PDA

View Full Version : How to Deal with Nasty Civilians??

zramey
01-08-09, 07:12 AM
I just have started to college and everyday that I walk across campus I see at least 10 people who absolutely disgust me with the way they dress or with the lack of attention they give their bodies. I know that I have to keep my bearing but how do I deal with seeing so many disgusting fat bodies every day?

NoRemorse
01-08-09, 07:18 AM
I just have started to college and everyday that I walk across campus I see at least 10 people who absolutely disgust me with the way they dress or with the lack of attention they give their bodies. I know that I have to keep my bearing but how do I deal with seeing so many disgusting fat bodies every day?

Keep your bearing, L/Cpl, and lead by example. I remember that I was a nasty civilian once too. God bless them; most folks don't know better and table manners aren't a top priority nowadays.

As for how to deal; remember that they're sheep and they need sheep-dogs like us to protect them from the wolves.

zramey
01-08-09, 08:29 AM
Pfc your being too easy on them. They know what the difference is between being presentable and looking like garbage they just choose not to care. I don't say anything to them but one day I'm liable to reach over and knife hand one of them in the throat just for looking goofy.

Sometimes the sheep dog has to be the wolf in order to keep his sheep on the right path.

jahhead88
01-08-09, 08:35 AM
Don't do anything to get yourself in trouble. I had the same challenge when I went to school after I got out.

NoRemorse
01-08-09, 08:36 AM
Pfc your being too easy on them. They know what the difference is between being presentable and looking like garbage they just choose not to care. I don't say anything to them but one day I'm liable to reach over and knife hand one of them in the throat just for looking goofy.

Sometimes the sheep dog has to be the wolf in order to keep his sheep on the right path.

We're sheepdogs not shepherds. We fight so they have the right to be nasty and disgusting and stupid and free.

If you want to change their attitude then start a PT class; become a personal trainer; run on campus in PT shorts and let them get jealous enough to follow your example.

Trust me, I've been tempted more than once to knife-hand on off the bastards and say, "Twelve cheeseburgers is enough you fat nasty!"

Besides; they won't all respond the way we'd like and square themselves away. They're not recruits and they didn't sign up for a beatdown. If they did then they'd have the potential to be Marines. Fortunately for us; we're an elite brotherhood and not a fraternity of disgusting fat-bodies.

jahhead88
01-08-09, 08:39 AM
Dang:

I forgot to mention that when I went to school, I saw so many long haired hippy granolas that I thought I wanted to puke. The thing of it is, and I'm speaking as a mental health counselor; you can't make someone care about their appearance if they don't want to.

The way I see it you've got one of two options: You can befriend them, and then gradually encourage them to change their appearance and square themselves away.

Or you can ignore them, and realize that not everyone is Marine material.

zramey
01-08-09, 08:42 AM
I would never do anything to get myself in trouble cause in the papers it would read..."former Marine knife hands 19 people in the throat on his way to class." I could hear my SDI now, "Ramey I'm gonna f***in slay your sorry a** for the rest of your natural life. I know I didn't teach you to be a disgusting piece of garbage"......still sends shivers down my spine

I don't care a bit in the world to befriend them Corporal but they act like it's the coolest thing in the world to walk around like bums and that drives me up a wall. I just ignore them and walk on but it makes me sick to see how some people actually let themselves become. Tracking?

Pfc, if I had just ten minutes with them they wouldn't get a good PT. I would slay them like they never imagined. I'm sure you repeated the same words I did when I was up on the quarter deck, "pain brings discipline."

NoRemorse
01-08-09, 08:51 AM
I would never do anything to get myself in trouble cause in the papers it would read..."former Marine knife hands 19 obese people in the throat on his way to class."

Would be bad press but I'd frame that for sure and tell my grandkids that story. :usmc:

itzs4m
01-08-09, 08:52 AM
I'm in school right now also, and there are pretty nasty individuals that are overweight and sag their pants till you see their boxers. they're civilians we're marines, they'll never understand us.

