PDA

View Full Version : Does any one know?

Phantom Blooper
06-13-03, 07:32 AM
I hope someone may be able to help. I have a Gateway 2000 computer. Windows XP. When I turn off my computer to give it a rest it,or to install updates, ect. it turns off fine. When I go to restart it a Microsoft blip comes up stating that the (NTLDR is missing) and then if I re-boot it with my driver CD it starts up fine and runs well until I shut it off again. I have re-installed Windows XP and I also asked Windows to repair the file,to no avail. If,I go to my Control Panel and run a scan on the booting it says that all operations are fine,this also happens if I scan with Norton anti-virus. I don't know what NTLDR means and I don't know where to look. I have tried using the Remote assistance and that does not tell anything,Anyone even knowing what that the acronym NTDLR stands for would be helpful. Anyone with a knowledge of this problem I would appreciate a email or a post: phantomblooper@earthlink.net - This is not affecting the running of the computer to my knowledge,however it is aggravating. Thanks! Semper-Fi!!:marine:

Kalbo
06-13-03, 07:51 AM
PB,

Don't know if this will help, but here are some suggestions:

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/n1028073320

SF Bill

Phantom Blooper
06-13-03, 07:55 AM
Thanks! I will research that site. Any more suggestions welcomed! Semper-Fi!!:marine:

firstsgtmike
06-13-03, 08:37 AM
I have a different problem. Sometimes when leaving this site, I log out, sometimes I don't. It doesn't seem to make a difference.

When I come back and ask for new posts, the search msg comes on and says there are none.

I switch to Forums, and there is no (red) indication of new posts in a selected forum.

I must check the time, remember the last time I was on board, and click on to every post that appeared since my last visit.

Since I pop in and out an average of six times a day, I can take whatever **** is dumped on me.

My concern is for the one timer who decides it's not worth the effort.

I know it is, but he doesn't.

Phantom Blooper
06-13-03, 08:57 AM
Computers are fun,but.... definitely a pain in the A$$!:)

Phantom Blooper
06-13-03, 12:04 PM
Problem solved!!!!!!! Thanks for the URL's And PM's took a liitle bit of configuration but,good to go! Thank you, Marines. Semper-Fi!!:marine: