Higher taxes on gasoline? <br />
<br />
Funds will go toward highways <br />
<br />
ASSOCIATED PRESS <br />
Friday, January 2, 2009 <br />
<br />
<br />
A 50 percent increase in gasoline and diesel fuel taxes is being urged by a federal...

OLE SARG
01-02-09, 09:23 PM
Let the azzhole members of our so-called congress pay for the fvcking highways. They are the ones getting the big pay-raises this year - the self-serving azzholes!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

FistFu68
01-02-09, 09:30 PM
:evilgrin: Didn't take long for the bloodsucking Common M-FERS,2 stick it 2 Us;tha Change has began :mad: :thumbdown

MPMOM
01-02-09, 10:05 PM
first it was our fault for using too much fuel, so they raised it. Now, it's our fault for not using enough or using alterantives like they told us to do. What the heck are we suppose to fricking do?

Petz
01-02-09, 10:08 PM
Michigan already raise ours up 30 cents a gallon.... I got gas on the 31st at 1.56 a gal and the next day when I was driving around.... 1.81!!! them bastards!!!

I really hope our roads don't STAY the worst roads in america for much longer with this ridiculous tax hike.

rb1651
01-03-09, 10:03 AM
They did the same thing here in northern Illinois. I paid $1.56 on the 31st and yesterday it was at $1.85. I guess our fearless leader Goblowmeb***h needs more money for his attornies for his upcoming impeachment!!! :mad:

Quinbo
01-03-09, 10:57 AM
A GPS tracking system is a tracking system linked to you. How freakin stupid do they think we are? Taxed on mileage and then pay tolls on top of that? Give me a break! Most states have an annual safety inspection in which odometer readings are put on record. What additional information would be gained by a "tracking system"? Just when the speculators start easing up on artificially inflating the price of crude uncle sam says ohh hey the cost of fuel went down a bit so lets jack it back up with more taxes.

DocGreek
01-03-09, 11:18 AM
HA! HA! HA!.....don't read my posts....you MIGHT learn something!! I've spoken of Bush senior's, "New World Order", several times. Do YOU think, we, the people, will get to vote on ANY new taxes?? Just HOW, do you think, the BAILOUT, will be paid for?? Checked our DEFICIT, lately? Think the Government, is going to tell THE PEOPLE, the REAL Deficit? Do you believe all you read, and see from the MEDIA?? Even though I'm 62, I can still live a descent life......out in the woods!!!! HA! HA! HA!.....SEMPER FI.....Doc Greek

1topher
01-03-09, 11:28 AM
ride a bicycle and you dont have to worry about a fuel tax

ladies dig bikes

FistFu68
01-03-09, 11:36 AM
:evilgrin: KEEP SELLING F-15'S,F-18'S,TOO OUR BUDDIES THE SAUDI'S,BUILD A FEW MORE MARS ROVERS,50 MORE SUPER TRIDENT SUB'S,THE LIST GOES ON AND ON.THE PAYRAISE THAT WAS GIVEN US IS PAID BY THE WORKING CLASS MAN!!!:mad: :iwo:

Petz
01-03-09, 01:59 PM
ride a bicycle and you dont have to worry about a fuel tax

ladies dig bikes

imagine the song by queen "bicycle"... that's how I feel... I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my biiike....

Sgt Leprechaun
01-03-09, 07:35 PM
Of course they are. Typical scumbags. How about eliminate the damn tax on gas entirely?

Can't have that, it funds 'infrastructure'.

Riding a bike is fine if you live in the city, but it's not feasible for most people.

echo3oscar1833
01-03-09, 08:21 PM
Pesonally just in my eyes It really dosn't matter that the gas is $1.77 a gallon here. I don't care. What does pi$$ me off is the fact that everyone is complaining now about the gas. Heck for the last three years here in Illinois was on an average above $3.00. Now Im paying $1.whatever something now. No big deal in my eyes. And the kicker on all of it is when it origionally went down everyone was so happy and now that it has went back up about .20cents here in the area everyone is up in arms agian. There all saying $1.77 is to much to pay for gas. Maybe it is compared to 10 years ago. However this isn't 10 years ago. Plus like I look at it, at least its not $3.something. I can think of alot more things that are worth actually worrying about!!:evilgrin:

NoRemorse
01-03-09, 10:40 PM
Of course they are. Typical scumbags. How about eliminate the damn tax on gas entirely?

Can't have that, it funds 'infrastructure'.

Riding a bike is fine if you live in the city, but it's not feasible for most people.

Hey, they need that money for infrastructure!!! They completed work on a lot of the roads here in the past two years and the freeze/thaw cycle this year already split most of those seams.

My boat is sinking; SEND MONEY!!!

DocGreek
01-03-09, 10:56 PM
One....they, are going to use the tax to pay for the F*****G bailout.
Two....we won't get to vote on ANY tax hike.
Three....if YOU don't know where our government get's the money to spend, on stupid things, so much for your High School education!
Four...we, the people, are going to HAVE to pay for our Government's mistakes, with higher taxes!
DON'T LISTEN TO ME....WHAT DOES SOME OLD FART DOC KNOW??

NoRemorse
01-04-09, 12:23 AM
One....they, are going to use the tax to pay for the F*****G bailout.
Two....we won't get to vote on ANY tax hike.
Three....if YOU don't know where our government get's the money to spend, on stupid things, so much for your High School education!
Four...we, the people, are going to HAVE to pay for our Government's mistakes, with higher taxes!
DON'T LISTEN TO ME....WHAT DOES SOME OLD FART DOC KNOW??