NoRemorse
01-08-09, 08:55 AM
If they're wearing pants; some of 'em wear pajamas outside. It's down right hilarious and horribly sad. I don't understand them; they don't understand us and at the end of the day we will continue to be Marines.

I'd be more worried about getting bored and dehydrated. With all the fat nastys around and a fit Marine on campus those girls will be running trains on you. Sleep well, L/Cpl. :marine:

Enigmatic
01-08-09, 03:59 PM
I got out the Corps in September '07 and started college in January of last year and had the same problem at first. You know what the best remedy is? Get over it! You're there to learn and better yourself, not to judge everyone based on their appearance.

What did you expect? To see them marching to each class or staying in step with each other? For them to all have a high and tight and be in 1st class PFT shape? For them to yell out at the top of their lungs "Gang way, Junior Year!" as they march to the "chow hall"? They're civilians. We live in their world now. Get used to it. Just don't ever fall into their ways and you're good to go.

We went through a process of indoctrination in boot camp that they never went through. We've done and seen things at an early age that they could never possibly fathom. We've had the espirit de corps instilled in us. They don't even know what the hell that means. It's not their fault they're so ignorant.

This last semester I really let my guard down and you know what happened? I made some pretty cool friends. Sure, the best friend I had in school was a former Marine Sgt, but I also had a buddy who was extremely overweight and was the funniest dude I ever met in my life. I met a stoner who dressed like a freak and who couldn't remember the most basic of test questions but knew everything there was to know about firearms. I met this fat chick who never got a B in her life and was always willing to help me out or even study with me. I could go on....

I guess you could say I'm saying "if you can't beat them, join them" but that would be inaccurate. We're Marines. We could beat anything. Or anyone :D. I'm just saying as Marines we also learned about tolerance, tactfullness and bearing. Show them yours. Semper Fi.

Osotogary
01-08-09, 04:41 PM
Believe me, zramey, ther are civilians who also can't stand &quot;nasty&quot; civilians. LOL I'm one of them. <br />
NoRemorse was right about keeping your bearing. It is important that you do keep it. <br />
There is...

jetdawgg
01-08-09, 04:49 PM
I got out the Corps in September '07 and started college in January of last year and had the same problem at first. You know what the best remedy is? Get over it! You're there to learn and better yourself, not to judge everyone based on their appearance.

What did you expect? To see them marching to each class or staying in step with each other? For them to all have a high and tight and be in 1st class PFT shape? For them to yell out at the top of their lungs "Gang way, Junior Year!" as they march to the "chow hall"? They're civilians. We live in their world now. Get used to it. Just don't ever fall into their ways and you're good to go.

We went through a process of indoctrination in boot camp that they never went through. We've done and seen things at an early age that they could never possibly fathom. We've had the espirit de corps instilled in us. They don't even know what the hell that means. It's not their fault they're so ignorant.

This last semester I really let my guard down and you know what happened? I made some pretty cool friends. Sure, the best friend I had in school was a former Marine Sgt, but I also had a buddy who was extremely overweight and was the funniest dude I ever met in my life. I met a stoner who dressed like a freak and who couldn't remember the most basic of test questions but knew everything there was to know about firearms. I met this fat chick who never got a B in her life and was always willing to help me out or even study with me. I could go on....

I guess you could say I'm saying "if you can't beat them, join them" but that would be inaccurate. We're Marines. We could beat anything. Or anyone :D. I'm just saying as Marines we also learned about tolerance, tactfullness and bearing. Show them yours. Semper Fi.

Somehow, I get the idea that Enigmatic is an elitist:D:usmc:

SlingerDun
01-08-09, 05:54 PM
how do I deal with seeing so many disgusting fat bodies every day?Puzzling eh? Peers tend to keep you in-line and drag you back if you slip or slack, if they're around. The entities you speak of are neither peers nor guardians to be relied upon and may very well enjoy seeing you regress into the sub species that is them.

I've lived amongst not so many fatty's, but the hippy lib tye dye breed for a few years now and my advice to any displaced individual is don't get cozy around these passive complacents as atrophy is the inevitable bi-product. Never ever "mother up" to the female of these hominids e.g. an unwashed Birkenstock/vegan/lib lifestyle is a very real danger and could accelerate double time if the sex is satisfying or legally fettered.

