PDA

View Full Version : Re-enslitment advice...?

SureShot12
01-08-09, 01:05 AM
I'm looking to re-enlist into the Corps. <br />
<br />
Summary of events(details available upon request): <br />
<br />
Was delayed for re-enlistement by one month while awaiting a GED slot. <br />
<br />
Shipped to P.I. with...

SureShot12
01-08-09, 01:17 AM
I can't get this thing to Edit my post..So, I'll make an addition item.

ASVAB- 110
Pull ups- You'll freaking get tired of counting before I get tired of pulling
Crunches- I'm a freaking machine
3-mile run- Meltin' sneakers(easily obtainable in under 20mins)

I'm an extremely strong swimmer and worked as a lifeguard in the past.

I'd like to hold, WANT to hold, a combat MOS upon re-enlistment, but I guess beggers cannot be choosers.

Petz
01-08-09, 01:31 AM
because I'm a good guy, I'll help you out a bit... but I'll have to tell you that you need to fill your profile out a bit more than you have... it's pretty paper thing right now.

your sep code, I have no clue on how to change... so I'm sure someone will be along in time to help you with that.

your RE code though should be fixed by going to your local DAV or VFW post and asking them for help... if they can't help you they can tell you who can and what you need to do. They rock.

as for the continuity of the rest of your story... I'm confused how you say you had a prior service surgery at age 17 and what-not while at the same time getting kicked out/admin sep'd.... I think you are confusing your status as RE-enlist with ENLIST because you never finished bootcamp you never became a Marine... so when I was about to explain the paperwork needed to do a prior-service-enlistment... I thought I'd read over your post again.

so that being that... I hope I helped a bit with your RE code change...

SureShot12
01-08-09, 01:42 AM
Ssgt..I've already went through my local VFW. I even submitted a written request to the Navy, with the aid of my Congressman, attempting to have my discharge info changed, including my RE code. No...

Petz
01-08-09, 01:53 AM
ok... prior to your service.... that does clear it up a bit. Stupid-out-of-context verbage.

watch your written tone too...

you ARE enlisting again not re-enlisting... I say this as not to confuse people.

now you say that you talked to your VFW... have you gone to the DAV (disabled American veterans)??? they have some serious pull on some of these issues.

and it is a good idea to keep those two requests separate... mainly 'cause you might be able to get a waiver (with explaination) for your reason for sep....

SureShot12
01-08-09, 02:32 AM
Hadn't even thought about going through DAV, considering that I'm not a Disabled Veteran. Would Veterans Affairs be able to do the same ?

I'll call DAV and start chewing ears....

I know that I'm going to need a few waivers, but if it was easy, everyone would do it. I'm prepared to do whatever I've gotta do...

This means a lot to me. Heck, 7 years ago I was doing this and I remember EVERY aspect, every step, like it was yesterday......

I'm not ready to close this chapter of my life. I was watching TV, pondering my options and the things I'd be giving up should I my enlistment request be granted, when who pops up on the Military channel ? My Senior D.I.(older show on Parris Island) Pretty much finished up my "pondering"...:)

NoRemorse
01-08-09, 07:53 AM
The Staff Sergeant is right; you'd be processing an enlistment package. <br />
<br />
For help upgrading your discharge code go here http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/generalinfo/a/dischargeupg.htm <br />
<br />
Getting...