PDA

View Full Version : son's deploying

marinemama
12-30-08, 03:30 PM
My youngest will be deploying soon and wanted me to fly to NC to see him off. He has given me a 4 day window on when he might leave. He is at Lejeune....Does anyone know any good hotels in the area that are fairly safe and not really expensive? I figure I will get a refundable ticket, just in case things change, and fly in the day before he could possibly leave. Any suggestions, tips or what to expect will be greatly appreciated.

The oldest is a bit easier, he is closer to home. I just hope it isn't the same four days...a mom's worst nightmare for sure!

Hope everyone has a great 2009! Happy New Year! :banana:

Phantom Blooper
12-30-08, 03:48 PM
http://hotel-guides.us/north-carolina/jacksonville-nc-hotels.html

http://www.libertyinnlejeune.com/

Although I do not frequent the hotels any longer in Jacksonville,I would recommend the Liberty Inn as it is the closest to mainside Camp Lejeune and from what I was told by a few of my Beirut brethren in October that it was/is a nice hotel.

The airport in Onslow County is small but efficient.

http://www.co.onslow.nc.us/airport/

Hope this helps...let me know if I can be of some assistance.:evilgrin:

Zulu 36
12-30-08, 06:37 PM
Well, if it's any consolation, my oldest daughter works at the casualty receiving unit at Ramstein AB, Germany. Everyone getting medically evacuated (for whatever reason) from Iraq or the 'Stan goes through there on the way to Landstuhl Hospital or stateside.

She says they haven't been terribly busy lately and most of their patients are there because of accidents or illnesses. A few due to some really stupid accidents (like checking the fuel level in a vehicle at night with a Bic lighter - Army guy).

Marine84
12-31-08, 08:43 AM
(like checking the fuel level in a vehicle at night with a Bic lighter - Army guy).

I spewed on that one!

jrhd97
12-31-08, 08:53 AM
I spewed on that one!
Now I have a mess to clean up LOL!! ..... that was stupid funny. You aren't the only one 84. What a friggin idiot.

Zulu 36
12-31-08, 08:55 AM
I spewed on that one!

It's true too. My daughter helped carry his litter and later handled his med records. He was in critical condition with a lot of 2d and 3d degree burns. They had to lay on a special evac flight the next day for him to Brooke Hospital burn center, direct flight with in-flight refuels, and two flight crews aboard due to the flight time involved in a non-stop.

All of that because he was a dummy. I don't know if he has or will survive. Cristina said he was in really bad shape.

ScottsMom
12-31-08, 12:01 PM
When is your Marine deploying? My son is also at Lejeune and is scheduled to deploy in the early spring? He is part of the 22nd MEU.

marinemama
12-31-08, 05:43 PM
My youngest from Lejeune is going in Feb, but he isn't on a MEU. My oldest isn't sure, but within Feb/Mar. Are you going to see him off? I will let you know from the links from Phantom Blooper, which are good places to stay. Thanks for those and your kind offer of help.

I can't even imagine that poor Army guy getting so badly burned for something so silly. I hope he is OK.

I'm not really worried about them, they are getting the best training available to them to do that job that they have. I know they have lots of people that look after them, as they will in return. I worry about the change of power on the 20th, regardless of the person....it is a prime time for the extreme people to cause chaos. I will just keep all that are there and the ones going in my prayers. I will just miss them very very much.

Zulu 36
12-31-08, 05:56 PM
I spewed on that one!

Geeze, woman, darned near every Marine on this site owes you for a monitor or keyboard. :marine:

Zulu 36
12-31-08, 06:06 PM
I can't even imagine that poor Army guy getting so badly burned for something so silly. I hope he is OK.

I spoke with my daughter today. As far as she knows he has made it so far, but he went to Brooke in San Antonio for treatment. She's going to try and track him down through the system and get a status.

It was more than just silly, it was plain stupid.

Artemis
12-31-08, 06:17 PM
If there are no available rooms at the Liberty Inn (I'm sure there will be) try the Triangle Inn. A good bit further away but nice for what you pay for the rooms.

OldMarineMom
12-31-08, 07:57 PM
Marinemama,

Camp Lejeune has a motel right there on the base....Lejeune Inn. Phone number is 910-451-3041. We stayed there when my son deployed and then when he got back.

