PDA

View Full Version : Question For You All

Roberto T. Cast
06-13-03, 10:43 PM
Why is it that our children can't read a Bible in school, but they can in prison?

Would like to hear your comments.

Barrio_rat
06-14-03, 01:54 AM
My kid does read the Bible in school... 'course it costs me $215 a month.. But maybe it will help to keep her from ending up reading one in prison...

Devildogg4ever
06-14-03, 02:22 AM
Some people (I'm being nice!) don't want the Church (religion) and the State mixed. That is their excuse, but at the same time, this country was built, rights given, and laws made with God in mind. What gets me is some say we can't force their child to except God, and or religion beliefs. I agree, but don't stop someone elses child that does! That parent that doesn't want their child subject to it, shouldn't be able to stop the majority! Their child can exclude themselves at that time. :mad:

You are so right , Barrio_rat. You have your child headed in the right direction, and the way life is today, we have to give our children more of a fighting chance then when we were children! :banana:

That last part makes me feel ancient! Semper Fi! :)

Barndog
06-14-03, 05:25 AM
I listen to my Daughter - who openly complains the school programs are being cut, while the Teachers are getting training cut. More money is being spent for sports programs and administration costs than on the children who need it the most.
She is a Junior, made the Honor Roll (past 2 semesters) - and has the same ADHD as I have. I gave her the tools to fight for her rights, the tools to stand up and speak up - clearly, effectively, and the motivation to do so.

The problem IS: the parents who just want to sit back and believe that schools are the babysitters for their kids - because they are just too busy to deal with their children like good parents are supposed too. ( seen this phenomena on the news anywhere??)

As far as religion in school - One's individual right to expression of God (as you or I determine our understanding of him/her- or whatever God may be) is guaranteed in the Constitution. Therefore, IF anyone decides to pray in school, there should NOT be any issue. It becomes an issue when someone openly forces the issue upon MY child or YOUR child. Whether that be another child - administrator - or lawmaker or WHOEVER!!!!

If someone gets offended, I say too bad. Get over yourselves.

Last time I checked, this was still a free country, and I am still a United States Marine. My Daughter is the Child of a Marine. She handles herself accordingly - as do I.

Semper Fidelis - To the Corps

Devildogg4ever
06-14-03, 06:07 AM
The problem IS: the parents who just want to sit back and believe that schools are the babysitters for their kids - because they are just too busy to deal with their children like good parents are supposed too.

You hit the nail on the head with that, Barndog! It also aplies to so many other things in society, too. That is why these things are changed! (I call it the Poo Poo, Goody goody syndrome!) These same things were alright for us, yet not them. At the same time they change these different traditions, laws, ect., society keeps getting worse, and they don't know why?? I run into a shrink they other day at the grocery store, and when I told him that our family eats meals together and so on, he tripped out! Said that wasn't the norm for the average family anymore! I feel for the younger generation!!

SHOOTER1
06-14-03, 11:35 AM
Yup,God,Guts,and Guns,gave us our country,may have to do so again,Seems to me the schools are concentrating on the sports so that a few who cant think,but are athleticly inclined,can go on to colliage,while the few who really want an education,are seeing huge cuts in the education programs,and whats wrong with saying the pledge of alligeance,with the word God in it,as was said,those that dont believe can decline,but why cant they allow those that do ,to do so, seems like a double standard,and gitting worse, Im stopping now,before I go on a rant,this is one of my pet peeves.:o

Sgt Sostand
06-14-03, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Roberto T. Cast
Why is it that our children can't read a Bible in school, but they can in prison?

Would like to hear your comments.

Cause their to many people that come here to the USA with rights and they pass laws for the remove the Bible from school. and when their kids get in trouble and Face the Chair they call on god but it kinda to late for that . i cant think of one Marine that dont believe god :marine: (can u)

Devildogg4ever
06-14-03, 02:07 PM
Marines fear only God, no others! Well, really, that depends on what my wife has in her hands at the time! ;) I figure, if we only fear God, we must believe. :)

SHOOTER1
06-14-03, 06:01 PM
Thats cause thier aint no athiest in foxholes,you learn that first hand,in Nam.:D

arzach
06-14-03, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Devildogg4ever
Marines fear only God, no others! Well, really, that depends on what my wife has in her hands at the time! ;) I figure, if we only fear God, we must believe. :)

Skillets hurt, but rollin' pins is worse!...I can't believe the 'resident' athiests ain't come out squealin'...

Like yer point DD4ever..