PDA

View Full Version : Bootcamp Question

KCKpower
01-07-09, 12:41 PM
Hello Marines, i am a poolee and am shipping out jan. 26 09 to San Diego. I have done alot of research over bootcamp and how it is. I have a friend in the Marines and he sent me letters about it while he was in bootcamp in San Diego. He said it was not that bad. ALot of yelling and doing things over and over again that seem pointless. But what i have not really found on any website, or even asking a Marine is what excatly happens or what should i accept for the first 3 weeks of bootcamp?? I know it will be the hardest part, with jsut getting used to how to become a Marine ,but i want to know what the PT is like. MY biggest concern is not being able to keep up with everyone during PT and what not. Im not in bad shape at all, ive wrestled in highschool and played football, so i have had my experience of hard work. But i just want to know if they start you off running 3, 4 miles in the first week and expecting you to keep up the whole way. Any information about the first 3 weeks and what happens and what to expect would be awesome. i no you probably never had alot of insight but i think knowledge is power and im trying to become the best Marine i can be. Thank you for your time:usmc:

KawiGunny
01-07-09, 12:59 PM
Hello Marines, i am a poolee and am shipping out jan. 26 09 to San Diego. I have done alot of research over bootcamp and how it is. I have a friend in the Marines and he sent me letters about it while he was in bootcamp in San Diego. He said it was not that bad. ALot of yelling and doing things over and over again that seem pointless. But what i have not really found on any website, or even asking a Marine is what excatly happens or what should i accept for the first 3 weeks of bootcamp?? I know it will be the hardest part, with jsut getting used to how to become a Marine ,but i want to know what the PT is like. MY biggest concern is not being able to keep up with everyone during PT and what not. Im not in bad shape at all, ive wrestled in highschool and played football, so i have had my experience of hard work. But i just want to know if they start you off running 3, 4 miles in the first week and expecting you to keep up the whole way. Any information about the first 3 weeks and what happens and what to expect would be awesome. i no you probably never had alot of insight but i think knowledge is power and im trying to become the best Marine i can be. Thank you for your time:usmc:

Sounds like you are in descent enough shape and should do ok. The best advice I can give you is to change your attitude before you go. Everything you do in bootcamp has a point to it. You may not see it but it is there.

NoRemorse
01-07-09, 01:03 PM
First off, congratulations on making the effort to earn the title. Second, your profile is present but lacking. Third, paragraphs help.

There are threads on here regarding the PT schedule you're likely to experience while at boot. There is a thread that specifically has PT and schedule in the title.

Everyone gets caught up asking about how long and far you'll be running. When you're not marching or in the chow hall; you WILL be running, with very few exceptions (classroom, swim qual, etc...) You will be sprinting at top speed because there's no slow-motion in Boot Camp until you get to Grass week (or you're not learning MCMAP properly, or you're jacking up and it's time for really sloooooow IT, ouch).

For the PFT you will definetely run 3 miles. Your first run on the island will be the IST, 1.5 miles. Your PT sessions will include table work and MAY include some running if you're doing circuits that day.

You WILL be placed a group with other recruits depending on how fast you are.

The Gunnery Sergeant did nail the most important part; your attitude will make or break you as a recruit. EVERYTHING you do at Boot is for a reason and it's not for you to know why; it's just for you to do or die.

KCKpower
01-07-09, 02:05 PM
Hey
thanks noremorse, i appericate your reply. It helped

SGT7477
01-07-09, 03:36 PM
Mind over matter and you will ok even if you do things over and over.