Hope this link works....http://www.mccslejeune.com/lejeuneinn.html

Mary :flag:

Phantom Blooper
12-31-08, 08:06 PM
Thanks for that link...I was told what the website portrays that most of those rooms now are for family of wounded warriors and personnel waiting housing or have orders. back in the days this used to be called the "Hostess House"...it sure has grown.

Anything is worth a shot!

Thanks!:evilgrin:

OldMarineMom
12-31-08, 09:05 PM
Phantom,

We were there a year ago at this time, and unless things have changed since then, I think they still make reservations for family members of those that are deploying or coming back.

Phantom Blooper
12-31-08, 09:11 PM
OldMarineMom,

Learn something new everyday...my info is about three years old.

Hope marinemama is able to get a reservation there. Easier to navigate and it is just like it's own little city on mainside in that area.

Again thanks for the info...will have to update my source. :beer:

:evilgrin:

jesi8705
12-31-08, 09:19 PM
My youngest will be deploying soon and wanted me to fly to NC to see him off. He has given me a 4 day window on when he might leave. He is at Lejeune....Does anyone know any good hotels in the area that are fairly safe and not really expensive? I figure I will get a refundable ticket, just in case things change, and fly in the day before he could possibly leave. Any suggestions, tips or what to expect will be greatly appreciated.

The oldest is a bit easier, he is closer to home. I just hope it isn't the same four days...a mom's worst nightmare for sure!

im dont know if the bases in jacksonville have one but you could check out and see if there is a TEQ or BEQ on the base.. i mean they are not the nicest but they are cheap and close to your son..

marinemama
01-02-09, 12:32 PM
Thanks everyone! I need to call back 30 days in advance for a room at the Lejeune Inn, but am allowed to stay there. Yeah! I spoke to my son before he left for training, and he thought that would be best because traffic is a nightmare. I have made tentative reservations at the Liberty Inn, just in case...I will cancel those when I get my other room.

I also booked my flight, and found a really good deal flying in to Jacksonville. Great tip! I will be there for a week, figured that would give us a better chance to hang out a little, if there is time before he goes.

If any of you are close and want to have cocktails, PM or e-mail me...I won't post the dates on the open site for the safety of his Unit.

Thanks again!

OldMarineMom
01-02-09, 05:58 PM
Marinemama,

Unless things had changed since we had been there a year ago, I figured that you could probably get a room at Lejeune Inn. Staying there is just so much easier and convienent (sp), and you'll be amongst other parent's that are either there seeing their service member off or welcoming them back.

If you have any other questions, PM or e-mail me.........

marinemama
01-06-09, 03:12 PM
Does anyone know where to find info on Siphon 8 training? Not sure if that is how it is spelled or for sure if that is what it is called....It is for Engineers. Thanks!

Thanks Mary, I got your e-mail....Brilliant information!

marinemama
01-07-09, 10:54 AM
I got some more info on Siphon 8, for anyone that is interested. It is where they take the Engineer's out and let them survey in the rough, build stuff, etc. All the stuff my son has done before consisted of base things, he has surveyed streets and buildings or blowing stuff up in the boonies. This will be more controlled and let him use his skills outside with only one other Engineer. He is looking forward to it, although he figures it will be a lot of yelling, which he doesn't get now.

Can't wait to hit Lejeune and cruise around, new base, new area. I will be looking forward to meeting you Ellie, at your bar. Drinks will certainly be needed.

CplKJSpevak
01-07-09, 11:09 AM
Good Luck to You and your Marine's!

marinemama
01-09-09, 03:36 PM
Good Luck to You and your Marine's!

Thank you Corporal! Have a nice weekend.

Big Jim
01-09-09, 07:22 PM
Hugs And Kisses, Monica....!!! May You And Your Boys Be Blessed...!!! Semper Fi...!!!

marinemama
01-09-09, 08:44 PM
Hugs And Kisses, Monica....!!! May You And Your Boys Be Blessed...!!! Semper Fi...!!!

Thanks Jim! Back at ya!

Sgt Leprechaun
01-12-09, 02:58 PM
OMG....Monica + Ellie + Lejeune + booze.....god help the Marines :)

marinemama
01-13-09, 10:54 PM
OMG....Monica + Ellie + Lejeune + booze.....god help the Marines :)

:D That is a funny thought. You do know me better than Ellie does, I haven't had the chance to go back and forth with her...sure you can't make it too? Can you imagine the carnage?

Ellie, I think we should let loose on Jacksonville!

