PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year Marines!!

mcvet57103
12-31-08, 07:19 AM
For all you old salts. A little dirge on getting old.

I would never trade my amazing friends, my wonderful life, my loving family for less gray hair or a flatter belly.

As I've aged, I've become kinder to myself, and less critical of myself. I've become my own friend. I don't chide myself for eating that extra cookie, or for not making my bed, or for buying that silly cement gecko that I didn't need, but looks so avante garde on my patio. I am entitled to a treat, to be messy, to be extravagant.

I have seen too many dear friends leave this world too soon; before they understood the great freedom that comes with aging.

Whose business is it if I choose to read or play on the computer until 4 AM and sleep until noon? I will dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the 60 &70's, and if I, at the same time, wish to weep over a lost love ... I will.

I will walk the beach in a swim suit that is stretched over a bulging body, and will dive into the waves with abandon if I choose to, despite the pitying glances from the jet set.

They, too, will get old.
I know I am sometimes forgetful.
But there again, some of life is just as well forgotten. And I eventually remember the important things.

Sure, over the years my heart has been broken. How can your heart not break when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers,
or even when somebody's beloved pet gets hit by a car?

But broken hearts are what give us strength and understanding and
compassion. A heart never broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect.
I am so blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turning gray, and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched into deep grooves on my face.
So many have never laughed, and so many have died before their hair could turn silver.

As you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less about what other people think. I don't question myself anymoreI've even earned the right to be wrong.
So, to answer your question, I like being old. It has set me free. I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be. And I shall eat dessert every single day(if I feel like it).

MAY OUR FRIENDSHIP NEVER COME APART ESPECIALLY WHEN IT'S STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART!

MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE A RAINBOW OF SMILES ON YOUR FACE AND IN YOUR HEART FOREVER AND EVER! FRIENDS FOREVER! Semper Fi

thedrifter
12-31-08, 07:31 AM
Every man should be born again on the first day of January. Start with a fresh page. Take up one hole more in the buckle if necessary, or let down one, according to circumstances; but on the first of January let every man gird himself once more, with his face to the front, and take no interest in the things that were and are past.

Have a Happy and Safe New Year!

Ellie

Marine84
12-31-08, 07:38 AM
Happy New Year!!

DocGreek
12-31-08, 08:18 AM
Absolutely....NO REGRETS!! "WE", old farts, gave our best......sometimes, we were wrong, but learning to forgive yourself, and accept the consequences, of your actions, is called, "Becoming". I'll give my best, till I take my last breath, with NO remorse for ANYTHING.....PERIOD!! If "you", don't know it by now, every day as a human, on this "little" planet, has been a "GIFT", treasure every hour, day, and ALL of your memories. "YOU", will never be here again....it's a one way trip, enjoy EVERY bit of it!! MCVET57103, has told "it", as it is! HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!!.....SEMPER FIDELIS......Doc Greek

davblay
12-31-08, 08:55 AM
Live every day like it's your last day and you'll gain a total new respect for this life we have. I DO!

Semper Fi, and Happy New Year!

Dave

sscjoe
12-31-08, 09:02 AM
Happy New Year To All My Brothers And Sisters. Let The New Year Bring Health And Prosperity And Plenty Of Free Beer. First Round On Me

Wyoming
12-31-08, 09:08 AM
Damm, good response Ms Ellie.

Semper Fidelis Brothers and Sisters and Happy New Year to ALL!!

JAGarland
12-31-08, 10:29 AM
Happy New Year!

Jarhed87
12-31-08, 10:37 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/29zbzmo.jpg

SGT7477
12-31-08, 10:56 AM
Happy New Year Marines, God Bless our Beloved Marine Corps.

Marine1955
12-31-08, 11:54 AM
may 2009 bring us better times than 2008!!only god knows whats ahead! May each and everyone out there have a happy newyear.

jetdawgg
12-31-08, 11:58 AM
Happy New Year 2009 already:usmc:

ecfree
12-31-08, 12:43 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my MARINE BROTHERS and SISTERS
GOD BLESS Y'ALL

NoRemorse
12-31-08, 12:51 PM
Happy Friggen New Years Marines. May your environment be target-rich, heavy in booze, and plentiful with the chow.

God Bless the Marine Corps.

sim37
12-31-08, 01:32 PM
Happy New Year Marines!!!

jrhd97
12-31-08, 03:43 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR !! :beer:

Ed Palmer
12-31-08, 04:13 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR !! :beer:

what he said

Phantom Blooper
12-31-08, 04:24 PM
Your contract of friendship has been renewed for the New Year 2009!

It was a very hard decision to make.

So try not to screw it up!!!:beer:

My Wish for You in 2009

May peace break into your house and may thieves come to steal your debts.

May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet of $100 bills.

May love stick to your face like Vaseline.

And may laughter assault your lips!

May your clothes smell of success like smoking tires.

May happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be that of joy.

May the problems you had forget your home address!

