PDA

View Full Version : MECEP Program

wbpowers
01-10-09, 09:57 PM
Are there any Marines on the forums who went through this program? I've heard different things about it concerning the rank requirement. Some say you have to be a Corporal or above and others say there is no requirement. I was just looking for a definitive answer. I'm a PFC right now and I have two years of college under my belt.

wbpowers
01-11-09, 06:32 PM
Are you a Marine? If not than why would I listen to a word you say concerning an organization you're not a part of. I specifically asked for an answer from a Marine who knows first hand about the MECEP program, not a poolee.

commdog7
01-11-09, 06:47 PM
I have done a little research into the MECEP program myself a while back, I'm 90% sure you have to be a Cpl to do it. If you get 75 credits and you are a Cpl, you can go reserve officer and finish out the rest of college after becoming an officer- which is another option. But if you wanted to be an active duty officer, I think you have to be a Cpl to do the MECEP thing, best thing to do is ask your career planner, he can give you the specifics.

KyleS333
01-11-09, 10:26 PM
Because iv looked at all the information about MECEP because once i get all the qualifications i going into the program. Also you need a asvab score of 74 and an ACT of Math and English of 45, or so ive been told my Marines and read in the job books

bekster2008
01-11-09, 10:42 PM
Kyle, the ACT does not even go to 45...I took it and got a 29 last year and the top score you get is a 36.

KyleS333
01-11-09, 10:47 PM
no a math and English score combined to 45

commdog7
01-11-09, 10:54 PM
Poolees, no matter how much you want to be Marines, you are not Marines! Your word is not credible here, therefore stay out of this discussion. There is a poolee area for you to mingle, why don't you go there. You can come back when you earn the title.

DocGreek
01-11-09, 11:46 PM
I want to put this as nicely as possible. If you graduated Marine Boot Camp, and "earned", your E.G.A., you're a MARINE! If you do not want to be on the front lines, and would rather be a typist, a bugle player, or a barber....TOUGH SH YT! Your ignorance, of what the PRIMARY mission of a MARINE, is.......whose fault is that? You VOLUNTEERED, NOW ACCEPT YOUR DUTY, AND CARRY IT OUT! AND....STOP WHINING!!....You WILL be....ALWAYS FAITHFUL.....Doc Greek

SemperYut
01-19-09, 08:35 PM
the answers to your questions are produced by the MARADMIN. every year they republish the specifics on MECEP requirements and the list of who was accepted that year. quick hint : although there is no rank requirement; don't expect to get accepted as a PFC. you are competing against hundreds possibly thousands of marines who have done some pretty outstanding ****. believe it or not, even SNCO's have applied for MECEP; mostly CPL's and SGT's though.

saltyone
01-19-09, 09:02 PM
I want to put this as nicely as possible. If you graduated Marine Boot Camp, and "earned", your E.G.A., you're a MARINE! If you do not want to be on the front lines, and would rather be a typist, a bugle player, or a barber....TOUGH SH YT! Your ignorance, of what the PRIMARY mission of a MARINE, is.......whose fault is that? You VOLUNTEERED, NOW ACCEPT YOUR DUTY, AND CARRY IT OUT! AND....STOP WHINING!!....You WILL be....ALWAYS FAITHFUL.....Doc Greek

Doc...my friend, are you having a bad day?

devildog85
03-21-09, 10:03 PM
Is there anyone here that has experience with MECEP packages?

DIBLO7
03-22-09, 01:15 AM
I'm currently a MECEP student at the University of Idaho.

To answer your question no, there is no rank requirement for MECEP. The MCO states that there is, however, the annual MARADMIN overrides the MCO. Paragraph 6.B. says there is no rank requirement. Look at MARADMIN 270/08 or 191/07 for some old examples. It could change in the future but it has been this way for a few years.

Finally, like was posted above your probably wasting your time attempting to put in a package before you've been a Corporal or a Sergeant for a while because MECEP is a very competitive program and if you haven't been around for a while your command cant say to much about you. Also, if you haven't led how can your recommendation letters say you'll be a great leader? Just my .02.

jackson07
03-22-09, 04:13 AM
Random fact, a Lance was accepted last year.

telly141
04-14-10, 11:06 AM
Are you a Marine? If not than why would I listen to a word you say concerning an organization you're not a part of. I specifically asked for an answer from a Marine who knows first hand about the MECEP program, not a poolee.

in the last mecep 2009 , i saw a lcpl join in mecep program.

jackson07
04-14-10, 11:59 AM
Way to dig up a thread over a year old.

gwamo1
04-14-10, 01:39 PM
I attended the MASP (Military Academic Skills Preperation) course here, and they told us the statistics for who got accepted, and I believe it was 2 or 3 Lances...

Katzman
04-19-10, 05:50 PM
If you read the yearly MARADMIN you will see that any rank may apply.

hbharrison
04-19-10, 06:25 PM

Holy smoke DOC thanks had no words till you said'um THANKS:thumbup::iwo: