PDA

View Full Version : Okinawa life?

AbSofSteeL
01-13-09, 03:44 PM
I've been very curious as to what life is like on base in okinawa. Whats the daily routine likewhen you arent working? Is it enjoyable? Is there curfew and how are the girls? Also can you go to other partds of japan and how long are tours for the most part?

Quinbo
01-13-09, 04:06 PM
Okinawa is Japans Hawaii.

rvillac2
01-13-09, 04:37 PM
Marine84, UP!

AbSofSteeL
01-13-09, 04:53 PM
Thanks lol. One problem. Never been to Hawaii. Im guessing its tropical?

Enigmatic
01-13-09, 05:20 PM
Okinawa was the SHIZNIT! Of course, I was a Lance Cooley, living out in town in Okinawa City, right by Gate 2 Street and Kadena. So life was good for me....I stayed out there for about 2 and a half years from 04-06. Was originally only supposed to do a one-year tour then PCS to Goodfellow AFB but I stuck around another year after I knocked up my girl....
I was stationed on Foster but I had buddies on Kinser, Courtney and Hansen so I made it out to those camps whenever I could. I got there right before they instituted the whole "red card" policy, a lot of junior Marines despise that rule but too many service members were messing things up for all of us, I guess.
I could tell you more, but how the heck do you even know you're ever going there???

AbSofSteeL
01-13-09, 05:30 PM
Im just super curious I selected overseas preference a few days ago and my recruiter was like "are you sure?" which put a ton of thoughts in my head. Whats a red card policy? And back to the female question how are they looking? It may seem shallow but I want to know just in case I end up there for the most fertile years of my life! Sounds like you had a ton of fun! Write anything you would have wanted to know before you went! Please Mr. Marine!

Phantom Blooper
01-13-09, 05:40 PM
Go to Chinatown in New York and tie a bag of rotten fish heads on your back.....put some good rot gut beer....warm...and a bottle of sake under one arm and one of those women on your other arm and go to a cheap hotel and shiat on the deck and you will be in reminiscence of Okinawa....

Great stuff!:beer:

:evilgrin:

Enigmatic
01-13-09, 05:49 PM
Im just super curious I selected overseas preference a few days ago and my recruiter was like "are you sure?" which put a ton of thoughts in my head. Whats a red card policy? And back to the female question how are they looking? It may seem shallow but I want to know just in case I end up there for the most fertile years of my life! Sounds like you had a ton of fun! Write anything you would have wanted to know before you went! Please Mr. Marine!

Mr. Marine?? And how the hell can you select "overseas preference" when you haven't even been to boot camp yet? You don't even have an MOS yet!

The Okinawan girls look just like Japanese girls....well actually there are subtle differences, but to the untrained eye if you've seen a Japanese girl or two then you know what to expect. Not my cup of tea. They've got gorgeous faces but no bodies to speak of. There's also female service members (female Marines, AF chicks, Navy chicks, etc.) and female dependants (stay away from these).

Red Card policy basically means all junior Marines must be on base by midnight. You're issued a red card. Some commands give you a gold card (allowing you off base after midnight) if you prove yourself to be a trustworthy individual.

Quinbo
01-14-09, 01:31 PM
Did 2 rounds on Hansen, 1 round on schwab and one round on courtney (fapped to camp guard for 6 months. Don't do it). There is very little contact with the natives and the buy me drinkie girls are mostly from the philipenes. You will see the grass ninjas but they are mostly old ladies dressed like they are taking a trip to the himilayas. Scarves and coats and gloves when it is 100 degrees and 100% humidity out there cutting the grass with weed eaters.

SGT7477
01-14-09, 02:01 PM
Okinawa, the best vacation I ever had,lol.