your installation reports and tranmittal forms. Your Commandant has been given a password which is necessary to access your Detachment's "Official" homepage. If that password isn't know, your Commandant can request a new one via the webmaster and it will be sent to him by snail mail. They have been trying to get these issues straightened out now for about 3 years or so I'm told. Before large changes can be made to National's website there are certain contract issues to be resolved.

nvusmcsgt
03-16-09, 02:12 PM
We sent National a request over two months ago and we still have not heard anything from them. I finally have our search function working, but we still have not gotten the information on changing over the web sergeant. O well, we now have our own website to use. I will keep our info updated on National site but we will do our business on our new site.
Justin

nvusmcsgt
05-04-09, 04:49 PM
Okay the new Detachment web site is up. Please take a moment to stop by and take a look. Any comments would be great. As we start getting more pictures and events coming up we will add those pages. Enjoy

www.battlebornmarines.com (http://www.battlebornmarines.com)

Kice
05-12-09, 10:23 AM
Morning Sgt, I am Lcpl Kice, was a medsep last year, and am trying to get a med waiver to get back, the army wants me but I feel like I still belong in the marine corps. but seeing is how I cant get back then I want to help anyway I can. please send me some info to my email, strangesomething@gmail.com

thanks

Kice

nvusmcsgt
05-12-09, 02:05 PM
Morning Sgt, I am Lcpl Kice, was a medsep last year, and am trying to get a med waiver to get back, the army wants me but I feel like I still belong in the marine corps. but seeing is how I cant get back then I want to help anyway I can. please send me some info to my email, strangesomething@gmail.com

thanks

Kice
I sent you an email.
Semper Fi

nvusmcsgt
07-28-09, 03:38 PM
Well I am off to Rochester Minn next week to attend the MCL National Convention. Our detachment is bidding on the 2011 National convention so I will be there to give a presentation to the membership on Thursday Aug 6 at the bussiness session. After the presentations are done there will be a vote on where everyone would like to go in 2011. I hope to see a lot of people there. Keep Reno Nevada in mind, we have a lot of great things to do here. If anyone is going to be in Rochester send me a message. I like meeting new people, plus it is nice to have a face with the name.
Semper Fi.