PDA

View Full Version : Marine Mountain Warfare Training

melgunit
12-30-08, 10:32 PM
Im signing up for 0311,
Can i request to go to MCMWTC in my contract

oifvet23
12-30-08, 10:37 PM
Sure and you can request to be the commandant anytime, Kid start small try signing on the dotted line first, then worry about bootcamp, and the SOI. If you get to far ahead of yourself you wont be in the moment and there is nothing greater than the moment.

thewookie
12-30-08, 11:06 PM
You can request anything you want, what you'll get is another story.. You're not going to MWTC unless you're salty - or after one tour.

NoRemorse
12-30-08, 11:08 PM
You can request anything you want, what you'll get is another story.. You're not going to MWTC unless you're salty - or after one tour.

One away, Sgt. :thumbup:

smoking gunz
01-01-09, 05:14 PM
Your battalion will more than likely go as part of a buildup. You learn the very basics of mountain warfare. It is up in bridgeport. Before my unit went they asked who wanted to take the actual course. I am not sure how they picked who got to go but we had LCPL through SGT go about a month before my unit went. Then once we got there they assisted the instructers on showing us the basics. But the actual course is very hard and has a high drop rate. So it depends on your unit and how many spots they have.

Sgt Leprechaun
01-01-09, 10:42 PM
The short answer is "No".

Quinbo
01-01-09, 11:53 PM
My class started with 40 and graduated 13. You have to be at least a Sgt to attend. To be an instructor there you have to completed both summer and winter mountain leaders courses. There are training packages for units there that are a bit different but still demanding.

As an 0300 you will not stand a snowballs chance in hell of getting stationed there on your first tour.

Quinbo
01-01-09, 11:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=613EyKf7avA

Allen870922
01-02-09, 09:09 AM
My Battalion went there for the end of the summer package from October-November. Sun beat down on you hard at that altitude and it gets ****ing cold. First morning there it was -5. You get winded just walking from the squadbays to the chow hall that first week. One of my buddy's said one morning "who do you have to **** off to get stationed here? if anyone finds out let me know so I can make sure I don't **** that person off".

You will more than likely not get stationed there unless you got some combat tours in afghanistan and you have done the mountain leaders course for the summer and winter packages. Only Marines that got sent for that were a few of our Cpls. There were also a few of the junior enlisted that went a month early to do the animal packers course. But yeah, only way you'll go is if your battalion goes.

yellowwing
01-02-09, 10:37 AM
Who wants to bet that they've increased their training staff lately? ;)

Zulu 36
01-02-09, 04:14 PM
Who wants to bet that they've increased their training staff lately? ;)

I ain't taking that bet.

When I went to MWS, summer package, my unit was attached to an infantry battalion. Most of our instructors were force recon types. The sergeant attached to my group was great. A mental case, but a great instructor.