Sgt Leprechaun
01-14-09, 06:22 AM
LOL. I wish.

marinemama
02-02-09, 01:01 AM
LOL. I wish.

me too ;)

Plans are on hold for my pending trip...A Marine Mom is always prepared for changes to the calender....places and dates have changed for both of them. What a learning curve for sure.

I will let you know when I am ready to light Jacksonville on fire, you might make it there yet. :beer:

marinemama
03-01-09, 10:13 PM
One down, one to go...I am so proud and sad all at the same time. I will let you know when #2 is gone. :cry:

I just have to have faith that they know the training they have been given and use it each and every day. They are the best of the best, in my humble opinion, being Marines...this son, even as new as he is, was hand picked for this mission...outstanding!

FRO's are AMAZING! I am fortunate that on both sides of the country, I have two really good ones. Yeah!

lthunder
03-01-09, 11:38 PM

'
Hey, been there done that. Camp LeJeune is always good under my condition. Never had a discamplaint, never had a good one. You should take your son there and then see the sea around there... Seriously, my mother is like private inthis and ends up loving it...

lthunder
03-01-09, 11:54 PM

This is terrible despite the faith I have in this camp... Marines adapt, overcome and will manuever no matter what. However, I have found marines wanting... They are always a needy group deservance of Justice in the south, but yet they are sour... It is only with the interet of my self that I offerr myself.

DocGreek
03-02-09, 08:23 AM
WHAT??? Could you please translate that post. I'm a blonde, and need assistance with some of those big words!....DOC

Sgt Leprechaun
03-02-09, 03:11 PM
Houston....I think we have an issue.....LOL

Sgt Leprechaun
03-02-09, 03:12 PM
One down, one to go...I am so proud and sad all at the same time. I will let you know when #2 is gone. :cry:

I just have to have faith that they know the training they have been given and use it each and every day. They are the best of the best, in my humble opinion, being Marines...this son, even as new as he is, was hand picked for this mission...outstanding!

FRO's are AMAZING! I am fortunate that on both sides of the country, I have two really good ones. Yeah!

Mama, they'll do GREAT, and love the deployment. Godspeed to them and they'll be home before you know it!

marinemama
03-06-09, 06:07 PM
"Hey, been there done that. Camp LeJeune is always good under my condition. Never had a discamplaint, never had a good one. You should take your son there and then see the sea around there... Seriously, my mother is like private inthis and ends up loving it..."

"This is terrible despite the faith I have in this camp... Marines adapt, overcome and will manuever no matter what. However, I have found marines wanting... They are always a needy group deservance of Justice in the south, but yet they are sour... It is only with the interet of my self that I offerr myself."

lthunder, thanks for taking the time to reply to my post and thinking of my Marines.

Taking each day at a time since he left, but know he is with strong amazing Marines.....Thanks everyone for your wonderful support. Getting closer to the younger one leaving....going to have a wee visit with him in a couple of weeks...yeah! I can't wait to see NC. This trip will be a fun one, that one after that will be a bit more stressful...lol lol

lthunder
03-06-09, 10:03 PM
WHAT??? Could you please translate that post. I'm a blonde, and need assistance with some of those big words!....DOC

Been there? I'm just saying its a record stats.

Sgt Leprechaun
03-10-09, 05:48 AM
All:

IThunder is quite llikely a despicable poser. Disregard anything written or stated.

To begin with, you have an incomplete profile. Until you complete same, you will get no further response (nor should you) from anyone on this site, effective now. And, until you explain yourself, fully, to a moderator, expect to hear black helicopters coming to extract your butt from this site and be eliminated from cluttering up our area.

Unless and until I hear otherwise, I will be posting this response after every single thing you put here as a warning to other Marines, Marine friends, and poolees. Suggest you unfrack yourself ASAP.

JohnEaceHunt
03-10-09, 10:02 PM
Well leprechaun, until the website gives Mr. Thunder a profile to fill out, we will never know will we? there is only -about me, which only has current state-home state-Gender-and contact info on it.------statistics and contact info.Thats about the only profile he has to fill out. Whole bunch isn't it?

marinemama
03-11-09, 05:51 PM
Got an e-mail from the eldest last night. They are very very busy and he is working really hard. He said he is doing well though. He was able to use a Seebees account to send the message...they have e-mail access. Yeah! They don't get to it very often, because it is far, but we weren't expecting that type of communication for a couple of months...so woo hoo!

