PDA

View Full Version : Question about arrest waiver

slydog32
01-02-09, 07:00 PM
Hello there, I don't know if I'm putting this in the right place but I've been thinking of joining the marines (specifically i wanna be a mechanic) by the end of this semester and was just wondering...

Zulu 36
01-02-09, 07:10 PM
You'll get no answers until you mechanic your butt over to the rules and stickies, and post a full profile.

slydog32
01-02-09, 07:26 PM
Thank You for the advice,
I filled out my profile but as for not capitalizing Marines I cannot find the edit button.

Zulu 36
01-02-09, 08:05 PM
Thank You for the advice,
I filled out my profile but as for not capitalizing Marines I cannot find the edit button.

Much better. You can't edit posts after about five minutes.

As to the waiver, have you spoken to a Marine recruiter about it yet? If not, you should troop over and start asking questions to the guys with the up-to-date info. My guess is you could get a waiver as long as you tell the recruiter the 100% truth.

oifvet23
01-02-09, 11:21 PM
no biggie, a wave of the Marine Corps wand and all will be forgiven.

Phantom Blooper
01-03-09, 12:33 AM
You can get a waiver..it may take sometime.

As stated be upfront and truthful.

Also remember the Marine Corps is drug free with zero tolerance so don't back step and go back to your old ways!:evilgrin:

SGT7477
01-03-09, 04:12 PM
If our beloved Marine Corps doesn't take you there is always the army.:evilgrin:

1topher
01-03-09, 07:19 PM
just dont tell them about the run in with the law,, if they do find out you can flip it and say that the stuff was your friends and you took the hit because you did not want him to get busted. ohh- I forgot you prob want to go in with a clean conscience,

Sgt Leprechaun
01-03-09, 07:51 PM
All it requires is a waiver. It's not that big a deal. Be honest.

Those who suggest otherwise should be ignored.