You'll never totaly fit in with the scuzz mob without volunteering to demote your character and endanger your soul.

And don't kill them, find a happy medium and keep an open mind yet stick to your hard earned standards no matter whats in style or who's in office. Acknowledge those who try hard to improve, they may pan out some day.

--->Dave

Zulu 36
01-08-09, 05:57 PM

New Flash!!!! That is how you looked to many of us before you went to boot camp!!! :D

Maldonado 2060
01-08-09, 06:02 PM
Puzzling eh? Peers tend to keep you in-line and drag you back if you slip or slack, if they're around. The entities you speak of are neither peers nor guardians to be relied upon and may very well enjoy seeing you regress into the sub species that is them.

I've lived amongst not so many fatty's, but the hippy lib tye dye breed for a few years now and my advice to any displaced individual is don't get cozy around these passive complacents as atrophy is the inevitable bi-product. Never ever "mother up" to the female of these hominids e.g. an unwashed Birkenstock/vegan/lib lifestyle is a very real danger and could accelerate double time if the sex is satisfying or legally fettered.

You'll never totaly fit in with the scuzz mob without volunteering to demote your character and endanger your soul.

And don't kill them, find a happy medium and keep an open mind yet stick to your hard earned standards no matter whats in style or who's in office. Acknowledge those who try hard to improve, they may pan out some day.

--->Dave

Hes absolutly right. I found my self with some hippies after a deployment and what a spiral.Thank god I found this site its so great to be nit picky and on your game. When you see the nasties and you want to flush that toilet of humanity just take a deep breath and think of big d cup boobies:beer:

NoRemorse
01-08-09, 06:07 PM
Somehow, I get the idea that Enigmatic is an elitist:D:usmc:

Couldn't you say that about most Marine NCOs, SGT? :marine:

CH53MetalMan
01-08-09, 06:50 PM
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are." -- Marcus Aurelius

jetdawgg
01-08-09, 07:36 PM

Shhhhhhhhh:D

knuckles 19
01-08-09, 07:49 PM
Im not a marine yet, but i have the highest respect for every Marine and i can relate to what you guys are saying about the fat bodies its simply mind bogling how anyone can wolf down so much food and never PT and think its perfectly ok, its like they have no drive, no self respect in a way. or it could just be the fact that im brought up in a hardcore military family that wont except dull and unfit individuals. best of luck adapting to the civilian world Marine. im dying to get out of it.

Enigmatic
01-08-09, 08:39 PM

Couldn't you say that about every MARINE, period?

SGT7477
01-08-09, 09:23 PM

I've been out since 1977 I could write a book of all the trash that is out there,lol.:flag:

Petz
01-09-09, 01:06 AM

just leave them alone.... pretend they will eat you if you get too close, and your main priority is self preservation.

that and you fight/fought for them to choose to be like that... honor your own commitment by ignoring their disposition.

Quinbo
01-09-09, 02:44 AM
Keep your eyes on the eye candy. Plenty of it walking around campus for you to not even notice that guy wearing his hat sideways and a ring in his lip. There are enough pretty girls walking around campus that your eyeballs should remain on their behinds at all times.

Doughnut boy with a masters degree in computer science going for his doctorate probably won't give you a second glance. They are not impressed by you either.

1topher
01-09-09, 05:07 AM
so did you get with the fat girl?

I have Oki vision in my left eye and it is starting to become present in the right one as well.

NoRemorse
01-09-09, 07:19 AM
Couldn't you say that about every MARINE, period?

Touche! We are the cream of the crop :iwo:

Petz
01-09-09, 09:07 AM
so did you get with the fat girl?

I have Oki vision in my left eye and it is starting to become present in the right one as well.

what? OKI vision? translation "large/big" vision???? what the hell are you talking about?

NoRemorse
01-09-09, 09:09 AM
what? OKI vision? translation "large/big" vision???? what the hell are you talking about?