In simple words . . . May 2009 be the best year EVER!!! :beer:

:evilgrin:

jrhd97
12-31-08, 04:45 PM
Good to go PB ..... now where can I get a pair of those jeans?

yellowwing
12-31-08, 06:56 PM
Happy New Years! I'll be on Designated Driver Duty for the girlfriend and her two daughters. Sure we'll go out and kick our heels up, but with an eye on the cell phone.

mcvet57103
12-31-08, 07:03 PM
Happy New Years! I'll be on Designated Driver Duty for the girlfriend and her two daughters. Sure we'll go out and kick our heels up, but with an eye on the cell phone.Have fun Wing. Have one for this old fart who'll be asleep by 2000 hours. SF Talk at ya next year. :thumbup:

Twitchell
12-31-08, 07:52 PM
Happy New Years Devils. It's gonna be a good one. I know ok, I'm telapathetic like that!

NoRemorse
12-31-08, 08:28 PM
Happy New Years Devils. It's gonna be a good one. I know ok, I'm telapathetic like that!

What he said, Happy New Years Marines. :thumbup:

skipperwo1
12-31-08, 08:30 PM
Happy New Year Everyone!!! I've sneaked past the GRIM REEPER again.

Enigmatic
12-31-08, 08:51 PM
Happy New Year Marines. From Alaska!

Phantom Blooper
12-31-08, 09:13 PM
I've sneaked past the GRIM REEPER again.

Me too...I stuck the mistletoe in my back pocket this Christmas and New Year season and told him to kiss my azz!:beer:

:evilgrin:

mcvet57103
12-31-08, 09:28 PM
Happy New Years Devils. It's gonna be a good one. I know ok, I'm telapathetic like that!Good for you Twitch. My telepathy tells me I won't live to see another new year. SF

NoRemorse
12-31-08, 09:32 PM
Good for you Twitch. My telepathy tells me I won't live to see another new year. SF

So drink this one up and be merry, Semper Fi :usmc:

mcvet57103
12-31-08, 09:38 PM
So drink this one up and be merry, Semper Fi :usmc:No remorse. I did my best. I guess the best is all I can do. Happy New Year to all. Semper Fi Marines.

NoRemorse
12-31-08, 09:54 PM
No remorse. I did my best. I guess the best is all I can do. Happy New Year to all. Semper Fi Marines.

We're Marines. we don't do our best; we ARE the best. Semper Fi, brother

mcvet57103
12-31-08, 10:02 PM
We're Marines. we don't do our best; we ARE the best. Semper Fi, brotherSemper Fi

DocGreek
12-31-08, 10:45 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR, MARINES!! May the New Year, find you with a cold beer, in one hand, and your arm, around a Beautiful, Sexy Lady!......SEMPER FIDELIS......Doc Greek

Quinbo
12-31-08, 11:19 PM
Happy New Year to all!
I enjoyed your post mcvet and your response Ellie

Enigmatic
01-01-09, 12:06 AM
Happy new years Marines I am soooooooooooooo drunk right now. I love you all. Semper Fi.

Twitchell
01-01-09, 03:59 AM
Good for you Twitch. My telepathy tells me I won't live to see another new year. SF

If your telepathy tells you that, I'm deffinently screwed, cause I'm younger than you are, and I could swear i could hear angel's singin. At first, I thought it was my Tinitus in my left ear, but now I'm convinced that it was my conscience telling me I should be in sioux falls SD, shootin jello shot's, and drinkin beers with you, rather than hangin out with a bunch of firefighters telling fire story's (YAWN), and hang out with someone that understands me, and what it is to be a Marine for a change.

Happy New Years brother. I look forward to speakin with you not only throughout this year, but well into 2010. Semper Fidelis, and I mean it. ALWAYS FAITHFUL DEVIL DOG. Oorah...

Twitchell
01-01-09, 04:13 AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR, MARINES!! May the New Year, find you with a cold beer, in one hand, and your arm, around a Beautiful, Sexy Lady!......SEMPER FIDELIS......Doc Greek

You found me with everything except the Sexy Lady Doc Greek. Not that I didn't have my chance,(wink wink), but it was a good time and don't regret it a bit. "Well, maybe tommarow", ask me at about 1400 hours how I feel!

Espeacially do to our recent post's, Happy New Years DOC. Reguardless of you not being active any more, your always there to take care of people. Freakin amazing. Like I said before, your an amazing man. Oorah Devil DOC! Happy New Year

jrhd97
01-01-09, 08:22 AM
Hey .... I'm just lucky. I rang in the New Year with both, and a house full of close friends ...... and about 8 screaming kids. Wouldn't trade it.

thedrifter
01-01-09, 10:16 AM
puttin on the ritz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH2nQHPs4aA

New Year's Day -- History, Traditions, and Customs

http://wilstar.com/holidays/newyear.htm

Ellie

Sgt Jim
01-01-09, 11:42 AM
Still trying to get my eyes uncrossed to read what i write ,Happy New Year.Semper Fi to all my brothers and sisters.

Gunner 0313
01-01-09, 11:59 AM
:flag: Happy New Year !!! Semper Fidelis !!! May we all remember our brothers that serve in harms way today and everyday.

Don't forget to eat your black eyed peas today.

Twitchell
01-01-09, 12:49 PM
Damn I got krunk last night!

Whitey
01-02-09, 12:25 AM
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/15/l_00d5f1e4209c4c21b8070ea6cde98e9e.jpg

happy new year from my alter ego for one night only(new years eve) Kyrk Paisley guitarist of the hit 80's band Snaut Rokket.

thats not makeup on his eye. its actually a black eye.