PDA

View Full Version : TBS - MOS selections

incognitoman
01-05-09, 10:01 PM
I apologize for creating a new thread, but I'm unable to reply to any current threads for some reason! I get an error message when I try.

I did manage to reply to one thread in the Poolee forum, and wanted to ask it here as well (more appropriately placed)...

"I'm new to the forum but have absorbed as much of the present info as I can! Thanks for pre-emptively answering many of the questions I had.

I'm a recent grad (this past spring) and am feeling too 'soft' as a teacher and need a change. My brother and I are both planning to train this summer and apply for OCS in October.

My question: I was browsing the list of MOS's and was focusing on the intel spots. I'm aware of the MOS selection process and was curious (for those who have gone through this OR others) which spots get snapped up the quickest. At this point, my first choice would probably be 0203 Ground Intelligence. I see there are 3 slots in the top 1/3. How quickly do those 3 tend to go?

Thanks in advance!"

Isrowei
01-05-09, 10:53 PM
The number of slots changes from class to class. Generally speaking, intel slots are among the most desired.

I'm pretty sure questions about the TBS MOS selection process have been asked and answered before. You should spend some time on the search feature.

incognitoman
01-06-09, 05:03 PM
The number of slots changes from class to class. Generally speaking, intel slots are among the most desired.

I'm pretty sure questions about the TBS MOS selection process have been asked and answered before. You should spend some time on the search feature.

Thanks for the info. I've done a lot of searching around on the forums regarding the duties of a ground officer but didn't really find anything on how competitive the slots are. Is there anyone who knows (approximately) how quickly those slots go on assignment day?

I appreciate any info! Thanks again.

FromMD
01-06-09, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the info. I've done a lot of searching around on the forums regarding the duties of a ground officer but didn't really find anything on how competitive the slots are. Is there anyone who knows (approximately) how quickly those slots go on assignment day?

I appreciate any info! Thanks again.
Each company has a different number of MOS slots. You would select intel officer and from there you would put in for ground intel. You have to compete twice...

incognitoman
01-06-09, 05:53 PM
Do the slots differ each time through the OCS course within each company? Or does one company typically have more of one slot than another, etc?

FromMD
01-06-09, 07:57 PM
Do the slots differ each time through the OCS course within each company? Or does one company typically have more of one slot than another, etc?
Um OCS and TBS are two different things. The way it has been going is one TBS company will have a lot of air slots and the next one will have a lot of combat arms. I have been told our class will have 17 intel slots, but it will probably change.

incognitoman
01-06-09, 08:16 PM
Um OCS and TBS are two different things. The way it has been going is one TBS company will have a lot of air slots and the next one will have a lot of combat arms. I have been told our class will have 17 intel slots, but it will probably change.

I understand. By course, I meant 1 of the 3 each year, starting in Oct, Jan, and Mar.

Thanks again!

FromMD
01-06-09, 09:02 PM
I understand. By course, I meant 1 of the 3 each year, starting in Oct, Jan, and Mar.

Thanks again!
Whatever the Corps needs at the time