PDA

View Full Version : Boy Scout collects donations for soldiers, Marines for Eagle Scout Project

thedrifter
12-27-08, 08:27 AM
Boy Scout collects donations for soldiers, Marines for Eagle Scout Project
By Staff reports
Sat Dec 27, 2008, 08:15 AM EST

Melrose - Nicholas Ingersoll of Melrose is a senior patrol leader in Melrose Boy Scout Troop 635, and a junior at Melrose High School. He is currently working towards his Eagle Scout achievement, and Ingersoll told the Free Press his Eagle Scout Project is to ask Melrose residents to donate items for U.S. Army soldiers and U.S. Marines serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Ingersoll said he also has asked his troop, members of Melrose Boy Scout Troop 615, and the Wakefield Boy Scout troop, to help him out by having them encourage their friends and family members to donate items.

“I am trying to get 25 boxes filled to send to 25 troops,” Ingersoll said.

Donation boxes will be set up at Melrose City Hall, Melrose High School, and churches throughout the city from Friday, Jan. 2 through Tuesday, Jan. 27. The donated items will then be packaged and mailed to troops whose addresses are provided by the organization, anysoldier.com.

“I am also looking for organizations or businesses to provide financial donations to help pay for the postage,” Ingersoll said. “To date, I have received $150 from Sovereign Bank.”
A list of specific items that soldiers and Marines have asked for is e available at http://cinger.home.comcast.net.

For questions, email Ingersoll at eagle_scout_project@comcast.net.

Ellie