Now that's a signature! :marine:

Petz
01-09-09, 09:27 AM
get to work there PFC! make it happen

CH53MetalMan
01-09-09, 11:28 AM
For every ailment under the sun. There is a remedy, or there is none; If there be one, try to find it; If there be none, never mind it.

W.W. Bartley

Petz
01-09-09, 11:56 AM
...interesting?

Blutic
01-09-09, 01:45 PM
Keep in mind that people go though various stages during their lives. Some mature faster than others. People that knew me in highschool and college would never believe I turned out to be a Marine. ;)

sdk87to91
01-09-09, 03:11 PM
Marines are nothing without the lesser folks to contrast too.
If all warriors were awesome Marines would not be so successful.
If all students were like Marines the opportunities for Marines would be less.
When I got out in '91 I got every job I applied for for about 4 years. Then when I graduated College in 2000 I got jobs easy becasue I was disciplined in school and got good grades, learned the subject, and was recognized by the college as an outstanding Senior. Eventually I got a Govt job with the help of "Veterans preference".

The dirt bags dont make you who you are, the average dude's dont make you who you are, but the contrast sure enough helps the rest of the world to recognize excellence.

Accord
01-09-09, 04:17 PM
one day I'm liable to reach over and knife hand one of them in the throat just for looking goofy.
Are you ****ing kidding me? Get over yourself.

I would never do anything to get myself in trouble cause in the papers it would read..."former Marine knife hands 19 people in the throat on his way to class." I could hear my SDI now, "Ramey I'm gonna f***in slay your sorry a** for the rest of your natural life. I know I didn't teach you to be a disgusting piece of garbage"......still sends shivers down my spine

I don't care a bit in the world to befriend them Corporal but they act like it's the coolest thing in the world to walk around like bums and that drives me up a wall. I just ignore them and walk on but it makes me sick to see how some people actually let themselves become. Tracking?

Pfc, if I had just ten minutes with them they wouldn't get a good PT. I would slay them like they never imagined. I'm sure you repeated the same words I did when I was up on the quarter deck, "pain brings discipline."
Quit acting like such a boot.

One of my friends Wells just EAS'ed and is now at Ohio State... he's a 24 year old scout sniper with deployments to Fallujah, Ramadi, and Afghanistan and he's sitting in class with 18 year old freshmans. He doesn't care and neither should you.

I've seen Marines on libbo who look like straight ****ing gang members, the types of people you'd find in a back alley in Manhattan or the type of people that old ladies cross the street to avoid - and they're ****ing active duty Marines. For every disgusting civilian there is a well dressed, clean cut one who cares about how he presents himself. With the current optempo of the Marine Corps where more emphasis is put on deployments and training as opposed to garrison, i've seen far more disgusting Marines than I have ones who look squared away, and those disgusting looking Marines are the ones I want next to me in combat.

Accord
01-09-09, 04:19 PM

Who ****ing cares? Listen here "sheepdog," you're in college, your number one priority should be getting pussy, not whether the dude sitting next to you in dicksucking 101 has his shirt tucked in or not.

Petz
01-09-09, 08:37 PM
you guys are getting all philosophical and sh!t

1topher
01-10-09, 12:38 AM
oki vision = a girl that is a 5 in the states is a 8 in oki,,
a girl that is a 3 in the states is a 7 in oki

candi
01-10-09, 04:08 PM
Are you ****ing kidding me? Get over yourself.

Quit acting like such a boot.

Seriously. And, Z, I really don't get why you feel the need to judge the bodies of the people around you. You don't like it, don't look. When you are the very picture of perfection, then you can talk. Talk like that is so hateful and nasty and makes you sound like an arrogant child...granted some people are out of shape from just not doing anything, but there are an awful lot of people out there, who are (like myself) 'fat and nasty' because they are UNABLE to do the things they used to. I am not overweight, but I am certainly far from fit, I do my best not to let myself get heavier..I carry a lot of weight from all the lifting I used to do, and if I could just get my muscles back into shape I know I would look less chubby. But, I am very limited in what I can do...
There is a lot more to people than what you see, and who are you to judge someone's character by how they look.