Doc, I don't believe I've ever met as straight a shooter as you. Semper Fi :flag:

PaidinBlood
01-04-09, 02:11 AM
Pesonally just in my eyes It really dosn't matter that the gas is $1.77 a gallon here. I don't care. What does pi$$ me off is the fact that everyone is complaining now about the gas. Heck for the last three years here in Illinois was on an average above $3.00. Now Im paying $1.whatever something now. No big deal in my eyes. And the kicker on all of it is when it origionally went down everyone was so happy and now that it has went back up about .20cents here in the area everyone is up in arms agian. There all saying $1.77 is to much to pay for gas. Maybe it is compared to 10 years ago. However this isn't 10 years ago. Plus like I look at it, at least its not $3.something. I can think of alot more things that are worth actually worrying about!!:evilgrin:

Yeah I hear ya - 1.89 here on base, and it honestly isn't too much to pay-if I knew it wouldn't go up! The $4+ gallon is always lurking in the shadows, waiting to Fvck up my pocketbook again.... Why do they get to play with the prices daily? What other product ranges so wildly in price?

Petz
01-04-09, 09:27 AM
Yeah I hear ya - 1.89 here on base, and it honestly isn't too much to pay-if I knew it wouldn't go up! The $4+ gallon is always lurking in the shadows, waiting to Fvck up my pocketbook again.... Why do they get to play with the prices daily? What other product ranges so wildly in price?

every other commodity on the mercantile exchange... you just don't see the closing numbers being so wild since most of the instability happens around lunch time (day traders)

PaidinBlood
01-04-09, 10:12 AM
I know these things are traded, but the I don't think the consumer always feels such drastic changes. Gold has varied widely over the years, but if decide not to buy a ring one day, it probably won't increase 400% in price within a month.

Then again Wall Street don't run out by my place so what do I know? :banana:

Petz
01-04-09, 11:01 AM
well, a lot of people don't realize that gasoline and diesel are traded on the exchange as well... sweet crude just affects the cost of those commodities.

so if you see a lot fluctuation it's cause companies are buying and selling to each other the surplus gas they have (so they don't have to pay to store it)

PaidinBlood
01-04-09, 11:27 AM
So how do we fix it? I am tired of being held hostage.

DocGreek
01-04-09, 12:33 PM
CHRIS.....Beautiful family picture!! Speak Arabic, or Farsi?? I hope BOTH! Our government, won't allow "us", to fix anything! Ever seen the movie, "Shooter"? The Senator in the movie, tells it like it is! "NO right, or wrong, just the 'haves, and the have nots'....which one do you want to be?" That's a quote, from the movie, and he's RIGHT!! SO......NOW WHAT???.....SEMPER FI.....Doc Greek

FistFu68
01-04-09, 01:56 PM
:evilgrin: ON 911 THE PLANES HIT THE WRONG BUILDING"IE-THA CAPITOL" :confused: :iwo:

Wyoming
01-04-09, 03:08 PM
So how do we fix it? I am tired of being held hostage.

In the voting booth!

Oh wait, see what got us in November.:mad:

(Did I just throw a bone at the Dogs? Love you Brothers!!:angel: )

ragu68
01-04-09, 03:55 PM
It is about time we as Americans to stand up to these men and women who are there to represent their district. They have given away are hard earn tax money to any body who asked. You know when ever they (congress) needs a pay raise all they have to do is vote on it and BINGO they got it. Little by little they seem that they want to control and keep track on us by putting a tracking device on are vehicles to monitoring are milage, well not this former Marine, once you give them that inch the next thing they will want is a mile. I believe my freedom is slowly but surley being taken away from me and I for one resent that. Semper Fi

Petz
01-04-09, 04:00 PM
ragu, I fought for our freedom... and so have you and every other Marine on this site... do you really think we'll stop at military service?

PaidinBlood
01-04-09, 04:11 PM
CHRIS.....Beautiful family picture!! Speak Arabic, or Farsi?? I hope BOTH! Our government, won't allow "us", to fix anything! Ever seen the movie, "Shooter"? The Senator in the movie, tells it like it is! "NO right, or wrong, just the 'haves, and the have nots'....which one do you want to be?" That's a quote, from the movie, and he's RIGHT!! SO......NOW WHAT???.....SEMPER FI.....Doc Greek

Thanks, Doc! And yes, when the time comes, I may not be fluent, but I will be able to order kebab for all of us! Just follow me, أخي ! [brother] :D As for the Iranians, I know they speak M16.

DocGreek
01-04-09, 05:06 PM
Chris.....Saw an episode of Sgt. Ermey's, about weapons, and the guy he was talking with, said that the AK-47, was the best, because it could take a he** of a beating, and was VERY cheap to make!! HEY! Greeks=Souvlaki, Kabobs!.....SEMPER FI.....Doc Greek P.S.>
My spelling of Kabob, came from my "YaYa"!

PaidinBlood
01-04-09, 05:23 PM
:D I bet your dear old yaya made the hell outta some moussaka, and she spelled it however the hell she wanted. :beer:

DocGreek
01-04-09, 05:28 PM
CHRIS....gonna make you, AND Family FRIENDS!! HAPPY NEW YEAR, BRO!!......SEMPER FI........Doc Greek