PDA

View Full Version : How competitive is re-entry into the MC?

webwife1
12-31-08, 12:31 PM
I've been reading that boat space is very limited and competitive for FY 2009. <br />
<br />
I have been out almost 7 years. I was an E-5 and a 2531(0621). I got an honorable discharge, and had a great MC...

NoRemorse
12-31-08, 12:39 PM
I don't believe you'd need a waiver for your age depending on how many years you were on Active Duty. They would calculate your composite age and that would bring you under the cut-off. <br />
<br />
The rest...

Troy00690
12-31-08, 01:01 PM
I was told I could not reenlist with 3 kids and my wife. That is to many dependents. I was told the cut off was 3 dependents. 2 kids and spouse. If you find a recruiter that tells you something different than the 4 that I talked to pass there number to me before I go Army.

Isrowei
12-31-08, 02:06 PM
Boat space IS limited. The Marine Corps will hit it's 202k goal by mid-2009. However, officer accession is lagging so if you have a 4 year degree... you might consider pursuing a commission.

webwife1
01-02-09, 11:05 PM
I will have to ask a recruiter then about the dependent waiver.

I had thought about going the officer route, but as of now I am only a quarter of the way done with school. 3 years left would make me 33- even with my 4+ years in, I think I would be too old at that point?

Thanks.

Petz
01-02-09, 11:13 PM
uh, are you a single mother? they may not award you that waiver.

they generally don't like females who are single parents with two kids, because a single mother with one kid is tough enough with the child care issues.... you do have to work ya know!! haha. good luck on all that waivering... but boat spaces are, per the order, available to Prior Service re-enlistees only in the first quarter of the fiscal year... and I'm not sure if that's changed or been waived in the mean-time.... I don't want to get you disappointed but if you're interested I have been posting a lot of info about getting back into the Corps in another Thread... let me know and I'll send you a link.

webwife1
01-04-09, 09:48 AM
uh, are you a single mother? they may not award you that waiver.

they generally don't like females who are single parents with two kids, because a single mother with one kid is tough enough with the child care issues.... you do have to work ya know!! haha. good luck on all that waivering... but boat spaces are, per the order, available to Prior Service re-enlistees only in the first quarter of the fiscal year... and I'm not sure if that's changed or been waived in the mean-time.... I don't want to get you disappointed but if you're interested I have been posting a lot of info about getting back into the Corps in another Thread... let me know and I'll send you a link.

LOL- no, I'm not a single mom. I am happily married to the childrens father. (We met and married in the Marine Corps over 8 years ago)

I would like that link to the thread you talked about, I'm sure it'll be helpful. Thanks!