I am looking forward to my fun trip to NC next week! We were told it would be really short notice for them to leave and I don't want to miss the chance to hang with him. I can't wait to see him!

Sgt Leprechaun
03-17-09, 09:29 AM
Great!!! Hope you had/have a good time!!!

marinemama
03-17-09, 01:57 PM
Thanks Jason....I leave on Thursday!

Just for you.....lol

Beannachtái Lá Fhéile Pádraig

Sgt Leprechaun
03-17-09, 02:06 PM
:) Back at ya for sure!

marinemama
03-20-09, 12:44 PM
Hey Everyone! I am in NC! It is really pretty here...love the trees, the green and the very very cool Osprey's! Yeah! Jason, I stopped in that place...lol No pics, sorry. Met someone really nice in the parking lot, if you are on here, THANK YOU for being so sweet. I made it back to my hotel, it was nice of you to offer :o) My son is at work at the moment, so I am patiently waiting for his call, so I can go pick him up. Lovely base...I am in a great hotel and I appreciate all your help on here. I will be back here soon, I am sorry to say, to see him off.

Heard from my oldest last night, we talked on Facebook IM for about 15 minutes, it was amazing. They are all working very hard over there. He sounds good. Hope they all stay safe and come back home soon.

Sgt Leprechaun
03-20-09, 02:00 PM
Sweeet! Good deal, and have a great time!

marinemama
04-01-09, 11:47 AM
Good morning! Quick question for you all. I have found the pay charts for normal on a base Marines for each rank. I have been asked by the FRO to make sure my son's pay is correct...I am not sure where to find that info. He is deployed to a combat zone, A Lance Corporal, lives on base, single with no dependents. I see all the stuff for combat, but am unsure how to figure out what he would be getting...Any suggestions or help would be appreciated?

Zulu 36
04-01-09, 12:21 PM
Good morning! Quick question for you all. I have found the pay charts for normal on a base Marines for each rank. I have been asked by the FRO to make sure my son's pay is correct...I am not sure where to find that info. He is deployed to a combat zone, A Lance Corporal, lives on base, single with no dependents. I see all the stuff for combat, but am unsure how to figure out what he would be getting...Any suggestions or help would be appreciated?

On the chart should be the figure for combat pay (hostile-fire pay), which is a per-month amount (usually divided by two and each part paid with a normal pay day. He gets no housing allowance or subsistence allowance (those are provided "in-kind," in other words he has a barracks room and goes to the chow hall to eat, or is provided MREs).

He also should have no income tax deductions, however, he still has the social security deduction (FISA).

He probably is not parachute qualified, and if he is, probably not in a jump slot, so parachute pay won't be a factor. Other hazardous duty pay is not applicable as he isn't EOD, on a ship as crew, on a sub, etc. As he is single, he gets no family separation allowance.

Add up his monthly base pay and combat pay. Multiply by .075 (7.5%) to get his social security deduction. Subtract that from the monthly gross total to get his monthly net. Divide that by two to get a figure for his bi-weekly pay check amount.

The figures may not be 100% on-target, but should be close enough to tell if his pay is OK.

marinemama
04-01-09, 12:44 PM
Thank you so much Sergeant for taking the time to post all that. I pulled up the pay chart and his LES and figured it out. It is pretty close, so I am happy.

No, he is an Engineer, so I didn't have to worry about the jump stuff or being on a MEU.

Thanks again for your time and quick reply.

marinemama
05-03-09, 07:26 PM
Just to let you all know, both of my Marines are deployed now.

I am hoping the time goes very very fast and I will keep all of them in my prayers.

marinemama
05-05-09, 12:26 PM
They both have boots in the same sand now...ugggg! I really hope they get to see each other.

Keeping all of you in the sand in my prayers!

Tracer4028
05-05-09, 05:17 PM
Hoping your sons get the chance to see each other too. Now the countdown to homecoming begins. What a glorious time that will be! I want you to know that their service and sacrifice is greatly appreciated by our family. Sending best wishes and prayers for their safe return home.

Take care and God bless. :flag:

Sgt Leprechaun
05-06-09, 10:32 AM
They both have boots in the same sand now...ugggg! I really hope they get to see each other.

Keeping all of you in the sand in my prayers!

