PDA

View Full Version : Problem about pushing up ship date.

MGarrison
01-12-09, 07:24 AM
Hi, this is technically my first post, so here it goes. When I first signed my contract to ship 20090623 I was currently enrolled at Marina High and my graduation date was to be in June, so naturally I was to ship in June. Due to unforseen family issues though, constant attendance was not possible, so I transferred to HB Adult, which allowed me to take home packets and turn them in once a week for credits. On this course though, I am set to graduate with my diploma less than two weeks from now. Hearing that, I contacted my recruiter and asked her if I could push up my ship date. She told me that the only way that she could guarantee me a sooner ship date would be if I were to change my MOS field from 03xx to something else. She told me if I wanted to stay an 03xx though, she would keep pushing for me to go to boot camp sooner, but there was no guarantee. Is it likely that I will be able to go sooner, or does this sort of thing not happen very often? I realy want to be an 03xx, but I don't relish the idea of sticking around for another 5 months.

TJR1070
01-12-09, 07:49 AM
If you really want to be an 03 then hold out and chances are that you will ship before your scheduled date in June, however that wouldn't be guaranteed and you may be required to ship with really short notice. On the other hand if you are interested in other MOS' then your recruiter may be able to give you a sooner date to ship and you may have advance knowledge of what that date would be. Everything is subject to change, I was supposed to ship in March '89 and my recruiter called me about a week before Christmas and told me I was shipping on Dec. 27th '88. I got my trash together and was transported to Parris Island S.C. 12/27/88. Best thing that ever happened, probably kept me from getting in trouble that last few months.

MGarrison
01-12-09, 07:57 AM
Thank you for your reply. I intend to stick with 03xx, wait, and hope for the best. I hadn't known that infantry was in such high a demand that I couldn't push up my ship date at all. It does make sense now that i think about it more, but I was still astounded when I was told this.

Achped
01-21-09, 08:27 AM
Wow you are actually a legitimate poolee huh? Sorry for being all paranoid...but thats just too weird.

MGarrison
01-21-09, 05:45 PM
Thanks, yeah I guess I just got lucky. Didn't mean to freak you out sir.