PDA

View Full Version : MOS-UW. Questions!!

Judge23
01-08-09, 07:44 AM
Hi, I ship out on January 19th to Pendelton for bootcamp. and i have some questions about my job.

I have the MOS "UW-PSP" I dont really know much about it, other than its security forces, and i have PSP with it because i got an 88 on the ASVAB, PSP i guess stands for Presidential Security i think, and i need to get some type of Top Secret Clearance.

and i have no idea what im going to be put through, or what Top Secret clearance takes to get.

any tips, or advice on this subject altogether would be very deeply appreciated. =]

Thank you!

awbrown1462
01-08-09, 07:51 AM
The Gov is going to talk to anyone and maybe everyone who knows you ,going to check any kind of records you may have ie Police, Banks anything you may owe to anyone and ask you all types of ?'s..... Oh and Boot Camp in not at Camp Pendelton its at MCRD San Diego also right now worry more about Boot Camp then any Clearance that will be later on after Boot.

Judge23
01-08-09, 02:52 PM
So what will happen if i dont get that clearance? Will i be re-assigned to some other MOS?

Judge23
01-09-09, 10:31 AM
Bump for a reply. =]

NoRemorse
01-09-09, 10:34 AM
Bump for a reply. =]

Don't bump!

If you're unable to get clearance you WILL be assigned another MOS.

There's a process to appeal a clearance revocation; I don't know if there's one for not being cleared in the first place.

Google it!

NoRemorse
01-09-09, 10:44 AM
Grrrr, unable to edit cause I lost my connection.

You need a completely filled out profile as prescribed by the sticky regarding rules for posting in this forum. Failure to follow orders will result in our wrath being visited upon you by your recruiter!

Petz
01-09-09, 10:49 AM
if you fail (which shouldn't be easy to do... it's more like a honesty test... if my brother has one, then you can get one.) then you go "open contract" and become a retread... well that's only if you wash out of your MOS school... so they would just treat you as an open contract and put you where they need you.

my brothers ex had a cousin who was going to be one of the presidents Marine guards... and his flight was snowed out when he came home for a 96 during christmas and they kicked him out of the course... so when you are going to your MOS school don't go anywhere and stay out of trouble... they don't want jokers doing that job.

Judge23
01-09-09, 12:29 PM
You need a completely filled out profile as prescribed by the sticky regarding rules for posting in this forum. Failure to follow orders will result in our wrath being visited upon you by your recruiter!

Im pretty sure i have a completely filled out profile...as far as i know

and thank you for the insight. I was worried about not getting my clearance and just gettin like Kicked out or something. I really dont know much about the Marine Corps yet. Seeing as well, I ship to MCRD San Diego in like 10 days.

Im excited for bootcamp, I guess i just worry alot =]

Thanks Again!:banana:

NoRemorse
01-09-09, 12:34 PM
This thread: http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048
has more details concerning your profile.

You've got 10 days left of being on your own program. My suggestion would be to sleep and detox as much as possible.

Judge23
01-14-09, 01:47 AM
You've got 10 days left of being on your own program. My suggestion would be to sleep and detox as much as possible.

I definately have been sleeping alot. My work schedule with UPS has been 3:30am-8:30am for the past year so not working this past week has actually let me sleep for a change. =]

Its almost a bad thing when i think about it.

I dont really know what you mean by detox though, I have not drank since like Halloween.

I have been eating alot of fast food for a change, my friends that just got back from MCRD San Diego told me you dont get anything like that, so I figured I should eat it while I can.

Also, I added alot to my profile. I hope I got everything right.

NoRemorse
01-14-09, 07:30 AM
I definately have been sleeping alot. My work schedule with UPS has been 3:30am-8:30am for the past year so not working this past week has actually let me sleep for a change. =]

Its almost a bad thing when i think about it.

I dont really know what you mean by detox though, I have not drank since like Halloween.

I have been eating alot of fast food for a change, my friends that just got back from MCRD San Diego told me you dont get anything like that, so I figured I should eat it while I can.

Also, I added alot to my profile. I hope I got everything right.

Your profile is sat now. By Detox I mean getting that crap chow out of your system, not drinking and not smoking. That's the kind of crap that will mess with your system through receiving and forming. Once you take a crap at some point in forming or your first training week you'll see what I mean.

You don't want to be that recruit with the squirts.

Petz
01-14-09, 10:56 AM
.... never saw that.

but the recruit next to me ****ed his pants!!!!

he couldn't pee in front of everybody when we get a head call... so when the series commander comes in for an inspection this kid interupts by asking permission to speak (in a very squeeky voice) and finally he ****es him self after saying "sir this recruit is ****ing his pants, sir!"

I saw the puddle out of the corner of my eye, and I "glide" stepped it... my SDI saw it and gave me a look of death if I tryed it again.

I didn't, but the puddle went under his footlocker... thank god!!

NoRemorse
01-14-09, 11:02 AM
.... never saw that.

but the recruit next to me ****ed his pants!!!!

he couldn't pee in front of everybody when we get a head call... so when the series commander comes in for an inspection this kid interupts by asking permission to speak (in a very squeeky voice) and finally he ****es him self after saying "sir this recruit is ****ing his pants, sir!"

I saw the puddle out of the corner of my eye, and I "glide" stepped it... my SDI saw it and gave me a look of death if I tryed it again.

I didn't, but the puddle went under his footlocker... thank god!!

Had a squad leader p!ss his trousers twice in formation outside our barracks. He stopped that after first phase.

The morale of the story my dear poolees is: Don't be afraid to ask permission to make a head call.

Petz
01-14-09, 11:05 AM
... or get over your fear of peeing next to people

that was my morale... stop changing my sh!t NoMore!

NoRemorse
01-14-09, 11:19 AM
... or get over your fear of peeing next to people

that was my morale... stop changing my sh!t NoMore!

You should have changed mine, it's moral, not morale, but I'm retarded. What's your excuse?

Changing gears; sound off, do what you're told, and memorize EVERYTHING. Chain of command, how to address superiors, how to request permission for anything, how to enter the DI hut, which side to pass an officer by when you must render a hand salute, what body position you must assume when speaking with a superior.

You WILL be walked through these procedures and it is your responsibility to learn all this trash so you can be an outstanding Marine.

0231Marine
01-14-09, 11:29 AM
You should have changed mine, it's moral, not morale, but I'm retarded. What's your excuse?

How about, he's a SSgt and you're a boot a** PFC so show some friggin respect and deal with the fact that you were wrong. Instead of trying to get the last word in and being a smart a**, just suck it the fvck up and read a different thread.

NoRemorse
01-14-09, 11:33 AM
How about, he's a SSgt and you're a boot a** PFC so show some friggin respect and deal with the fact that you were wrong. Instead of trying to get the last word in and being a smart a**, just suck it the fvck up and read a different thread.

Aye, Cpl.

E6Meat
01-16-09, 04:29 PM
They only reason you would not get the Top Secret Clearance is if you were not completely honest with your recruiter or you get in legal trouble. If by chance you were unable to get the clearance because of a direct family member was born in a country that is considered hostile you would end up in the 03xx comunnity which means you would be a plain jane ground pounder which is great in it's self

Petz
01-16-09, 10:13 PM
he's already 03 if I'm not mistaken... he's trying to lat move 'cause he wants something new....

yut.