Get some, lads!

marinemama
05-08-09, 11:31 PM
I am soooo proud of my eldest....this is what he does...engineering and surveying. I have another link with pictures, didn't see my son in any of them though.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iQsdQAuKzZl3hMgVzG60jVJVgRiQ (http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iQsdQAuKzZl3hMgVzG60jVJVgRiQ)

My youngest found where the oldest is....not far, same place just logistically not possible at the moment. Anyone have a humvee he can borrow? ha ha ha He does have the license.

marinemama
05-15-09, 11:48 PM
***breaking news*** lol lol

My son's finally hooked up! Woo Hoo! The eldest was soooo happy to see his brother, he had no idea he was walking to find him and waited two hours for him to get off work...what a great thing to end your day with...your brother standing at your Unit!

marinemama
06-06-09, 02:13 AM
I am only posting this here, because I am not allowed to post in the section it was originally posted in....My heart and soul are with MWSS371, this amazing hero, and his family. This Unit is working so very hard, like 2/8 and all the other brave Marines deployed. Please keep them all in your prayers, they still have a long road ahead of them. Thank you.

Boy gets special gifts from Marines for kindergarten graduation
Comments 2 | Recommend 3
June 4, 2009 - 5:23 PM
BY WILLIAM ROLLER, SUN STAFF WRITER

Alan Gonzalez received one of the best gifts a son could get from a father stationed overseas in the military - his safe return home.

Staff Sgt. Alonso Smith, an explosive ordnance technician with Marine Wing Support Squadron 371, was injured by an improvised explosive device in Afghanistan recently.

Yet he's now recuperating at the naval hospital in Bethesda, Md. Though he could not attend his son Alan's promotion from kindergarten to first grade at Harvest Preparatory Academy Thursday, he sent along several keepsakes and a letter read aloud by the 371st's Chief Warrant Officer Simon Wade.

"Alan, I'm very proud of you today. I know we worked hard together and I want you to know I'll keep on being there for you," Smith wrote his son.

Wade then gave to Alan his father's dogtags, and he stressed he especially wanted him to have the Eagle, Globe and Anchor, the Marine emblem.

"Alan had no idea we were coming today, we set it up as a complete surprise," Wade said. "And we'll take back all the videos (of the kindergarten promotion) back to Alonso now that he's recovering nicely."

Wade said that it was extremely important to Smith to know how Alan was doing despite his injuries.

"As I was sitting at his bedside yesterday, he's asking me how was his team," Wade said. "His level of selflessness is amazing to me, it's beyond reproach. Even from his hospital bed he showed concern for his fellow Marines. That's what Marines do. They take care of their fellow Marines."

And while recovering Staff Sgt. Smith had a distinguished visitor - President Barack Obama - who presented him with a Purple Heart for his injury. Smith was not just indiscriminately injured by the IED, but it is his job to find the devices and disarm them. The Marines were honored to be at Harvest Prep to assist Smith's family and speed his healing process, Wade said.

Alan's mother, Dulce, was also by his father's bedside so she could not attend his promotion ceremony, but expressed her pride in Alan's promotion in another letter read aloud.

But offering moral support for Alan was Dulce's brother, Albert Celaya, 17, a senior at Harvest Prep. Albert said he is very proud of Alan and is sure he will go all the way to college.

Although the family was upset upon first learning of Smith's injuries, they have complete confidence he will make a full recovery.

"Dulce's in control of the situation and she'll spend the next month in Maryland," Albert said. "I think Alonso is a really good man, brave and I'm very proud of him."

Alan said he was sad and worried when he first heard the news about his father, but he is happy now that he knows his father is safe. He also said he is glad to move up to first grade but he will miss his teacher Ms. Palencia.

Harvest Prep director Mario Ybarra said the school hopes to make the kindergarten celebration a more significant event and use it as an opportunity to build a strong parent/school relationship and strengthen school culture. He also said the Marine Corps serves as Alan's support mechanism to help his family in this difficult time.

"We're fortunate in our community to have systems in place, strong schools and families," Ybarra said. "Alan is very resilient and the Marines are his pillars to coping with his situation."

There were 68 students promoted from kindergarten to first grade and another 11 who advanced from preschool to kindergarten. Ybarra added there are three things important for the success of a student: teachers and their schools, parents and families, and the students themselves.

"When all three work in a unified effort, the success of the student is inevitable," he said. "I think Alan has all three."

--
William Roller can reached at wroller@yumasun.com (wroller@yumasun.com) or 539-6858.

marinemama
06-25-09, 05:22 PM
My two Marines are doing well over there. Working very very hard at the job at hand, and can't wait to be back home. Eldest is starting to count the other way now! Yay! Keeping my prayers out to both Units and all the others fighting this fight! What amazing honor and courage!

