PDA

View Full Version : MCI Online

DarrinC
01-10-09, 06:18 AM
I just got promoted to Lance Corporal yesterday and I'm not wasting anytime getting started on picking up Corporal.

So I already ordered my Terrorism Awareness, Marine Financial Management, and my Leading Marines MCI. On MarineNet I started a Terrorism Awareness class on there and it basically looks like the same info that I got on the hard copy red book.

I just wanted to know if I finished the MarineNet class and went and took a proctored test would that count for my MCI?

Thanks in Advance,
Claude

1topher
01-10-09, 06:38 AM
its a pain getting marine net and mci switched over---- i did about 10 marine net classes at mos school---I stopped trying to get them to count for mci's I just re-took them --like math for marines and a few others=

osborned
04-03-09, 12:46 AM
There's only so many MarineNet courses that count as MCI's, and there's a list of them in the Course Catalog. However, there are a bunch of UNPROCTORED exams on MarineNet that count for self-education promotion points. I've done six this week. Go to the section marked Self-Education Points and examine the course details to see if its proctored or not.

BR34
04-03-09, 08:16 AM
There's only so many MarineNet courses that count as MCI's, and there's a list of them in the Course Catalog. However, there are a bunch of UNPROCTORED exams on MarineNet that count for self-education promotion points. I've done six this week. Go to the section marked Self-Education Points and examine the course details to see if its proctored or not.

Where is this section? I can't find it.

BR34
04-03-09, 08:19 AM
Are they the ones that have "Bonus Points: 15" in the description?

osborned
04-03-09, 09:34 AM
That's them. The details will also say whether it needs a proctor or not. You're looking for ones that say "No Online Test Content" or something similar.

BR34
04-03-09, 11:30 AM
Yea, I found em. Did 2 of em. Do they actually post in the system and show up as points towards your Comp. Score?

osborned
04-03-09, 12:59 PM
Yes, but it takes a couple days to propagate over to MOL. It will show up on the Education page, under the MCI section. They're treated just like MCI's. They'll also show up on your SMART transcript if you're set up with that. https://smart.navy.mil . They're not worth college credit but its good to know you've punched the tickets.