PDA

View Full Version : Glasses

mrod32
01-01-09, 03:42 PM
I was just wondering how long after you get to boot camp are your glasses issued if you need them.

Brig
01-01-09, 03:46 PM
if it's nothing extreme with the eyes, usually immediately after the eye exam within the first few days. It may take a couple days if your vision is something extreme

stein07
01-01-09, 10:21 PM
You will wear your civilian glasses up until the point where you are issued your BCG's (if that's what you are worried about).

mrod32
01-02-09, 01:08 AM
ya i just wanna know how long it takes to get issued your "BC" glasses. If I get there on a Monday will I have them by the end of the week?

CarolinaMarine
01-02-09, 02:18 AM
Should yes. Unless they get lost or sent somewhere else or something. Pending a retard mix up, yes you should have them by then. Seems like i got mine withen a day or so of them testing my eyes....maybe even that same day. If i remember correctly they just used the same prescription of my civilian glasses and made some nice new BCGs for me.

Scottie0417
01-02-09, 02:26 AM
There's no definite way of telling you when you'll get yours. Some guys got them a week into training, I got mine about two weeks in, and some didn't get them until the end of first phase

Qwarkeh
01-02-09, 03:31 AM
When I went through in May all they did was check my eyes, and twenty minutes later they handed me those beautiful portholes of delight.

2nd gen sgt
01-02-09, 08:21 AM
I was in third phase before I got mine, but I had astigmatism, don't know why it took so long, but the Photo Grey was nice while it lasted

NoRemorse
01-02-09, 08:24 AM
They make you look sexy too. The drill instructors were so jealous they kept harassing us.... Hmm, maybe that was cause we were recruits....

BR34
01-02-09, 08:27 AM
I was in third phase before I got mine, but I had astigmatism, don't know why it took so long, but the Photo Grey was nice while it lasted

Yea, it took me 3 weeks to get mine. For the same reason.

NoRemorse
01-02-09, 08:36 AM
Yea, it took me 3 weeks to get mine. For the same reason.

I also had severe astigmatism. I remember having my BCG's before receiving week was over. I believe I got there on a Wednesday and was awake the whole week.

Could see how craptacular our racks looked.

stein07
01-02-09, 08:43 AM
I think I got mine right after they did the exam, but I can't remember for sure. I had to go back right before rifle range to get them changed because the prescription in my right eye was totally jacked, and I didn't want to shoot with it that way.

When you get them if they aren't good to go, tell someone.

mrod32
01-02-09, 09:18 AM
Ok I appreciate the replies, the reason why I asked is because I normally wear contacts and I actually lost one. So I am only wearing one lense for now and I wanted to know how long I would have to. I ship on Monday.