Sgt Leprechaun
06-26-09, 09:49 PM
Good deal! Semper Fi and stay low!

dono
06-27-09, 06:43 PM
Tell me about communication, please. How often do you hear from them? How?

My Marine is slated to go (Iraq) in September

marinemama
07-01-09, 08:50 PM
Tell me about communication, please. How often do you hear from them? How?

My Marine is slated to go (Iraq) in September

I hear from one of mine of FB, about once every week and a half to two weeks. Rarely on the phone, the phone lines where he is, can be up to three hours wait time. His work schedule is horrific, with the job that he is doing, so I would rather miss the call, and not have him wait in that really long line. My youngest I get mostly e-mails, and more phone calls up to now. I was getting e-mails everyday or almost everyday...but he is in Comm, so that is easier for him when he is on radio watch all night. They are waging a huge offensive at the moment...it was on CNN today, so I am not sure how good Comm will be now with him.

I have heard in Iraq, it is set up better than where my Marines are located at the moment. I am not sure that communication is as sparse....but I am guessing with both of mine in Afghanistan. One of the ones that is with my son, was in Ramadi last time they deployed, and they could use all sorts of things to communicate...he said where he is now...it sucks.

My best to your Marine always.

marinemama
07-15-09, 01:38 PM
My son's had pictures taken of them for a story they are running in the paper, and the reporter was kind enough to forward me a few of the pictures...here is one of my youngest. MCMAP baby....One mean looking Marine! So glad I am not doing that laundry. ha ha

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs199.snc1/6731_231940520202_710400202_7683023_1209646_n.jpg

DAMNPROUD
07-16-09, 06:32 AM
GREAT looking pic mom glad you are hearing from them.please thank them for me.
keith

marinemama
07-27-09, 04:52 PM
2/8 has suffered another loss of a brave Marine (it has been released on DOD).

Please remember them and all those fighting in your thoughts and prayers. It is a very sad day.

RIP brave Marines, you are gone, but never forgotten.

dizark
07-27-09, 09:16 PM
I wish your children the best of luck. I noticed you said your one son is in Comm. How's he liking it? Obviously I am in training to become a field radio operator and will be done September 9th. Were told well be deployed within 3 to 6 months most likely. Keep us updated for sure.

marinemama
07-28-09, 02:29 AM
I wish your children the best of luck. I noticed you said your one son is in Comm. How's he liking it? Obviously I am in training to become a field radio operator and will be done September 9th. Were told well be deployed within 3 to 6 months most likely. Keep us updated for sure.

Thank you. My youngest is a Field Radio Operator and was put with an Infantry Unit. He likes it, he has 12 hour shifts, today it is a 26 hour shift...which he is not to keen on....but he is very very busy. He went Advon when they deployed, and is currently doing a Sgt's job, and is a LCpl. They trust him, he works very hard and the SNCO's respect him. He is in H&S, so he loads code, has all the radios and takes them out when things are moving, he also makes sure they work and he has the stock to give them to the Companies....he also needs to travel to fix stuff outside the wire, and when he was at 29, they let him get his Humvee license, so he drives on his particular base to do certain tasks. I am sorry I can't say much about it...he is with 2/8, and they are movers and shakers at the moment and I wouldn't want to put any of them in any danger. I am sure once he is back, he would be happy to talk to you. He can't get on here where he is, and you might be gone before he gets home.

They are both good Marines and doing some pretty amazing stuff at the moment....I couldn't be more proud of them.

I wish you the very best, when you hit the Fleet.

IDontWheeze
07-28-09, 09:56 AM
MarineMama,
Thank you so much for your families sacrificies. You all will be in my prayers.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-28-09, 11:56 PM
Good deal Mama!

marinemama
07-29-09, 02:31 PM
Thank you both.

I am so very proud of 2/8, each and every one of them is working so very hard.

This link is to an ariticle that has been posted on NPR. Very motivating indeed, if you take the time to watch the short clip they put on, with the pictures.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2009/07/video_americans_battalion_unde.html?ft=1&f=103943429

Momof2Marines
08-03-09, 03:33 PM
From one Marine Mom to another you have my prayers, and Thank you for your sacrifice. I understand what it is to have 2 young men in the Corps at the same time.

