PDA

View Full Version : Whats the right MOS?

kingsolomon13
01-11-09, 02:57 PM
I have this crazy-ass dream of becoming President of the United States. My recruiter says I should stick to being a musician in the Corps becuase its a career path and ive already passed the band audition. If i were to follow this crazy dream of mine however, what whould be the best MOS? I scored a 96 on the "practice" ASVAB i took in my recruiters office if that helps.

rvillac2
01-11-09, 04:05 PM
This can't be a real question. No profile, either.

kingsolomon13
01-11-09, 04:32 PM
Sorry, maybe the president thing was a little out there, maybe like just politics in general. Im updating my profile too.

PaidinBlood
01-11-09, 04:41 PM
Don't know the MOS code, but ask your recruiter about becoming a community organizer.....

Isrowei
01-11-09, 04:49 PM
LOL

Are you a Democrat or Republican?

If you're a Democrat, go to school and become a lawyer. Sue a lot of people, the go into politics.

If you're a Republican, get involved in politics via internship at the local and work to the state level. When you make it to a state governor position, you'll be poised for a shot at the Presidency.

None of those things has ANYTHING to do with the Marine Corps. If you want to be a Marine... be a Marine. Worry about the other stuff afterwards. Novody will care what your MOS was when you make it into politics. If it's mentioned at all... it'll just be that you were a Marine. Period.

PaidinBlood
01-11-09, 04:59 PM
Begging the Sir's pardon, but should our friend the wise King Solomon (are you freaking kidding me?) become a serious contender for the future POTUS everything will become suspect. The media will dig up every last $hitbird with whom he served to collect dirt on him. His SRB will be blown up poster size and posted along every major highway in these United States for the public to scrutinize. Even the SodexHo guy who drooled in his fries at the chowhall will be on national TV talking about him. What a nightmare! :D

PaidinBlood
01-11-09, 05:01 PM
Seriously, though, if you really want to be a politician just go to college. You will blend in and it will be much easier to lie about later. (Just don't inhale.) Please don't drag our Corps through the circus... I really wouldn't want to serve with someone who was just trying to round out their political profile like a modern day Kerry.

Or you could go grunt and try to make yourself look like a hero later. I've seen it done...a lot!

outlaw3179
01-11-09, 05:05 PM
lol..just be a 03. Worlds finest. Worry about becoming president later.

richerich
01-11-09, 08:37 PM
lol..just be a 03. Worlds finest. Worry about becoming president later.

Yeah, be an 03 (Infantry) Officer, then it's a straight shot to the White House.