PDA

View Full Version : Brett Farv-ray is O,,o,,over-rated......

thewookie
12-29-08, 09:42 AM
I think Brett Farve is the most overrated QB in NFL history.

Desmond Howard won him the Super Bowl.

If it wasn't for Desmond, and a bad game played by the Pats - he'd just be Vinny Testaverde or Kerry Collins - great numbers, but wayyy too many critical picks.

I like ruffling feathers.......:D plus, I'm coming up on 1,200 posts, so I needed a fluff thread/post for the books.

nptwildcat
12-29-08, 10:59 AM
The Gunslinger lives and dies (this year) by his arm. He still ranks in the top 10
greatest ever.

mcvet57103
12-29-08, 02:52 PM
I have to admit, I was miffed when the Packers let him go. But he did give the Jets a good year. For his age he can still scramble, and create plays out of nothing. Over rated? Wookie, please tell me you're not a Bi-queen fan. Bi-queen fans have been calling him over-rated for years. And the Packers, with Favre at the helm, had wooped their purple azzes year after year.

E5NAMKROW
12-29-08, 03:57 PM
Wanna know who is really over rated? The Cleveland Browns. Wait a minute. Never mind they never rated in the first place!!:marine:

Troutzilla
12-29-08, 04:14 PM
Being from the great state of Wisconsin and having watched this kid Farve play his entire career I must say he is top 10 and will be 1st ballot HOF...HOWEVER.... he is a very selfish player...all that jumping around fun lovin kid crap is just for the camera's...he didn't even change in the locker room with the rest of the team, he had a room down the hall from the training room where he went after the game......I'm glad he went to the Jets,his drama was getting rather old and so is he....time for him to hang it up.

montana
12-29-08, 07:59 PM
how bout them seahawks
wish they would play the browns
how would you rate the seahawks..120 being the highest and 1 the lowest
???? O

SgtThrasher
12-29-08, 09:50 PM
Favre will always retain cult status at Green Bay,but I wish he had retired a Packer.

mcvet57103
12-29-08, 10:02 PM
Favre will always retain cult status at Green Bay,but I wish he had retired a Packer.My thoughts exactly. Look at Joe Montana as an example. He ended a great carreer as a failure because he refused to admit when he was done age wise. Favre is only one season away from the same thing. If he had stayed retired as a Packer, he would have had a lifetime of endorsements, and paid appearances. He could have cruised to old age. Well at least he has made enough to retire confortably. Unlike me who is destined to work my old azz off till the day I fall over dead. ;)

OldGruntNamVet
12-30-08, 12:50 PM
Have allways liked and respected Favre, also wish he would have stayed retired!! I think he needs to hang em up.

cw2533
12-30-08, 02:04 PM
Well Wookie I guess we all have our opinions. I live 10 miles from Kiln Ms where Brett lived. He went to Southern Miss with one of my sons . He is a good old country boy and still retains his friends from this area. Oh and yes he will make the hall of fame on the 1st ballot. Semper Fi

Troutzilla
01-01-09, 04:05 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3804004

Seems this sort thing of follows the guy around....I brought this up in my first response to this post and most I talk with about this seem quite surprised....bottom line GREAT player....LOUSY teammate !!!

ggyoung
01-01-09, 04:47 PM
Favre will always retain cult status at Green Bay,but I wish he had retired a Packer.

SgtThrasher I never did like Favre, But he is still in the top 10. I know who your no.1 is. Right. One more thing--5th 8 inch. S/F my best friend.