Petz
01-11-09, 11:57 AM
oki vision = a girl that is a 5 in the states is a 8 in oki,,
a girl that is a 3 in the states is a 7 in oki

you're retarded.... why would that even be? just because you don't think Japanese girls are good looking you'd have to say some dumb sh!t like that?

don't post in here (or on this site) with stupid crap like this again... lest I get ****ed off.

DocGreek
01-11-09, 12:08 PM
Gentlemen...checked out zrammy's profile? In the Corps for one year? No name, no birth date? WTF? This web site should NOT allow anyone post here, unless their profile is COMPLETELY FILLED OUT......PERIOD!.....ALWAYS FAITHFUL, and SUSPICIOUS......Doc Greek

Quinbo
01-11-09, 12:09 PM
SSgt P how many times have you been to Oki? That would be nuuuuun. He was talking about the fact that in Okinawa round eyes girls are pretty scarce and beggers can't be choosers.

Lighten up would ya?

Petz
01-11-09, 12:14 PM
I'm married to a japanese woman Sgt... I take offense to those kind of comments, especially since my daughter is half Japanese as well! (that's obvious right!! haha)

so, no I won't lighten up about it.

Semper Fi.

Quinbo
01-11-09, 12:27 PM
I think you missed the point. The ratio of men to women on base if pretty large. Female walks in the E-club and is immediately surrounded by a bunch of devil dogs all wanting to dance and buy drinks. After you have your beer goggles on you might be willing to at least go say hi to the one in the corner that has a lazy eye, a missing tooth and a dip in her lip. It had nothing to do with nationality.

Petz
01-11-09, 12:30 PM
....... ............... ................ PROCESSING ............... ................. ........

OH!! ok, I get it now. why not just call it beer goggles or island vision? there's that same problem on hotel kaneoi!

Gunner 0313
01-11-09, 12:32 PM
I think you missed the point. The ratio of men to women on base if pretty large. Female walks in the E-club and is immediately surrounded by a bunch of devil dogs all wanting to dance and buy drinks. After you have your beer goggles on you might be willing to at least go say hi to the one in the corner that has a lazy eye, a missing tooth and a dip in her lip. It had nothing to do with nationality.

:flag: Thank God you explained it because I was just about to. I thought it was pretty obvious from the break. :thumbup:

Petz
01-11-09, 12:38 PM
no.... no it wasn't.

there was not implication to race when it was originally posted... it only told of looks.

so, yeah.

when talking trash, be prepared to have some thrown back.

besides, saying okinawian round eyes doesn't specifically separate race either.

Gunner 0313
01-11-09, 12:56 PM
"so did you get with the fat girl?

I have Oki vision in my left eye and it is starting to become present in the right one as well."

"oki vision = a girl that is a 5 in the states is a 8 in oki,,
a girl that is a 3 in the states is a 7 in oki"

no.... no it wasn't.

there was not implication to race when it was originally posted... it only told of looks.

so, yeah.

when talking trash, be prepared to have some thrown back.

besides, saying okinawian round eyes doesn't specifically separate race either.

:flag:WTF ?

Petz
01-11-09, 01:08 PM
confusing huh?

I'm good at that... typing my thoughts bypasses my brain to mouth filter and it comes out in waves... I understand it, why can't you?!! haha

semper.

Blutic
01-11-09, 04:01 PM
Now you went to far!! I married the one in the corner....

mgkusmc
01-11-09, 04:06 PM
Gentlemen...checked out zrammy's profile? In the Corps for one year? No name, no birth date? WTF? This web site should NOT allow anyone post here, unless their profile is COMPLETELY FILLED OUT......PERIOD!.....ALWAYS FAITHFUL, and SUSPICIOUS......Doc Greek

Did ya happen to notice his home of record is Kentucky...Eastern Kentucky at that.....and he went to boot camp at San Diego?

Now I went through boot with a few guys from all different parts of Kentucky....but it was at Parris Island.

Something dont add up here.

mgkusmc
01-11-09, 04:08 PM
Now you went to far!! I married the one in the corner....

Well somebody had to...does she take the skoal out when she kisses you, sir?

