PDA

View Full Version : New Combat Mission Shock Force Demo, Now with Marines

thedrifter
01-11-09, 07:44 AM
New Combat Mission Shock Force Demo, Now with Marines

Matt Peckham

Jan 9, 2009 12:09 pm

Can't get enough Generation Kill? Want to take "The Few, The Proud" for a spin? Wondering if wargame developer Battlefront fixed Combat Mission Shock Force's recent performance issues with their latest v1.11 patch?

I can't promise all three, because I'm still having trouble with that last one myself (my source thinks it's an NVIDIA driver issue). But if you're comfortable with a little frame chop and generally care more about squad-level tactics and modern asymmetric warfare (say, in a hypothetical US-Syrian matchup) then the new demo's packing dozens of major refinements (including the return of the storied "blue bar") and more for the sampling.

Demo features:

- Includes three scenarios which can be played as either US or Syrian

- Includes a fourth scenario, "Demo Training" which was designed to only be played from the US perspective

- All multiplayer modes are active (TCP-IP, PBEM, Hotseat)

- You can access the full Game Editor, but the save function is disabled.

- The original full game manual is included as a pdf file

- The demo scenarios are only in English. See Game Language Info below for more details on how to play these battles in other languages.

With these scenarios:

- Demo Training, a small training scenario designed to familiarize new players to Combat Mission before engaging in "real" combat. (Blue play only)

- Smashing Steel: A Syrian mechanized force heads south as an American Stryker and tank force heads north. (Battle begins before dawn in the dark, but as time progresses and the sun rises, visibility and lighting will increase)

- Going to Town: Stryker infantry mix it up with the Syrian forces as they enter a small town.

- USMC Going to Town: Marines combined arms force fights it out with a Syrian force in a small town. The battlefield is the same as the Stryker based Going to Town scenario in order to highlight the differences between the units in each.

Semper Fi? See for yourself. Here's the demo info page. The download's roughly 319MB.

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=31&Itemid=80

Ellie