Cyndy
PMM Randy and Jerry

marinemama
08-04-09, 01:13 AM
Thank you Cyndy! It is much appreciated.

It is pretty bad over there at the moment. I just keep praying for all the Marines in harms way.

marinemama
08-11-09, 04:18 PM
RIP Brave 2/8 Marines! You are gone, but never forgotten.

Very sad weekend for 2/8.....Please everyone, keep them in your hearts and in your prayers.

marinemama
08-24-09, 07:28 PM
Brothers reunite while deployed........

http://www.jdnews.com/news/marine-66895-corps-brothers.html

I am so incredibly proud of my Marines!

DAMNPROUD
08-25-09, 06:17 AM
And Proud You Should Be!

Sgt Leprechaun
08-25-09, 09:31 AM
Good Deal!!!!!!!

dono
09-12-09, 07:41 AM
How goes it with your boys?

marinemama
10-05-09, 02:56 AM
How goes it with your boys?

It is going well, thanks. Sorry it has taken so long to reply. My eldest is coming home very soon....Yay! I am so excited to see him. He has done amazing work over there, and thankfully is getting a NAM for it. Does a Mom's heart good!

My youngest son's Unit is taking a beating over there. His Unit has lost quite a few, and the time for them isn't up yet. Some are good buddies and some are brothers....all are hard. I am VERY proud that he has picked up Corporal over there! Woo Hoo! He was a 6 month LCpl, and being in Comm with a Grunt Unit, that was really good. Those cutting scores are so high for them all.

How are things with your son going?

dono
10-05-09, 06:08 AM
No problem and thanks for the reply.

Ben is standing by to get underway - if not today, surely in the next couple of days. Last he knew they may have weapons issue today. Had his last anthrax shot on Friday and he mailed some extra stuff home.

We have joined with a local support group for military families and we have our first dinner meeting tonight at the Golden Corral. This is good because I do not know any of the other families at all.

marinemama
10-11-09, 12:22 AM
My best to Ben with his deployment. I will be sure to add him and the rest in his Unit, in my prayers.

I am VERY happy to report that I have one of my Marines home! He made it back safely...woot woot! He is sleeping in his own bed, as I type....I am so jazzed! He came back on Tuesday night to many screams and one excited Mom, spent 3 mornings doing Marine stuff (I got him in the afternoons....yay!), we drove home Friday and he is on leave until Wednesday at noon! He looks great, got his award and I am so incredibly proud of him.

I can't wait for my 2/8 Marine to come home now! It will be a party for sure!

:D

Ladymimi
10-12-09, 12:38 AM
More prayers to your son and all the 2/8

Hey today in 60 minutes the unit was there ..!! did any one sow it ..? i did

lcpldriscoll122
10-12-09, 02:09 AM
There is a hotel on Lejeune called the Inn on Lejeune, if that is booked try the holiday inn express or the comfort suites...DO NOT STAY AT THE TRIANGLE........hookers.........hookers.........an d more hookers!!!

kfisbusy
10-12-09, 07:54 AM
:evilgrin::yes:Hi I would try Lejeune Inn frist. It is a real nice Inn and not that much in price. If they filled up. There is a motel 8 just off base about 2 miles it was a real clean motel and safe place to stay. My wife and I stayed at it two years ago when my son was deployed. I hope this helps. let myself and my wife know his name if you want and we will put him on the pray list at church with the rest of the men and women in the sev. We have a list just for them. my email is kfisbusy@centurytel.net Thank God for all of them that sev. Just rember he is in the best force in the world. THE UNTIED STATES MARINES THE FEW THE PROUD THE MARINES. SSGT. Francisco.:flag:

marinemama
10-12-09, 11:19 AM
Yes, I saw the 60 minutes segment on 2/8. It was hard to hear those names again of the fallen angels. What honor and respect shown, even during a time of war. Otherwise, Golf Co totally kicks some rear over there. All of 2/8 is amazing!

Thanks for the hotel choices. I stayed at the Lejeune Inn my last visit there. It was clean and close. I have stayed at two other hotel chains there too, but I think for homecoming, I am going to get him a place with some rooms. After being with people 24/7, I know my son that just came home needed a break and some alone time. Being stuck in a one room hotel, won't let him have that space.

Thanks Kfisbusy, I will send him name over to you. Any prayer is helpful, for sure. It was stressful having two over there, but I so agree, they are the best fighting force in the world! Love my two Marines!