Zulu 36
01-11-09, 07:09 PM
Did ya happen to notice his home of record is Kentucky...Eastern Kentucky at that.....and he went to boot camp at San Diego?

Now I went through boot with a few guys from all different parts of Kentucky....but it was at Parris Island.

Something dont add up here.

Where your hometown is doesn't necessarily mean where you must have done boot camp. I went in from Detroit, MI. Michigan recruits usually went to PI, but I went to SD (along with a bunch of other guys).

What that meant was PI was overloaded and SD had boat spaces.

Petz
01-12-09, 12:35 AM
or he has Marines in the family who sent in a letter to get him changed to SD

sdk87to91
01-12-09, 11:22 AM
He could be claiming a "hometown" where he grew up but not neccesarily where he lived when recruited.

Petz
01-13-09, 12:06 PM
why are we ALL defending him?

sdk87to91
01-14-09, 01:40 PM
A plausible explanation is not neccesarily defending, rather discounting the accusation.
An alternative possibility should always be presented in my opinion. Unfortunately my wife hates it and sometimes it gets ugly, when she thinks I am opposing her, when actually I may agree but for honestly's sake am suggesting other possibilities.

Our world is all too unscientific for me these days when an implication becomes an accusation which in turn leads to a trial in the public eye...

I would counter with "why are so many jumping on the band wagon of accusation..."

Zulu 36
01-14-09, 05:14 PM
A plausible explanation is not neccesarily defending, rather discounting the accusation.
An alternative possibility should always be presented in my opinion. Unfortunately my wife hates it and sometimes it gets ugly, when she thinks I am opposing her, when actually I may agree but for honestly's sake am suggesting other possibilities.

Our world is all too unscientific for me these days when an implication becomes an accusation which in turn leads to a trial in the public eye...

I would counter with "why are so many jumping on the band wagon of accusation..."

My thoughts exactly.

BTW, my ex-wife hated it when I presented alternatives too. Still does. :D

Taviah
07-08-10, 01:36 AM
Please correct me if I am misled but does this not fall under the Presumption of Innocence principle? I do not think that an assumption under minor implication is warrant for accusation.

josephd
07-08-10, 02:03 AM
Please correct me if I am misled but does this not fall under the Presumption of Innocence principle? I do not think that an assumption under minor implication is warrant for accusation.

huh?....this thread is over a year old, what was the dig for?

Taviah
07-08-10, 02:12 AM
I apologize sir, I've been trying to absorb as much as I can for preparation so I've been reading as much as I can, every once in a while I come out of Lurking and participate, the date dodged my brain.

Zulu 36
07-08-10, 12:09 PM

Plus, you are confusing personal opinions on a privately owned forum with a criminal law standard which has no application here.

kenrobg30
07-08-10, 12:30 PM
Plus, you are confusing personal opinions on a privately owned forum with a criminal law standard which has no application here.

Chris, I may be wrong, but it this individuals language reads like something a Sea-Lawyer would dream up. ;) S/F!! Ken

Zulu 36
07-08-10, 12:44 PM
Chris, I may be wrong, but it this individuals language reads like something a Sea-Lawyer would dream up. ;) S/F!! Ken

Nah, just some kid who thinks the US Constitution should apply in every circumstance. The presumption of innocence is a standard required of prosecutors, judges, and attorneys (and to a limited extent, the police) in criminal cases only. It is a duty required of the government, not individual citizens.

kenrobg30
07-08-10, 12:50 PM
Nah, just some kid who thinks the US Constitution should apply in every circumstance. The presumption of innocence is a standard required of prosecutors, judges, and attorneys (and to a limited extent, the police) in criminal cases only. It is a duty required of the government, not individual citizens.

Big words scare me Chris. :D You have settled the question .;) S/F!!! Ken

fpdesignco
07-09-10, 07:14 PM

True, so therfor all of the poeple who think "mall cops", is a good show are communists, i dont have to proove anything..... just the way it is - eh slander who cares

sapper101
06-28-12, 06:10 PM
I have a buddy that got out and was dealing with the same thing. How does he get over it? He slays the ever living /$&? out of the Marines during PT on his drill weekends.