PDA

View Full Version : Signing for your MOS... When/where does this takes place?

Tolerance
01-12-09, 11:56 AM
whats up Marines... I'm heading to MEPS this week and I'm curious as to when/where I sign for my MOS I want.

(I have a history of recruiters lying to me... this is only some of it http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76878 )

Now I've been told you choose it AT MEPS, but my recruiter said something about "every poolee signs an open contract at MEPS and you choose your MOS afterwards here at the recruiter's office".................

It's the first time I heard of this, that's why I want to make sure I know what I'm doing and don't end up with the short stick again. :scared:

(IDK if it matters... but I'm shooting for 0231.)

rvillac2
01-12-09, 12:54 PM
You may or may not sign a contract with an assigned MOS field when you first DEP in. However, the only OFFICIAL and binding MOS promise is on the contract that you sign on the day you ship out and enter active service.

A lot of poolees sign an open contract as they DEP, figure out what they want while in DEP, and sign the official contract with the MOS on it on the day they ship. Other poolees are able to decide and obtain their MOS field on their DEP contract and it doesn't change.
However, in every case, the only MOS field that can be promised to you will be on the contract you sign when you ship out.

Is that clear enough?

Tolerance
01-12-09, 12:58 PM
You may or may not sign a contract with an assigned MOS field when you first DEP in. However, the only OFFICIAL and binding MOS promise is on the contract that you sign on the day you ship out and enter active service.

A lot of poolees sign an open contract as they DEP, figure out what they want while in DEP, and sign the official contract with the MOS on it on the day they ship. Other poolees are able to decide and obtain their MOS field on their DEP contract and it doesn't change.
However, in every case, the only MOS field that can be promised to you will be on the contract you sign when you ship out.

Is that clear enough?

that just made it clearer than water. THANK YOU!!! :D