PDA

View Full Version : Christmas in Beaufort

mgkusmc
12-30-08, 08:11 AM
Well I just got back not too terribly long ago from Beaufort South Carolina after spending Christmas down there with my parents.

Besides the usually ****ty travel conditions while flying on the holidays I also got a chance to do a motivational run (i.e. my flight landed at Detroit and I had 5 minutes to run from one end of the airport to the other to make my connecting flight)

It was an enjoyable Christmas, it was warm about 80 degrees xmas day. Pretty nice if you ask me. I got a dvd on the story of John Basilone cant wait to watch it. I also got a book that I think would be perfect for reading to my kid once he/she is old enough. Its called the "The Hat and the Cat" and its about a cat who is accidently mistaken for a weird looking recruit at recieving and goes through boot camp. It is well researched cause I was skeptical at first but when I read a few pages here and there its pretty accurate when it comes down to training. Perfect to read to kids too. To instill that killing seed in them.:bunny:

Also got a nice set of Luggage one is in Desert Digital and has wheels, the other is a nice bag in Woodland Digital (aahhhh ma and pa you sure want me to travel in style thanks.)

Got to stop by the new PX which is very nice. Also took my mom over on Friday to watch Alpha Companys final drill, which wasnt too bad, caught a few mistakes and explained what all was going on to my mom and she thought it was amazing. Besides a couple visits to the island, had some good eating, went on a nice bike ride, got bit by some f*cking sand fleas, went to a comedy club in Hilton Head and just had a general good time visiting with the folks. My wife enjoyed it too.

Right before leaving from Savannahs Airport got a chance to stop by Fort Stewart....they dont have too bad of a setup there. Their PX is pretty nice too, the only thing that proved the difference though is that there were too many soldiers walking around in their damn pajamas in the PX! But what evs, I'm sure if I could get away with walking around the px in jammies on a Sunday I would. I'm pretty sure if I could do alot of things I would but I cant lol.

I hope you all had as good as a Christmas as I did....now its back to work.

yellowwing
12-30-08, 11:19 AM
Sounds like a good Marine Corps Christmas!